Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SW Indiana Freshman and JV News

2 hours ago, NorthKnox94 said:

Thanks to the Gibson Southern folks for playing us...we have had to look hard for games this year...It was a very competitive game...good luck to the varsity for the rest of the season.  I honestly thought you guys would show up with like 30 kids...have some very talented freshman...our team was about half and half freshman/sophomores...

Thanks for having us....crazy year, we have lost a freshman to varsity and we had our #1 o-lineman contact traced out for this game.  I personally coached these kids from 4th through 8th grade.  They have a great work ethic as a group.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NorthKnox94 said:

Thanks to the Gibson Southern folks for playing us...we have had to look hard for games this year...It was a very competitive game...good luck to the varsity for the rest of the season.  I honestly thought you guys would show up with like 30 kids...have some very talented freshman...our team was about half and half freshman/sophomores...

We appreciate the opportunity for sure. This might be recent memory bias, but I think your NK team hit harder than we've seen all season.  Hats to the ball all night, and hard.  Definitely some very good linebacker scraping that nipped what would have normally been big gains for our QB. Kept our running game in check for sure. Good blocking on your O side of the ball, too. Well disciplined and well executed on assignments... they all knew what their job was and they did it well.

And I loved that horn on TDs! That must really get the crowd fired up on Friday nights. Pretty cool venue on the hillside there too. Good luck to your varsity the rest of the way!

• Like 2

Yeah...that is actually a Jr High dad...it is real fun on the road when we score...when we beat Booneville on their homecoming last year...that was the first time we heard it...we had no clue he was bringing it...now it's at all the games.  Yeah, we preach toughness...if we dont win...at least they will remember how hard we hit...lol...fun game last night.  I thought we were in trouble when the kickoff got ran back right at half time to bring you guys within a score...if we would have went into hafltime with 22-8 lead...we may have been able to win...lol...oh well, it was a good learning game for our young kids.