Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IHSAA slap down.

17 minutes ago, LaSalle Lions 1976 said:

I do work in education and coached football for a couple of years.

I agree all players play to win, but they also play to get away from situations, have some structure in their lives, and to be part of something.

Most of the kids that I coached needed a family more than a win.

I guess that is something you can't relate to.  Sorry about that.

I can relate to that more than you think but the insinuation that a school should VOLUNTEER to play up a class in order to “play the best because WE’RE Snider” is still asinine.  Even more so when it’s coming from someone not affiliated with the team.

You’re trying to start a completely different argument and the two topics are not mutually exclusive.

I can teach you how to start a new thread if you’d like.  Let me know.

”Coached football for a couple years” lol.

Edited by Guest

On 8/3/2019 at 10:18 AM, Temptation said:

I can relate to that more than you think but the insinuation that a school should VOLUNTEER to play up a class in order to “play the best because WE’RE Snider” is still asinine.  Even more so when it’s coming from someone not affiliated with the team.

You’re trying to start a completely different argument and the two topics are not mutually exclusive.

I can teach you how to start a new thread if you’d like.  Let me know.

”Coached football for a couple years” lol.

It sounds like you are getting flustered because many on here disagree with your line of thought. You somehow think that you speak for EVERY high school football player in the state of Indiana. That's very irresponsible. The fact of the matter is, you DO NOT speak for every football player in the state, maybe just the ones you've had personal contact with. There are many on this topic who feel that there ARE players who are willing to accept the greater challenge. What is wrong with that? Why is that so hard for you to grasp? Not everyone wants a participation trophy. There are lots of kids who want to earn their trophy by playing teams that better challenge them. So what if the kids you know choose to take the easier path. Stop crucifying those who seek greater challenge. 

"Snider should volunteer to play up" is not asinine. It's just an opinion. At the end of the day, teams will play where the IHSAA tell them too. The IHSAA just told Snider that they are staying in 6a. It sounds like you want everyone associated with Snider to cry and whine about why they don't belong in 6a due to enrollment. Bottom line............they ARE in 6a and that's not going to change. Embrace the challenge and take on all comers. If a team from a school of 1800 is afraid to take on a team from a school of 5000, then they might as well turn in their equipment after week 9. Sorry if this offends you Temptation, but that's not the attitude at Snider and their goal this year is to win the 6a state championship. 

Again, good luck to the program you follow. Good luck to all. This debate is over. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, BTF said:

It sounds like you are getting flustered because many on here disagree with your line of thought. You somehow think that you speak for EVERY high school football player in the state of Indiana. That's very irresponsible. The fact of the matter is, you DO NOT speak for every football player in the state, maybe just the ones you've had personal contact with. There are many on this topic who feel that there ARE players who are willing to accept the greater challenge. What is wrong with that? Why is that so hard for you to grasp? Not everyone wants a participation trophy. There are lots of kids who want to earn their trophy by playing teams that better challenge them. So what if the kids you know choose to take the easier path. Stop crucifying those who seek greater challenge. 

"Snider should volunteer to play up" is not asinine. It's just an opinion. At the end of the day, teams will play where the IHSAA tell them too. The IHSAA just told Snider that they are staying in 6a. It sounds like you want everyone associated with Snider to cry and whine about why they don't belong in 6a due to enrollment. Bottom line............they ARE in 6a and that's not going to change. Embrace the challenge and take on all comers. If a team from a school of 1800 is afraid to take on a team from a school of 5000, then they might as well turn in their equipment after week 9. Sorry if this offends you Temptation, but that's not the attitude at Snider and their goal this year is to win the 6a state championship. 

Again, good luck to the program you follow. Good luck to all. This debate is over. 

Nah, it’ll be “over” IF Snider gets to the regional...

Carmel 42-13.

I just hope folks don’t come on here claiming some sort of moral victory or talk about how the Panthers lost with “honor.”

You’d better believe the success factor will then be brought up once again and fairness will be questioned.

On 8/4/2019 at 9:39 PM, Temptation said:

Nah, it’ll be “over” IF Snider gets to the regional...

That's a big "if". Homestead looks to put a pretty good football team on the field this year and are hungry for a victory over the Panthers.

Carmel 42-13.

You may very well be right...............Carmel is a BEAST!

I just hope folks don’t come on here claiming some sort of moral victory or talk about how the Panthers lost with “honor.”

That won't happen. The culture at Snider is to win. Twenty seven sectionals, 16 Regionals, 7 Semi States, & 2 State Championships. 

You’d better believe the success factor will then be brought up once again and fairness will be questioned.

Not anyone from Snider and certainly not on this forum. 

Here's the thing Temptation. When playing in 6a, Snider will be a Top 15 team 30% of the time, Top 10 team 30%, Top 5 Team 30%, and a Top 2 team 10% of the time.That's pretty much a fact.  With that being said, 6a is a better class with Snider in it. 

10 hours ago, BTF said:

That's a big "if". Homestead looks to put a pretty good football team on the field this year and are hungry for a victory over the Panthers.

You may very well be right...............Carmel is a BEAST!

That won't happen. The culture at Snider is to win. Twenty seven sectionals, 16 Regionals, 7 Semi States, & 2 State Championships. 

Not anyone from Snider and certainly not on this forum. 

Here's the thing Temptation. When playing in 6a, Snider will be a Top 15 team 30% of the time, Top 10 team 30%, Top 5 Team 30%, and a Top 2 team 10% of the time.That's pretty much a fact.  With that being said, 6a is a better class with Snider in it. 

I'm not denying the legacy of the Snider program as the numbers speak for themselves.  However, this conversation took a left turn.  The insinuation that Snider SHOULD move up and voluntarily play 6A was the main argument and it is still a ridiculous take, regardless of what the numbers say.  I truly get the whole "now that we are there, we have to embrace it" mentality but what else do you expect them to say?

Can they compete?  Most often, sure.  Should they have to?  A debate for another thread.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, Temptation said:

I'm not denying the legacy of the Snider program as the numbers speak for themselves.  However, this conversation took a left turn.  The insinuation that Snider SHOULD move up and voluntarily play 6A was the main argument and it is still a ridiculous take, regardless of what the numbers say.  I truly get the whole "now that we are there, we have to embrace it" mentality but what else do you expect them to say?

Can they compete?  Most often, sure.  Should they have to?  A debate for another thread.

Opinion noted and respected. This would be a good stopping point for this thread. Thanks for your insight.