Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Indiana…..A football state for real this time

On 6/21/2021 at 6:19 PM, temptation said:

You are putting words in my mouth.  Never said “horrible” nor insinuated “remove.”  Quit with the hyperbole...you are trying too hard.

Outside of Washington and Franklin, the low-income, single parent households have taken over as the majority which makes it a steep uphill climb.  Once again, it’s not that hard.

You said Franklin and Washington Township districts are hanging by a thread and they are the only ones doing that well. You have clearly given up on them existing. That makes it pretty clear you consider them horrible and they need to go away. What else are we supposed to assume.

It's very obvious you are not a part of any of these districts and your opinions are based on anecdotal information and data that doesn't tell a complete story. The districts are doing very well including children of low income and single-family parents. Some struggle and some don't just like any other district.

What do you propose to fix the problem you perceive?

16 minutes ago, JustRules said:

You said Franklin and Washington Township districts are hanging by a thread and they are the only ones doing that well. You have clearly given up on them existing. That makes it pretty clear you consider them horrible and they need to go away. What else are we supposed to assume.

It's very obvious you are not a part of any of these districts and your opinions are based on anecdotal information and data that doesn't tell a complete story. The districts are doing very well including children of low income and single-family parents. Some struggle and some don't just like any other district.

What do you propose to fix the problem you perceive?

Your logic that I think they are “horrible” and need to “go away” is based upon what exactly?  I am just stating that the current demographic and socioeconomic trends in Marion County have affected them the least thus far.

North Central and Franklin Central’s best football playing days are still ahead of them and their recent moves have reflected theor commitment to the sport.  I believe the rest of the county public school’s best days are behind them as urban sprawl continues.

I actually AM a part of a public school district in Marion County and am walking the front lines daily.  I see amazing educators busting their asses to get kids across the finish line but it takes a full commitment.  Let’s also not ignore the fact that “the bar” is much lower.

Its a societal problem that is difficult to fix.  It starts at home (and I’m not giving educators a pass by any means).  Tons of delusional folks look at education (many of the same who look at law enforcement) and think they could step right in and do it better.