Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  47 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

US 30 - Any politicians on here?

BTF

Tragically, two more are dead on US 30 going through Columbia City. When is enough enough? I get it, Indianapolis wants to be known as the Crossroads of America and continues to build highways less important than the one that needs to go west out of Fort Wayne. Fort Wayne has a metro of over 600,000 people, yet INDOT still treats it as a third world country. All the state's focus being on Indianapolis is a poor model for growth. For years, an imbalance of state funding has gone to the capital city, regardless of what populations in other areas of the state tell the funding where it should go. The result? Two more lives. US 30 is dangerous, yet building a highway from Indy to Evansville is more important than Fort Wayne to Chicago. Do the math people. Do the math INDOT. It's doesn't make much sense. Six hundred thousand people and the only access out of here is north and south. East and west is pretty important too if anyone outside of NE Indiana cares even just a little bit. How many people have to die on the ever so dangerous US 30? Oh wait, eight highway access points out of Indy isn't enough, they're probably look at Springfield, Toledo, or Cleveland to be next. Wondering if anymore lives are being taken on US 30 as this is being written. Shame on the State of Indiana. Shame on INDOT. 

I know there is an exploratory committee looking at converting 30 into an interstate similar to what it is most of the way through Ohio. The New Haven Mayor is on the committee. The concern I think is it will likely have to be a new road as towns like CC and Warsaw have so much built up right on top of the road now that there is no room for on/off ramps or overpasses. 

17 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

she’s way to concerned about kissing right to life’s ass!

Life is a good thing. I would think we could all agree on that. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Irishman said:

I know there is an exploratory committee looking at converting 30 into an interstate similar to what it is most of the way through Ohio. The New Haven Mayor is on the committee. The concern I think is it will likely have to be a new road as towns like CC and Warsaw have so much built up right on top of the road now that there is no room for on/off ramps or overpasses. 

I'm presuming INDOT faced similar challenges when going from Indy to Evansville? What about the eight highways going out of Indy? When they want a highway, they make it happen. 

The plan right now is to restructure intersections to make them safer. Unfortunately, that's a waste of taxpayers money. The growth from Fort Wayne to Merrillville is growing, not shrinking. US 30 becoming an interstate in inevitable. If they don't do it now, it will be much more difficult 20 years from now as Columbia City, Valparaiso, and Warsaw continue to grow. Like everything else outside of Indianapolis, the state seems satisfied with applying a band aid. Hell, no one is even asking for access to the east though Columbus. Give us west to Chicago, eliminate some deaths along the way. No one really seems to care about death unless their family is directly affected. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Never said it wasn’t, but I’m not kissing anyone’s ass over anything.

If she's pro-life, I'm kissing it. I think for every baby that is aborted, they should take out one adult who thinks it's ok. Eye for an eye. 

• Haha 1