Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Brebeuf Question

36 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

Well, I answered my own question.  He has stats at WR.  Looks like just a change at QB.

I found that interesting because Kyle Neddereip (sp) mentioned in his preview of week 6 that the QB made a decision to go to WR to help out the team. He said it was an unselfish move. That is confusing to me. A WR still needs a QB to get them the ball. How is this an unselfish move if he is the best QB? I wonder if there had been a QB competition and the back up one out and so they moved the starter, an athletic football player, to WR because they lost a great WR last year? I don't know. If you can fill a spot at WR with a better athlete, that is great. But at the expense of losing your starting QB? I don't know. Sounds weird to me.

28 minutes ago, MonkeyButt said:

I found that interesting because Kyle Neddereip (sp) mentioned in his preview of week 6 that the QB made a decision to go to WR to help out the team. He said it was an unselfish move. That is confusing to me. A WR still needs a QB to get them the ball. How is this an unselfish move if he is the best QB? I wonder if there had been a QB competition and the back up one out and so they moved the starter, an athletic football player, to WR because they lost a great WR last year? I don't know. If you can fill a spot at WR with a better athlete, that is great. But at the expense of losing your starting QB? I don't know. Sounds weird to me.

I'm guessing that's the case. Perhaps this is the best way for Brebeuf to maximize its talent on the field.

28 minutes ago, MonkeyButt said:

They lost two great WRs from last year.   Both had over 1000 yards.  One had 16 and the other 20 TDs.   IMO, they made the QB look better than he was.  

6 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

They lost two great WRs from last year.   Both had over 1000 yards.  One had 16 and the other 20 TDs.   IMO, they made the QB look better than he was.  

I saw 11 throw at multiple camps this summer.  He looked really good to me.

1 hour ago, fenderbender said:

It is still a weird perspective. Usually if the QB is the best one you have you don't move him to a position that is dependent on the position from which they were moved. 

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

I saw 11 throw at multiple camps this summer.  He looked really good to me.

I am not going to question you assessment, I am just stating what I saw in the few games I saw (Roncalli, GS and maybe one other).  His WRs went and got balls that were off target.  He was also less than 60% completion percentage.

Walters and Annee were incredible.  Fast and great hands.

4 minutes ago, fenderbender said:

I am not going to question you assessment, I am just stating what I saw in the few games I saw (Roncalli, GS and maybe one other).  His WRs went and got balls that were off target.  He was also less than 60% completion percentage.

Walters and Annee were incredible.  Fast and great hands.

No arguments on Walters and Annee.  Walters was pretty good on D as well.

The one time I saw Brebeuf last year (before the title game), Buckman was hurt, Annee came in at QB and they were excellent. 

It seemed even then Geske was their guy for the future. They were really high on him last year (and not just because he's the coach's son). If there's a 1A and a 1B and there's not much (if any) dropoff from one to the other and that allows you to get a better WR1 on the field, do it.