Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Temp's 5A Tournament Predictions

49 minutes ago, BTF said:

If Valpo is banged up like you say they are, they may have trouble getting past Merrillville. They barely did it last year healthy. 

Hate to speculate on North Side. See Komets post, he doesn't mince words.  

This is why I picked Merrillville with their 80 D1 players to beat Valpo

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am looking on Harrell's site under the Tournament chances tab....guess I am a little late to noticing this, but there are some surprise percentages in my opinion.

I am going to let you know, I am assuming the percentages are likelihood of making it to that specific point in the playoffs.

If that is the case, in 5A north:

Merrillville: State chances - 7.64%

Valpo: State chances - 16.57%

Mishawaka: State chances - 10.4%

Snider: State chances: 7.9%

A little surprised by these numbers, but Harrell does their homework, I heard Snider lost a key player to injury. It should be an interesting rematch....barring one falls flat before their game. 

20 minutes ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I am looking on Harrell's site under the Tournament chances tab....guess I am a little late to noticing this, but there are some surprise percentages in my opinion.

I am going to let you know, I am assuming the percentages are likelihood of making it to that specific point in the playoffs.

If that is the case, in 5A north:

Merrillville: State chances - 7.64%

Valpo: State chances - 16.57%

Mishawaka: State chances - 10.4%

Snider: State chances: 7.9%

A little surprised by these numbers, but Harrell does their homework, I heard Snider lost a key player to injury. It should be an interesting rematch....barring one falls flat before their game. 

I take those numbers with a grain of salt, especially when it comes to Snider. Their computer ratings will always be affected since they call off the dogs earlier than most, and run when they shouldn't be passing when playing inferior opponents. But I'll say it again................Merrillville and Valpo are good, Mishawaka is dangerous. The 5A championship is up for grabs. I watched the Panthers lay an egg against Homestead and the forementioned teams are better. 

29 minutes ago, BTF said:

I take those numbers with a grain of salt, especially when it comes to Snider. Their computer ratings will always be affected since they call off the dogs earlier than most, and run when they shouldn't be passing when playing inferior opponents. But I'll say it again................Merrillville and Valpo are good, Mishawaka is dangerous. The 5A championship is up for grabs. I watched the Panthers lay an egg against Homestead and the forementioned teams are better. 

Snider was up 41-0 last night against Anderson midway thru the 2nd quarter and pulled everyone. It was men vs boys when the starters were in. If Snider gets to state, they will have earned it with trips to Mishawaka and likely Valpo or Merrillville

Edited by Komets2727
  • Like 1

@BTF @Komets2727 You guys have seen so much more of Snider, than I have and appreciate your input on Fort Wayne schools. The beauty of HS football is if anyone lays an egg or does an epic face plant they can get beat on pretty much any given Friday night. 

My thoughts on Mishawaka, they can and will likely hurt themselves. They are one of the most talented Mishawaka teams I have seen take the football field, that is also including the Waka teams that won 4 straight against Penn. But, they still seem to posses the shoot themselves in the foot gene. 

If Snider plays a clean game, they should win that game....It will be tough given it will be at Steele Stadium, but it is a winnable game. 

1 hour ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

@BTF @Komets2727 You guys have seen so much more of Snider, than I have and appreciate your input on Fort Wayne schools. The beauty of HS football is if anyone lays an egg or does an epic face plant they can get beat on pretty much any given Friday night. 

My thoughts on Mishawaka, they can and will likely hurt themselves. They are one of the most talented Mishawaka teams I have seen take the football field, that is also including the Waka teams that won 4 straight against Penn. But, they still seem to posses the shoot themselves in the foot gene. 

If Snider plays a clean game, they should win that game....It will be tough given it will be at Steele Stadium, but it is a winnable game. 

In my opinion, it will be tougher to beat Mishawaka than Valpo or Merrillville, no disrespect meant

• 2 weeks later...