Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  47 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

Allen's defense: Libby and Abby killed in Odinism ritual sacrifice

Muda69

https://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2023/09/18/allens-defense-libby-and-abby-killed-in-odinism-ritual-sacrifice/70890406007/

DELPHI, Ind. — Libby German and Abby Williams' accused killer, Richard Allen, requested a hearing to present evidence that the search warrant for his house was based on faulty probable cause, and the girls were murdered in a ritual killing by several people, not Allen, according to a 136-page memorandum filed Monday to support the motion to suppress.

"Members of a pagan Norse religion, called Odinism, hijacked by white nationalists, ritualistically sacrificed Abigail Williams and Liberty German," states the memorandum filed Monday with a motion to suppress.

"(N)othing, absolutely nothing, links Richard Allen to Odinism or any religious cult," the memorandum states.

The killing of Libby and Abby

Someone forced Libby and Abby off of the trails around the Monon High Bridge east of Delphi on an unseasonably warm Feb. 13, 2017, ordering them "down the hill," as recorded on Libby's video taken on her phone. Their abductor took the girls about a quarter of a mile east of the bridge, where the girls were killed on the north banks of the Deer Creek.

Their bodies were discovered late the next morning by searchers.

Their killings went unsolved for almost six years until Oct. 26, when Richard Allen was arrested. He was charged Oct. 28, and prosecutors allege that tool markings from a unfired bullet found between the two girls was ejected from Allen's semiautomatic pistol.

Allen's trial is scheduled to begin Jan. 8.

Clues of Odinism found at the scene

"Odinism is the pagan religion referenced above, and its followers are called Odinites," the memorandum states. "Odinists are enamored of Viking/Nordic culture.

"Evidence supports that at the crime scene, these murdering Odinites left behind obvious signatures, symbols in the form of runes (Germanic letters)," according to the memorandum. "These runes were (1) formed with sticks, (2) fashioned with tree branches and (3) painted using the blood of Liberty German."

Clues to the Odinism killing included sticks placed over Abby and Libby's bodies at the crime scene to form Germanic letters associated with Odinism; a letter painted on a tree with Libby's blood; and faux antlers created with sticks branches placed above Abby's head, according to the memorandum.

Additionally, some of the branches had been precut with a power saw, suggesting they were prepared before the killings, according to the memorandum.

This sad story just took a really bizarre turn.  Smells of real desperation by the defense.

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

More bizarre stuff from this memorandum filed by the defense:  https://www.jconline.com/story/news/crime/2023/09/20/delphi-murders-document-details-ritualistic-crime-scene-suspects-libby-german-abby-williams/70895144007/

Sounds like there is a Odinist cult/cabal operating in at least Carroll and Cass counties.

Compelling......and strange......

• 3 weeks later...

This is the first I've heard of this and as crazy as this is, I think it does have some legs to it. The authorities themselves stated the crime scene was highly posed and even described it as 'non secular'. And the defense wouldn't just say all that stuff about the details of the bodies if it wasn't true, whether or not all of what described was actually at the crime scene is obviously easily provable in court. 

Now I think the question becomes: did Mr. Allen (or the actual murderer, presuming innocence) know about this cult (assuming it is actually real) and deliberately make the crime scene appear this way to throw off investigators? Or is the supposed cult not real and this was just a total red herring to begin with? Or, as unbelievable as it sounds, was this a real cult sacrifice? Either way a very strange twist in what has already been a very strange and sad story. 

I hate speculating on something so dark but I must admit this case has intrigued me ever since it originally happened.