Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

Wabash River Conference Sectional Thread

And then there were 2.

2A sectional 34 8-3 Central Catholics at 8-3 Seegers. LCC beat them in week one 35-8 after a slow start. I think they win easily unless the weather affects their passing game. The windmills could be a factor as well. The winner gets the Bremans- LaVilla Strangiato winner 

1A sectional 42 11-0 Park Tudors at 8-3 North Vermilions. I thought FC or NV could give PT a game but don’t see it happening. PT runs away with this one. 
Winner gets North Judsons- Tritons winner 

End of the road for the WRC this year. At least both teams get to finish at home...

Lafayette Central Catholic @ Seeger - Knights may get distracted at first by the windmills, but not for long. Patriots showed some life gutting out a tough one against Lewis Cass. This one may be closer, but not by much. LCC 35-14

Park Tudor @ North Vermillion - The Panthers have breezed through the first two rounds and should win the sectional again. The Falcons will make them work for it on their home field. PT 35-21

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bear54 said:

End of the road for the WRC this year. At least both teams get to finish at home...

Lafayette Central Catholic @ Seeger - Knights may get distracted at first by the windmills, but not for long. Patriots showed some life gutting out a tough one against Lewis Cass. This one may be closer, but not by much. LCC 35-14

Park Tudor @ North Vermillion - The Panthers have breezed through the first two rounds and should win the sectional again. The Falcons will make them work for it on their home field. PT 35-21

After watching PT but up 21 before FC fans could get their nachos I don’t think NV can hang. 

Ok the squirrel sadly won't be in town for the sectional championships, but I strongly believe in both teams advancing on to the regional championship next week.

LCC @ Seeger- The Patriots pulled off the upset last week and the Cinderella story continues in a 14-7 win with amazing defense.

PT @ NV- What a roller coaster win for NV last week as much as I would love to see NV win I think Park Tudor is too explosive on offense but if NV controls the game I could see the Falcons winning. I am torn but my gut tells me to pick the Falcons in a party at Gibson Falcons win 34-27

Might be the end of the line for the WRC this week (hopefully I'm wrong)

LCC @ Seeger - LCC passing attack will be too much for Seeger LCC wins 35 - 20

PT @ NV - Park Tudor is too athletic for NV. I hope they can hang with them for a little bit but ultimately PT wins 42 - 21

I've heard good things about both non WRC teams qbs.. Heard the PT qb is going D1 and that LCC qb has multiple offers.. Anybody know if there's any truth behind that?

21 hours ago, WRC123 said:

I've heard good things about both non WRC teams qbs.. Heard the PT qb is going D1 and that LCC qb has multiple offers.. Anybody know if there's any truth behind that?

The PT is going to Harvard and he's their best player idk about the LCC QB. Don't sleep on Jerome White from NV is a scary dual threat and makes every defense worried. White is the best player in the conference and I will stand by that statement.

On 10/31/2023 at 11:26 AM, GroundSquirrel said:

Ok the squirrel sadly won't be in town for the sectional championships, but I strongly believe in both teams advancing on to the regional championship next week.

LCC @ Seeger- The Patriots pulled off the upset last week and the Cinderella story continues in a 14-7 win with amazing defense.

PT @ NV- What a roller coaster win for NV last week as much as I would love to see NV win I think Park Tudor is too explosive on offense but if NV controls the game I could see the Falcons winning. I am torn but my gut tells me to pick the Falcons in a party at Gibson Falcons win 34-27

FC beat NV 34-28. PT beat FC 42-6 and it could have been by double that amount. Sorry but no way they hang with PT.