Hobart at New Prairie, 8 pm

Washington at Plymouth, 7 pm

NorthWood at St. Joseph, 7 pm

Riley at Wawasee, 7 pm

Jimtown at Fairfield, 7 pm

Clay at Glenn, 7 pm

Marian at West Noble, 7 pm

Bremen at Bishop Noll, 7:30 pm

Here are the games for the opening night of sectionals.  The Hobart/New Prairie game is the eye catcher here.  Off the filed the big news is the Adams QB Clark is now at Riley.  Seems like an odd time to switch schools

Hobart at New Prairie - Opening round championship game. By far the 2 best teams going at it, probably one of the most lopsided sectionals as the top 4 teams are on one side and bottom 4 all paired with one another (gotta love the blind draw). Hobart and NP are nearly identical on paper but I think the edge will go to the cougars as they are playing at home. Hobart surely has the beatdown NP gave them last year in the sectional final in the forefronts of their mind so motivation will be high for the Brickies. While the NP offense has been sputtering lately the defense has done a hell of job the last 4 weeks. Shutout against Adams. Held Riley in check, except for a 74 yard pass on the first play. Only gave up 15 points to a Penn team when the defense was on the field ALL NIGHT inside their own territory. And finally only gave up 6 to Elkhart last week; besides a 80 yard touchdown pass on the 2nd play of the game, elkhart only had 50 yards the rest of the evening. If the Cougar defense can keep playing like this they will be a tough out this post season regardless of their offense. 

Washington at Plymouth - 2-7 vs 2-7. eh, someone will survive another week. Would be nice to see the Panthers win for the NIC

NorthWood at St. Joseph - Has Northwood righted the ship? After some early stumbling the Panthers finished strong highlighted by a win over Mishawaka.  St. Joe limped into the sectionals but played some solid competition in that span. I think St. Joe is a better team than there 4-5 record indicated, and will be a tough game to open up with. But Panthers get it done here. Although St. Joe has a knack of entering sectionals under .500 then going on a deep post season run.

Riley at Wawasee - Is Wawasee the best 1-8 team out there? They have an argument; close loses to 9-0 Tippy valley and West Noble teams, along with playing Warsaw, Northridge, and Northwood all to the final minutes is pretty intriguing. While Riley is vying to be the darkhorse that could come away with the sectional 18 crown. Wildcats get by the warriors.

Jimtown at Fairfield - Jimmies could have their first losing season in....forever. This will be a close one

Clay at Glenn - Last football game in Clay history. Glad they got 3 wins in a row

Marian at West Noble - hhmmmm. Marian has played a killer schedule. West Noble is 9-0. I like the knights in here, they've been playing better and their schedule is top notch for a 3A. 

Bremen at Bishop Noll - Bremen rolls in the opening round

14 hours ago, ASJCPUMA said:

Here are the games for the opening night of sectionals.  The Hobart/New Prairie game is the eye catcher here.  Off the filed the big news is the Adams QB Clark is now at Riley.  Seems like an odd time to switch schools.

Seems far from odd once you know the circumstances surrounding it. What's odd is hiring a guy with 0 leadership skills to lead a team and it's starting to be rather noticeable......

Hobart at New Prairie, 8 pm: NP needs to find their offense again. This is going to be a tight one. Hobart played a schedule that had 4 5A schools on it. 

Washington at Plymouth, 7 pm: Both teams played and beat Calumet, Washington went to Calumet and beat them by a similar score that Plymouth beat Calumet by while playing at home. I expect this also to be a close game. 

NorthWood at St. Joseph, 7 pm: Sorry St. Joe, but I don't see you winning this game. 

Riley at Wawasee, 7 pm: Riley gets the road win, to set up a heck of a game against Northridge. 

Jimtown at Fairfield, 7 pm: Jimtown has had a rough year, but maybe they can steal one away from home. 

Clay at Glenn, 7 pm: Glenn gets their revenge for the JV squad, wins game by half. 

Marian at West Noble, 7 pm: 9-0 West Noble, appears to be solid on paper. But, it is hard to judge a conference I know nothing about. I hope Marian can pull out the upset off away from home. 

Bremen at Bishop Noll, 7:30 pm: Bremen has had an up and down year, but I think they get their job done and punch their ticket for one more week. 

