Head Coach Opening 2019 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
GreenKnight

Probably an old question, but, how long until we know our new sectionals?

Class assignments will be out soon, I want to say in next 3 or so weeks, then sectionals toward the end of April.....everything has been pushed back this year

Next Monday the 29th is the Executive meeting at IHSAA, it is to be thought that they will be approving the sectional at this meeting and they will most likely if they are indeed on the agenda, then put out the press release later in the day on Monday or mid morning on Tuesday.  

Question llayoffs- For 5A AND 6A will the bye be in week 10 or the week of when semi-state is for the other 4 classes?

I am going to assume week 10, as 5A will have to play 2 games this week as well, with 34 teams in 5A

Not sure where I heard this, but heard it was going to be the week before the State finals. 

It will impact less teams if the bye is held on the traditional semi-state week.  Only four schools will be impacted.

It will impact less teams if the bye is held on the traditional semi-state week. Only four schools will be impacted.

Yea but having to wait 2 weeks before the state would suck and that would only affect 2 teams

Yea but having to wait 2 weeks before the state would suck and that would only affect 2 teams

I was thinking 2 teams also but on 2nd thought believe he meant 2 in 5A + 2 in 6A equals 4 teams.

I was thinking 2 teams also but on 2nd thought believe he meant 2 in 5A + 2 in 6A equals 4 teams.

That's what I said! ;)

5A is going to have to play as many weeks as 4A-1A since it has more than 32 teams in it. So there will be bye weeks for alot of teams in week 10 for 5A.  The only Class that has 32 teams and a definite bye week is 6A.

Edited by WCGrad92

5A is going to have to play as many weeks as 4A-1A since it has more than 32 teams in it. So there will be bye weeks for alot of teams in week 10 for 5A.  The only Class that has 32 teams and a definite bye week is 6A.

5A and 6A will both have 32 teams.

Just wondering, Shouldn't Luers be moved up to 4A? Based on enrollment figures, they would move moved to 3A regardless due to size. So, they are not getting bump due to points?

Or, does the point system not come into play after 2013 season is complete?

Just wondering, Shouldn't Luers be moved up to 4A? Based on enrollment figures, they would move moved to 3A regardless due to size. So, they are not getting bump due to points?

Or, does the point system not come into play after 2013 season is complete?

They earned their points in 2A so should only be bumped to 3A so I believe enrolment dosent matter since they are 3A regardless because of the suscess factor.

Why did they stick 2 extra teams in 5A when they said it would be 32 in both 5A and 6A ??

c

Count them again Bob..there ARE 34 teams in 5A.

I did count...34.  Response was to Dave who says 32.  34 in 5A because the total number of football teams is now 322.

I did count...34.  Response was to Dave who says 32.  34 in 5A because the total number of football teams is now 322.

Ok...nevermind

we have 2 more teams now than needed for a 5 class system, so all extra teams at this point are placed in 5A.  64 teams in each 1A-4A, 32 in 6A, and all other teams placed in 5A.