• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HCC Sectional Semis

Westfield at Noblesville, 7 pm

Fishers at Hamilton SE, 7 pm

Carmel at Avon, 7 pm

Brownsburg at Pike, 7 pm

Center Grove at Franklin Central, 7 pm

Harrison at Zionsville, 7 pm

I was waiting for temptation to post his weekly predictions but I guess he is busy with muddy cleats, so here goes:

Back in the day (yes, I’m going there) the evil Millers were known around the county as Noblestucky. All the schools, even little Carmel, hated them. Always won everything, or at least it seemed that way. 
Of course, that was the 60’s and Westfield didn’t have football. So that story is pretty much irrelevant! Fast forward to today and the ‘Rocks are state powers! Since this game is at Swanson Field, and monsoon season is still a thing, I think the score will be somewhat conservative…..

Westfield 24  Noblesville 9

Mudsock Bowl II is much more intriguing than the 1st one, HSE is much improved and top 10 ranked. Fishers has also improved but the home team is just a little better.

HSE  31  Fishers 17

I have long awaited the 1st ever matchup between my alma mater (Go Hounds) and the school where we’ve lived for 40 years and educated all 4 of my children (Go O's).

Why couldn't this have happened in 2015, when Avon bowed out to eventual state champion Center Grove in 2 overtime’s at semi state? Or 2019 when undefeated and top ranked Avon laid an egg in sectionals and bowed out to Brownsburg?

instead it’s 2021 and Avon is 1-8 and Carmel is 8-1. An obvious mismatch. Avon treats defense like it’s a foreign language. Carmel is, well, Carmel. Kyle Nedenreip of the Star somehow thinks Avon has momentum. He calls it a 38-28 game. He doesn’t want to offend any of his 3 dozen readers. I’m thinking Avon may score early and they may score late.

Carmel 48  Avon 14

Brownsburg has had a very good season. They beat everyone they were supposed to beat, and played Cathedral and Westfield tough in losses. Pike, just like Avon, broke into the winner’s column in week 9. I don’t call that momentum. It’s time for Bburg to raise their game in the post season.

Brownsburg  24  Pike 7

There is nothing to say about Center Grove that hasn’t already been said. But it is fun trying to guess how bad they beat up on their opposition! Franklin Central has made great strides this year and their coach knows how tough MIC champions are to play.

Center Grove 38  Franklin Central 10

Harrison has a program on the rise. Zionsville wants to get back to Lucas before they return to 6A. I really don’t know how this one’s going to go. I guess I give the Eagles a slight edge because of a tougher schedule. This one will go down to the wire.

Zionsville  28  Harrison 24

Thoughts?

14 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Westfield at Noblesville, 7 pm

Fishers at Hamilton SE, 7 pm

Carmel at Avon, 7 pm

Brownsburg at Pike, 7 pm

Center Grove at Franklin Central, 7 pm

Harrison at Zionsville, 7 pm

I was waiting for temptation to post his weekly predictions but I guess he is busy with muddy cleats, so here goes:

Back in the day (yes, I’m going there) the evil Millers were known around the county as Noblestucky. All the schools, even little Carmel, hated them. Always won everything, or at least it seemed that way. 
Of course, that was the 60’s and Westfield didn’t have football. So that story is pretty much irrelevant! Fast forward to today and the ‘Rocks are state powers! Since this game is at Swanson Field, and monsoon season is still a thing, I think the score will be somewhat conservative…..

Westfield 24  Noblesville 9

Mudsock Bowl II is much more intriguing than the 1st one, HSE is much improved and top 10 ranked. Fishers has also improved but the home team is just a little better.

HSE  31  Fishers 17

I have long awaited the 1st ever matchup between my alma mater (Go Hounds) and the school where we’ve lived for 40 years and educated all 4 of my children (Go O's).

Why couldn't this have happened in 2015, when Avon bowed out to eventual state champion Center Grove in 2 overtime’s at semi state? Or 2019 when undefeated and top ranked Avon laid an egg in sectionals and bowed out to Brownsburg?

instead it’s 2021 and Avon is 1-8 and Carmel is 8-1. An obvious mismatch. Avon treats defense like it’s a foreign language. Carmel is, well, Carmel. Kyle Nedenreip of the Star somehow thinks Avon has momentum. He calls it a 38-28 game. He doesn’t want to offend any of his 3 dozen readers. I’m thinking Avon may score early and they may score late.

Carmel 48  Avon 14

Brownsburg has had a very good season. They beat everyone they were supposed to beat, and played Cathedral and Westfield tough in losses. Pike, just like Avon, broke into the winner’s column in week 9. I don’t call that momentum. It’s time for Bburg to raise their game in the post season.

Brownsburg  24  Pike 7

There is nothing to say about Center Grove that hasn’t already been said. But it is fun trying to guess how bad they beat up on their opposition! Franklin Central has made great strides this year and their coach knows how tough MIC champions are to play.

Center Grove 38  Franklin Central 10

Harrison has a program on the rise. Zionsville wants to get back to Lucas before they return to 6A. I really don’t know how this one’s going to go. I guess I give the Eagles a slight edge because of a tougher schedule. This one will go down to the wire.

Thoughts?

Westfield 31-7

HSE 27-17

Carmel 42-21

Brownsburg 28-7

Center Grove 48-7

Zionsville 20-14

29 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

Thoughts?

Harrison's also hoping to get a shot at LOS before they bump up to 6A too ... the latest enrollments now show them to be larger than cross-river and fellow NCC rival, Jeff.  Harrison's been upping their competition at the freshman and JV level the past couple of seasons too, so things are getting ready to peak ... my thinking for peak would likely be the 2023 season.  Moving up to 6A is going to blunt that impact while Harrison adjusts to 6A, so they are going to have to rush things this season.  To quote Elwood Blues,

1 hour ago, Slobberknocker said:

Westfield 28 at Noblesville 7

Fishers 10 at Hamilton SE 21

Carmel 28 at Avon 7

Brownsburg 17 at Pike 7

Center Grove 49 at Franklin Central 7

Harrison 20 at Zionsville 21

2 TDs, 2 PATs, and 2 FGs for Harrison?  Or a missed PAT on 3 TDs?  Either way, that would be interesting as Harrison's only attempted two FGs all season long ... and is 1 for 2.  PATs on the other other hand are 46 for 46 across two kickers.

33 minutes ago, foxbat said:

2 TDs, 2 PATs, and 2 FGs for Harrison?  Or a missed PAT on 3 TDs?  Either way, that would be interesting as Harrison's only attempted two FGs all season long ... and is 1 for 2.  PATs on the other other hand are 46 for 46 across two kickers.

Disclaimer:  Past preformance is not a guarantee of future results... 😊

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

Disclaimer:  Past preformance is not a guarantee of future results... 😊

You haven't seen the field threads have you?  And I'm not talking about the field or the teams. 😀

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

To be honest I don't follow Harrison and I was thinking it would  be close game and decided by a mistake and happen to chose a missed PAT do to bad whether. Cool stats by the way, thanks for the knowledge. Just curious do you know how many 2pt conversion Harrison has attempted / made?

2 minutes ago, Slobberknocker said:

To be honest I don't follow Harrison and I was thinking it would  be close game and decided by a mistake and happen to chose a missed PAT do to bad whether. Cool stats by the way, thanks for the knowledge. Just curious do you know how many 2pt conversion Harrison has attempted / made?

On the made side for 2-point conversions, I believe it's three for the season.  Not sure of the attempts.