Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  46 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

What Did We Learn From The Pandemic?

Bobref

As we emerge from the pandemic, it’s clear that some things have changed forever. For example, in my business - I’m an attorney practicing civil litigation - we conducted court hearings exclusively via ZOOM, and found out we can do that very effectively. So, even as the pandemic winds down, many courts are expanding their use of technology to address routine matters. Same goes for depositions. I used to travel all over the country, taking depositions and meeting with experts. If your bills are being paid by an insurance company, it is getting increasingly difficult to get them to pay for face to face meetings and depositions, since doing things electronically costs a pittance by comparison. Reasonable people can debate whether the cost savings is worth the lack of face to face interaction. But if your client focuses on cost containment to the exclusion of all else, that debate becomes largely irrelevant.

How have practices that developed during the pandemic now become firmly entrenched in your personal or professional life?

56 minutes ago, Bobref said:

How have practices that developed during the pandemic now become firmly entrenched in your personal or professional life?

The department at my current employer is currenting employing a rotation model, where roughly half the department is in the office while the other half works from home.  So this week I may be in the office M-W-F and work from home Tu-Th.  Management has given no indication if and when they are going to end this rotation model.