Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Championships are they all equal

39 minutes ago, BTF said:

They're enrollment seems to be the same every year I look. 

Simple urban sprawl as you mentioned yesterday with Carroll, just at a slower rate.

What’s happening in the suburbs now is what happened to the county schools in the 80s.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Simple urban sprawl as you mentioned yesterday with Carroll, just at a slower rate.

What’s happening in the suburbs now is what happened to the county schools in the 80s.

So comparable to Homestead. Growing, but at a slower pace. I see Homestead picking up steam though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BTF said:

So comparable to Homestead. Growing, but at a slower pace. I see Homestead picking up steam though.

I think I see more housing going up in Huntertown.  I'm sure someone can look this up.

3 hours ago, Robert said:

I think I see more housing going up in Huntertown.  I'm sure someone can look this up.

No doubt. Carroll is the number one growing area. I've just seen Homestead pick up steam  recently and I see that trend continuing. It's hard to deny how nice Fort Wayne's southwest side is. After all, it's home to Indiana's wealthiest zip code. 

22 hours ago, BTF said:

It's impossible not to be relevant with their enrollment numbers. 

So explain North Central. They've been in the top 5-10 in enrollment in the state for years yet their football relevance, except for a brief time under George Pappas and Al Harants, has largely been not there past a season here or there. Certainly, they have one of the best athletic programs in the state. They've had success in almost every sport. They've had great coaches there like Mark Haste, Rick Streiff, Kevin O'Shea, etc. They've had supportive ADs and admin. I mean, Paul Loggan (RIP), is/was still one of the most respected football people of his time. It's more than enrollment, isn't it?

Edited by BDGiant93

24 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

So explain North Central. They've been in the top 5-10 in enrollment in the state for years yet their football relevance, except for a brief time under George Pappas and Al Harants, has largely been not there past a season here or there. Certainly, they have one of the best athletic programs in the state. They've had success in almost every sport. They've had great coaches there like Mark Haste, Rick Streiff, Kevin O'Shea, etc. They've had supportive ADs and admin. I mean, Paul Loggan (RIP), is/was still one of the most respected football people of his time. It's more than enrollment, isn't it?

For the last time, yes it’s more than enrollment, no one is claiming otherwise.  Washington Township is still one of the more affluent areas of Marion County and is still a power in many country club sports (tennis, swimming, cross country).

Their affluence lends itself to those sports at an early age.  Their basketball program has been top notch for 2+ decades and it has always seemed to me that their focus and consistency there (Doug Mitchell was a legend) allowed them to thrive on the hardwood.

I do remember speaking to some folks in the know during Mitchell’s tenure that claimed he was not a big multi-sport guy and discouraged his basketball players from playing football so there is also that.

5 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Yes. I think I've stated this 49 times now...................geeesh.

True or False:

An average coach at school with an enrollment of 4000 will beat a great coach at a school of 2000 enrollment 50% of the time. 

40 minutes ago, BTF said:

True or False:

An average coach at school with an enrollment of 4000 will beat a great coach at a school of 2000 enrollment 50% of the time. 

True, maybe higher.

Pretty much everyone wins at Warren, Carmel and BD.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2024 at 9:47 PM, BTF said:

No doubt. Carroll is the number one growing area. I've just seen Homestead pick up steam  recently and I see that trend continuing. It's hard to deny how nice Fort Wayne's southwest side is. After all, it's home to Indiana's wealthiest zip code. 

Zionsville's zip code?

21 minutes ago, Robert said:

Zionsville's zip code?

Zionsville appears to be number on currently. It's been a few years since I've researched this. 

• 2 weeks later...