Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

16th Annual Wabash Valley All Star Game

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Hopefully some Wabash Valley Football coaches on here can shed light on it.  

It is not sponsored by IFCA or IHSAA first and foremost, but by their own little coaches association down south.   

Yes. Total of 32 schools in an association coming from both Indiana and Illinois. Last night was 16th year for all-star game.

Congratulations, fellas, on just playing the game. I assume many of them may not have the chance to lace things up competitively again in their career.

I wish I could have watched on a stream somewhere. Anyone know if it’s available?

I remember when Evansville used to have its own city vs area All-star game for the Region 9 seniors not invited to the North-South game. 

3 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Congratulations, fellas, on just playing the game. I assume many of them may not have the chance to lace things up competitively again in their career.

I wish I could have watched on a stream somewhere. Anyone know if it’s available?

I remember when Evansville used to have its own city vs area All-star game for the Region 9 seniors not invited to the North-South game. 

Id love to see a similar game pitting Northeast Indiana vs Northwest Indiana.  

Northwest Indiana to include :

Duneland

Northwest Crossroads

GLAC

GSSC

NIC

Northeast Indiana to include :

SAC

Northern Lakes

Allen County

Northeast Corner

Northeast 8

12 hours ago, DT said:

Id love to see a similar game pitting Northeast Indiana vs Northwest Indiana.  

Northwest Indiana to include :

Duneland

Northwest Crossroads

GLAC

GSSC

NIC

Northeast Indiana to include :

SAC

Northern Lakes

Allen County

Northeast Corner

Northeast 8

It would be interesting to see The RSN with Chris Ramirez and RRSN with Paul Condry Co Sponsoring this event.  Ames Field in Michigan City would be the first host, with the game moving annually to a new host school rotating from west to east.  This would also be a great way to honor some recently retired head coaches.  

Would be fun to see Russ Isaacs coaching the east and Leroy Marsh handling the west.  

The public was not allowed to attend. Only family members who were given tickets by the players. Everyone was screened before the practices and everyone was screened before entering the gate for the game. It was streamed on indianasportsnetwork.com.

I don't know all the details. That's all I was told. As far as I know, no one tested positive.

• Like 1

What are the insurance requirements needed by the participants to play in this game?  Is the game planned and executed outside of school jurisdiction?   Is this a privately funded event?

Is there any advance marketing/promotional work done to alert the public of this event?

2 hours ago, DT said:

What are the insurance requirements needed by the participants to play in this game?  Is the game planned and executed outside of school jurisdiction?   Is this a privately funded event?

Is there any advance marketing/promotional work done to alert the public of this event?

I'm not sure about the insurance thing. The game is annually put on by the WVFCA. They used to host the game at either THN or THS but now it's usually held at ISU. This year it was held at the Boys & Girls Club field due to the limited audience. 

It's usually always advertised by the high schools and the local news stations. They have an ad ran in the newspaper about 2 weeks before the game. It's not advertised extremely well. They could do better. 

I'm not too sure about the funding part of it but I'm pretty sure it's always funded by the WVFCA and FIrst Fincancial Bank.