Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosier Conference 2020

Well, time to start a new chapter.  I feel that the East will be a race between Western and TIpton for the top spot.  I will probably give the nod to Western.  They will be big again and Padgett is a beast.  Tipton will not be able to match up physically with the the 4a monster.  The bottom will be a fight between Cass and Northwestern.  HH will be the best of the rest. On the West half it will be a slugfest.  WL, LCC, and RC will all be very tough.  I think that WL will be down slightly from where they have been but still very strong.  LCC returning a ton of talent and RC has cats everywhere.  I am going to pick RC preseason.  TL is a mystery.  Competed with everyone but can't win games.  They lost to teams that I thought they would beat.  It seemed they played to the level of their competition, but they never got over the hump.  Maybe Coach Mannering will get them there next year.  I see BC improving and competing better.  They may get out of the bottom west next year.  I think the championship will stay in the East with Western winning in the crossover.  I'm sure there are other opinions out there.

• Like 1

Tipton folks stated they thought they were a year away with some of their youth on the field in the JR and SOPH classes.   

Western was hurt so hard by the injury bug thoughout the year, but with Erb's SR year, Padget being back, maybe #22, forgot his class, but he was very good before his injury, they will be a tough out for sure.

Folks around the water cooler talked about how many SR are now gone at Cass, so looks like a different team set to take the field for the Kings in 2020 as stated above.  

HH is always a question mark.  They looked good at times on film when I have seen them, but do not know much about them, maybe @gonzoron the lone Husky left can enlightened us.   I like their QB, but no idea how many skill / ol they lost this past year

Northwestern:  I like Coach Robison, trying to get guys to buy into toughness needed to compete in the Hoosier and beyond, going on his 2nd full year offseason now.  I would suspect improvement if buy in is there from Purple Tigers

WL:  The biggest question mark is how WL reloads on offense losing QB Adams, they will have dudes still, no doubt they will still be favored for the West until proven otherwise, but you could see a shift in how they attack in 2020 with whoever gets the nod at QB,  If its an athlete who throws just enough to keep you on your heels then their O will be just fine because sometimes they get that runner at QB who becomes a nightmare.  Adams could run to daylight so many times, but there was also dudes open all over the field to throw to a well.  Just an added dimension to Coach Fry's offense that hasn't been utilized primarily last few years with Adams arm back there.  

BC:   Really like how they run things under Coach Hammons, just need to get more bodies and keep the youth in the program until they are SRs and can really take off.  

TL:   Had a boat load of Seniors on both sides of the ball, but as stated, they seemed to find ways to not finish off offensive drives and could give up the big play at times, but they are very seasoned coaches and they are always a tough out each year, 2020 won't be any different. 

LCC:   Coming off another state title, their school's 8th, I am sure the expectation will remain.  They do lose a lot of key players, especially at the LB and DL spots, but they had some nice looking athletes in the Freshman class from the JV game I saw, so I am sure they will plug and play their way to another successful year. 

RCHS:   Our #1 RB should be fully recovered by time Summer hits, I know he is chomping at the bit that he missed his entire SOPH year due to his ACL that went out Wednesday of Week 1 practice week getting ready for KV.   We return 1000 yard Back in Wilmington, another WB that started to turn it on late in the season, another very talented soon to be JR WB kid.  Lots of options in the backfield.   QB injury this past season to Hickman, opened the door for soon to be JR, Drone, who stepped in and went 3-0 at QB, beating BC, NW and Tipton before Sectionals and Hickman got back.  He is a tall kid, still growing and really starting to take off as an athlete, looking forward to see him this winter on the Court.   Need to replace FB, 2 TEs and 2 OL on Offense, 2 MLB, a couple DL and 2 DBs but we had capable guys backing up SR this past year so just a manner of getting summer reps and dominating the off season weight room.   

1 hour ago, Punttheball said:

Well, time to start a new chapter.  I feel that the East will be a race between Western and TIpton for the top spot.  I will probably give the nod to Western.  They will be big again and Padgett is a beast.  Tipton will not be able to match up physically with the the 4a monster.  The bottom will be a fight between Cass and Northwestern.  HH will be the best of the rest. On the West half it will be a slugfest.  WL, LCC, and RC will all be very tough.  I think that WL will be down slightly from where they have been but still very strong.  LCC returning a ton of talent and RC has cats everywhere.  I am going to pick RC preseason.  TL is a mystery.  Competed with everyone but can't win games.  They lost to teams that I thought they would beat.  It seemed they played to the level of their competition, but they never got over the hump.  Maybe Coach Mannering will get them there next year.  I see BC improving and competing better.  They may get out of the bottom west next year.  I think the championship will stay in the East with Western winning in the crossover.  I'm sure there are other opinions out there.

Hate to say it but I think you are right about the Kings. I don't see a game on the schedule that they can win based on returning players. 

2 minutes ago, LCKfan4life said:

Hate to say it but I think you are right about the Kings. I don't see a game on the schedule that they can win based on returning players. 

Anything coming up from the younger classes to get excited about? Or is there going to be a major drop off?

46 minutes ago, Obi-Wan said:

Anything coming up from the younger classes to get excited about? Or is there going to be a major drop off?

There are three classes in a row of low numbers.  The senior class is the strongest of the three, but it has few difference making athletes.  It has a hand full of solid guys, but it will not be enough to make up for the weakness of the next two classes.  It is going to be a rough road to go.  

I agree with Punttheball. Western and Tipton should battle for the East title.

Western returns a lot especially offensively. OL should be really strong lead by Erb and they’ll have their QB Engle as well as their other weapons Padgett, Liddell and Jarvis to name a few. They do lose some really good players on defense though but should be fine.

Tipton will need to replace a couple kids on the OL but I expect to be stronger there next year. QB Sam Edwards returns as well as RB Jayvin Lyons as well as al the WR’s(Pearce, Powell, Edwards, Tolle and Gutierrez) and TE. Defense will need to replace a CB but pretty much everyone else is back. Should be one of the better LB corps we’ve ever had lead by Lyons and Servies. Obviously kids will need to put in the work in the offseason but next year could be a really special year. 

Heights loses a ton of skill kids but return both their talented QB’s. IMO they need to commit to one. I look for WR Tuma to be a breakout player for them. I think they’ll finish 3rd in the East.

Cass will be rebuilding and NW continuing to rebuild. RB Cardwell will be a player to watch the next 3 years for the Tigers.