20 hours ago, BuckLateral said:

There’s no way the Adam’s kid could be eligible to play right away….I can think of several situations in several sports where a transfer had to sit. 

If you take a step back and use logic, Adams and the state do not sign off if something is extremely terrible with the situation. This wasn't a kid who wasn't getting playing time or anything like that. So for him to up and leave and EVERYONE sign off, there has to be a lot to the story. Will we ever find out truth, that I don't know.

The only situation I can recall of instant eligibility was a family of accomplished wrestlers moving mid-season from one NLC school to another.  At the time, that was based upon a legitimate move of residence.  Has this situation such as the SB one happened before?  If so, I have never heard of it and it honestly sets a terrible precedent.

19 minutes ago, BuckLateral said:

The only situation I can recall of instant eligibility was a family of accomplished wrestlers moving mid-season from one NLC school to another.  At the time, that was based upon a legitimate move of residence.  Has this situation such as the SB one happened before?  If so, I have never heard of it and it honestly sets a terrible precedent.

oh lets be real legitimate move of residences. When you hear about certain programs having "ins" on rental properties under "someone's LLC". This isn't a case where a kid isn't playing and leaving. Why would a starting QB in one program leave to literally sit the bench for another, especially when the program he went to has a 3 year starter/NIC 1st team All-Conference last season. Not to mention the current starter is a junior.  Maybe some should of listened to the comments about the HC and his staff of Playstation Coaches that I made last season. We can go back and check those receipts too. Because they were spot on and most got #$## hurt, lol. One week you have a DC following officials out of the stadium and into the parking lot making threats over "Holding". Then a week or two later you have another coach making a more menacing threat to a certain players parent. Not hard to figure out who I'm referring to. If that doesn't fall under the hardship clause. Then what do we consider a hardship?

• Haha 1

Hobart at New Prairie - Well this did not turn out like I had thought going into it. NP gets a running clock for the second straight year against the brickies, Hobart was a combined 15-5 going into the games the last 2 years; not exactly roll-overs. Field conditions played a part as it was borderline mud bowl between the hashes. Good to see the offense get back in their groove and the defense again gives up an early TD but played phenomenal  the rest of the way.

Washington at Plymouth - Congrats to Washington picking up a come from behind win. Not easy when you haven't had the best year and staring at the end of your football season. 

NorthWood at St. Joseph - Looked like this was pretty competitive for a quarter and half and then NW just went on a role. Thought the final score would be a little bit more competitive. So the questions is: Is Northwood finally living up to their pre-season hype? I don't know but maybe they caught a break playing this week on a turf field instead of the natural grass of Andrews. 

Riley at Wawasee - Don't know how I feel about Riley this past season. Congrats on winning a conference title, but going out round 1 to a 1-8 team has to feel like you lost a lot of momentum for your program that was built through the first 9 weeks. Anybody know what Riley has coming back and what the future looks like?   

Jimtown at Fairfield - Jimtown, Jimtown, Jimtown 3-9 vs sanctioned teams and their best win is against a mediocre Bremen squad. First losing season since 1979. Buago boys have lost some luster lately; maybe getting back into the "NSC" is exactly what the doctor ordered the Jimmies. 

Clay at Glenn - Glad Clay could sneak out 3 victories this year. Crazy that just a little over a decade ago they were a competitive program. I mean what did South Bend think was going to happen when they were titled the "performing arts" school.

Marian at West Noble - Would of been a nice win for the Knights. Anyone have the details in this battle? seemed liked Marian was primed for an upset and then WN snuck it out in the end. 

Bremen at Bishop Noll - Not much to say about this one. Bremen should be fighting for their lives next week. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, npcougar15 said:

Marian at West Noble - Would of been a nice win for the Knights. Anyone have the details in this battle? seemed liked Marian was primed for an upset and then WN snuck it out in the end. 

SB Tribune had a live update last night on this game. Sounded like it was back and forth in the 4th and a turnover killed Marian's momentum. 

https://www.southbendtribune.com/story/sports/high-school/football/2023/10/20/live-updates-ihsaa-football-sectional-games-south-bend-area-paw-paw-niles-michigan/71196382007/