Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2019 Mid-State conference

I think the tiers this year will be:

Chances at winning conference- DC & Martinsville, Whiteland . 

Slight chance of upsetting top tier (6 wins)- Mooresville

3-4 wins- Greenwood, Plainfield

1-2 wins- Franklin, Perry

DC will control its own fate. They're known for losing games they shouldn't in conference play, but should handle the conference. 

I think the tiers this year will be:

Chances at winning conference- DC & Martinsville, Whiteland . 

Slight chance of upsetting top tier (6 wins)- Mooresville

3-4 wins- Greenwood, Plainfield

1-2 wins- Franklin, Perry

DC will control its own fate. They're known for losing games they shouldn't in conference play, but should handle the conference. 

I'm looking forward to Perry Meridian's 2nd year in the Mid-State. The Falcons should be improved. They have a strong Senior class and return the entire starting offensive line. They will have a first year starter at QB as there is currently a battle between a returning Junior and a Senior who hasn't played in a few years.  They put a lot of time and effort into weightlifting and conditioning this offseason so I'm hoping to see a stronger team with more endurance. Last year they were often competitive in the 1st half and then faded in the 2nd. In the past they have tried to play too many players both ways. Hopefully we will see a better rotation this year to keep everyone fresh.

The Falcons will be better this year, but I'm not sure how many wins that will translate into. I'm expecting a 4 or 5 win team. If they can beat Southport and finish above .500 I will consider this season a great success.

• Thanks 1

Martinsville with a sound victory over bnl and bhss topples castle ,  looks like this years game should be a good one. Martinsville beat south last regular season convincingly only to lose in ot in the sectional at south to end season. Any artesian fans left here? 

1 hour ago, MuleDriver said:

Martinsville with a sound victory over bnl and bhss topples castle ,  looks like this years game should be a good one. Martinsville beat south last regular season convincingly only to lose in ot in the sectional at south to end season. Any artesian fans left here? 

Hard to gauge Martinsville on that win, BNL is very very young and not very good at this point. They will improve Im sure. South I heard looked really good last night. 

21 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Hard to gauge Martinsville on that win, BNL is very very young and not very good at this point. They will improve Im sure. South I heard looked really good last night. 

The article i read said martinsville had a great scrimmage vs c east and their win over bnl was a carry over of sorts from their scrimmage . South over castle was hard to gauge in my opinion. I was impressed by castles ending at east last season. Heard they returned 20 starters. The two that didnt return must have been all americans because they didnt look good last night i am sure south had a little to do with it but it is only week 1 . 

1 hour ago, Olympian06 said:

This quote near the end of the article. "Martinsville might have a special unit. The Artesians shut down Columbus East in the preseason scrimmage, a catapult effect for this performance." http://www.wbiw.com/2019/08/24/artesians-drink-from-the-well-as-stars-drown-in-opener/

Are the artesians a threat for a 4a title? Did they really shut down c east in the scrimmage . Or was it a scrimmage the c east cared nothing about and martsinville went all out? 

22 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

This quote near the end of the article. "Martinsville might have a special unit. The Artesians shut down Columbus East in the preseason scrimmage, a catapult effect for this performance." http://www.wbiw.com/2019/08/24/artesians-drink-from-the-well-as-stars-drown-in-opener/

Are the artesians a threat for a 4a title? Did they really shut down c east in the scrimmage . Or was it a scrimmage the c east cared nothing about and martsinville went all out? 

East has never really put a ton into the scrimmage. From what I read on Twitter East and Martinsville both scored once in there 15 play drive/package or whatever the hell they call it lol 

8 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

The article i read said martinsville had a great scrimmage vs c east and their win over bnl was a carry over of sorts from their scrimmage . South over castle was hard to gauge in my opinion. I was impressed by castles ending at east last season. Heard they returned 20 starters. The two that didnt return must have been all americans because they didnt look good last night i am sure south had a little to do with it but it is only week 1 . 

Martinsville Scored 5 times to East scoring 2 times in the overall scrimmage. I get it, it's a scrimmage but I thought Martinsville did hang in there pretty well with the big orange machine. As for Bedford. Martinsville literally dropped 2 TD pass standing in the end zone with no pressure. The mercy rule clock started running early in the 3rd when it was 40-0. Coach pretty much played underclassmen 4th Qt. As for next week against B South I think it will be a reality check. Hoping for a great battle.

On 8/20/2019 at 3:00 PM, MuleDriver said:

Where are the mid state followers ? I know there are some DC  Whiteland and martinsville followers here.       Being a bhss panther alumn i follow martinsville a tad. Anyone? 

Side note, Mooresville has a monster O line and a nice size QB. look for them to be the team to beat in the Midstate

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Big Artie said:

Martinsville Scored 5 times to East scoring 2 times in the overall scrimmage. I get it, it's a scrimmage but I thought Martinsville did hang in there pretty well with the big orange machine. As for Bedford. Martinsville literally dropped 2 TD pass standing in the end zone with no pressure. The mercy rule clock started running early in the 3rd when it was 40-0. Coach pretty much played underclassmen 4th Qt. As for next week against B South I think it will be a reality check. Hoping for a great battle.

All I read was about the 15 play sets and it was 1-1, it very well could have went 5-2 for the entire scrimmage. East puts about 40% into a scrimmage, East has the track record of get better every week, and that’s all East is trying to do this year like every other year 🙂

Edited by Olympian06

• 2 months later...