Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Conference HUDL Film Trade

On 2/3/2021 at 3:06 PM, Haines2010 said:

@FarmerFran if I send crappy film to teams, they know where they can find it in 4K. We are committed to broadcasting all of our games at Triton with that high resolution and get an announcer calling the numbers of the players making tackles and running the ball. 

All of our games are broadcasted through a local media outlet and posted on YouTube just like yours at Triton. I have to say that the production value of the Triton games were great comparatively. It's not the best case scenario to break down film using full broadcasts, but it's nice to have the option in addition to the Hudl films we trade. 

3 minutes ago, FlyingHigh said:

All of our games are broadcasted through a local media outlet and posted on YouTube just like yours at Triton. I have to say that the production value of the Triton games were great comparatively. It's not the best case scenario to break down film using full broadcasts, but it's nice to have the option in addition to the Hudl films we trade. 

We have some great people that does our broadcasts who are all local and alumni of Triton. As the guy who sends all of the film off, I always try to make sure that you get at least halfway decent film and make sure my people are going to do a decent job. One of things that bugs me as a coach when I am trying to watch is when teams send the lower quality film using the iPad instead and they do not pan in just the slightest bit so it looks like little specs. I get it though, some teams have great fields, but that is ultimately not what I am looking for. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haines2010 said:

We have some great people that does our broadcasts who are all local and alumni of Triton. As the guy who sends all of the film off, I always try to make sure that you get at least halfway decent film and make sure my people are going to do a decent job. One of things that bugs me as a coach when I am trying to watch is when teams send the lower quality film using the iPad instead and they do not pan in just the slightest bit so it looks like little specs. I get it though, some teams have great fields, but that is ultimately not what I am looking for. 

If a program feels like they need to do this to get the upper hand in a matchup, it speaks pretty loudly to the confidence in their team and in their staff to prepare for an opponent. I've never understood this and would rather give up our entire library of film - sideline and end zone - than purposely give a secondary, lower quality film.

Like you said, some fields aren't set up well to have great film quality so you can't fault people for that. There have been several times, though, that teams are clearly using an iPad.