Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Technology

Irishman

Question

It seems that technology has changed some of the rules in recent years, or at least forced some clarifications. We are shopping for a headset system to replace our current one. 
This seems like a new thing. Are there NFHS rules that do not allow this type of communication between a coach and a player in the huddle? I have even seen that ear pieces are being advertised so it would be less obvious, or more efficient. 
image.thumb.png.68b3fa169ce9bfffad704893643bf10c.png

3 answers to this question

5 minutes ago, Irishman said:

It seems that technology has changed some of the rules in recent years, or at least forced some clarifications. We are shopping for a headset system to replace our current one. 
This seems like a new thing. Are there NFHS rules that do not allow this type of communication between a coach and a player in the huddle? I have even seen that ear pieces are being advertised so it would be less obvious, or more efficient. 
image.thumb.png.68b3fa169ce9bfffad704893643bf10c.png

32 looks like a young Alvin Mack.  He doesn't need the coaches "in his ear", or in this case, "in his armpit".  Let him play.  🤣

But to answer your question, I am not 100% sure.  @Bobref  @Impartial_Observer 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Illegal equipment includes “Electronic communication devices used to communicate with a player except during an outside 9-yard mark conference.” Rule 1-5-3(c)(2).

Knew Bob would know it. I’m still learning so much. Thanks Bob. 

Im just the grunt that matches off the yardage. 😂