Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2020 6A Thread

1 hour ago, DT said:

No comparison.  Portage has a strong football heritage and has been a long standing member of a blue blood conference for decades.

Perry has no football heritage, and has been dangling from CI for a decade before finally bolting, for the smaller Mid State

Comparison in terms of current state of the program?

Completely apt.  

No one cares about “heritage”.  It’s 2020.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

Comparison in terms of current state of the program?

Completely apt.  

No one cares about “heritage”.  It’s 2020.

I care about heritage, and so do many others on this site.  Speak for yourself.

1 hour ago, DT said:

No comparison.  Portage has a strong football heritage and has been a long standing member of a blue blood conference for decades.

Perry has no football heritage, and has been dangling from CI for a decade before finally bolting, for the smaller Mid State

In Perry’s defense, Conference Indiana is folding. It may not be a 6A conference for football but other sports I do think it works for. Conference Indiana will eventually be defunct. I look for a new conference to be formed around the metro area.  

1 minute ago, Indiana Fan said:

In Perry’s defense, Conference Indiana is folding. It may not be a 6A conference for football but other sports I do think it works for. Conference Indiana will eventually be defunct. I look for a new conference to be formed around the metro area.  

There will be no new conferences.  Conference Indiana will die.  Southport will join the Circle City.  Columbus North will be pursued by the Hoosier Crossroads and The Hoosier Hills.  Bloomington North and South will join the Hoosier Hills.  THN and THS will play a hybrid Indiana -Illinois schedule.  This is called Conference Contraction.  Weak conferences die.  Strong existing conferences expand and get stronger.  This is the new post Covid world we will live in.  

9 minutes ago, DT said:

There will be no new conferences.  Conference Indiana will die.  Southport will join the Circle City.  Columbus North will be pursued by the Hoosier Crossroads and The Hoosier Hills.  Bloomington North and South will join the Hoosier Hills.  THN and THS will play a hybrid Indiana -Illinois schedule.  This is called Conference Contraction.  Weak conferences die.  Strong existing conferences expand and get stronger.  This is the new post Covid world we will live in.  

How about this:

New conference with,

Decatur Central, Perry, Southport, Roncalli, Tech, New PAL, Columbus North, Franklin Central. 

Mid- state picks up Bloomington North and Bloomington South.

just for fun. Thoughts?

30 minutes ago, DT said:

I care about heritage, and so do many others on this site.  Speak for yourself.

Those that matter (the kids and coaches(ask Radke)) don’t give a damn about “heritage.”

Better?

27 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

How about this:

New conference with,

Decatur Central, Perry, Southport, Roncalli, Tech, New PAL, Columbus North, Franklin Central. 

Mid- state picks up Bloomington North and Bloomington South.

just for fun. Thoughts?

I dont really care about reading random thoughts about possible conference realignment.  Conference setups are strategic in nature and are very well thought out enterprises.

Lets take a look at your list :

Decatur Central - left the vast wilderness of CI and is now a solid contributing member in a very solid Mid State Conference.  Great schools.  LOw travel.  Excellent competition.  They have everything they want and need in a conference affiliation.

Perry Meridian - Somehow, PM convinced The Mid State that the Falcons would be a good addition.  It only happened because the MSC wanted an 8 school league.  They ve got it.  Perry should just keep quiet and give thanks that they landed in such a great place.  

Southport - The Cards have built a nice rapport with the Indy Catholics.   They manuever back and forth between public and private school competition as well as any school in Indy.  They will land on their feet when CI finally dissolves.

Roncalli - after years of chasing after public school conference affiliation, Roncalli has retreated back to its parochial roots.  The rise of Brebeuf and Guerin has given the Rebs two more solid regular season games.  They will stay put in The Circle City, and likely welcome their friends from Southport in the near future.

Tech - I have said it before, I believe Tech's future will be in The MIC.  When there are no more Indy publics left to play sports for, Tech will be the sports magnet and they will be formidable, assuming they get the right coaching and admin support required.

New Pal - The Dragons are a victim of their own success.  Theyve played themselves out of the HHC.  Is that a permanent thing?   I could see them pursuing membership  in The Mid State.   

Columbus North - CN is a crown jewel.  They are in purgatory right now in CI.  I see the HCC expanding to 10 schools, and CN will certainly get an invite when that happens, along with Center Grove.

Franklin Central - like PM, FC woke up one day in heaven and found itself in The HCC.  They should guard and protect that affiliation likke their lives depended on it.  

Edited by DT

6 minutes ago, DT said:

I dont really care about reading random thoughts about possible conference realignment.  Conference setups are strategic in nature and are very well thought out enterprises.

Decatur Central - left the vast wilderness of CI and is now a solid contributing member in a very solid Mid State Conference.  Great schools.  LOw travel.  Excellent competition.  They have everything they want and need in a conference affiliation.

Perry Meridian - Somehow, PM convinced The Mid State that the Falcons would be a good addition.  It only happened because the MSC wanted an 8 school league.  They ve got it.  Perry should just keep quiet and give thanks that they landed in such a great place.  

Southport - The Cards have built a nice rapport with the Indy Catholics.   They manuever back and forth between public and private school competition as well as any school in Indy.  They will land on their feet when CI finally dissolves.

Roncalli - after years of chasing after public school conference affiliation, Roncalli has retreated back to its parochial roots.  The rise of Brebeuf and Guerin has given the Rebs two more solid regular season games.  They will stay put in The Circle City, and likely welcome their friends from Southport in the near future.

Tech - I have said it before, I believe Tech's future will be in The MIC.  When there are no more Indy publics left to play sports for, Tech will be the sports magnet and they will be formidable, assuming they get the right coaching and admin support required.

New Pal - The Dragons are a victim of their own success.  I could see them replacing Shelbyville in The Mid State.  I think that would be best for all 3 entities involved.  

Columbus North - CN is a crown jewel.  They are in purgatory right now in CI.  I see the HCC expanding to 10 schools, and CN will certainly get an invite when that happens, along with Center Grove.

Franklin Central - like PM, FC woke up one day in heaven and found itself in The HCC.  They should guard and protect that affiliation likke their lives depended on it.  

LOL @ CN to the HCC.  Just speaking for football alone, those rush hour drives to every school not named Franklin Central are 75 minutes MINIMUM on a bus.

In this day and age of transportation budgets, that’d be a no way.

40 minutes ago, DT said:

New Pal - The Dragons are a victim of their own success.  Theyve played themselves out of the HHC.  Is that a permanent thing?   I could see them pursuing membership  in The Mid State.   

It was only just for fun.

however there is absolutely no way Columbus North joins the HCC. Does not make sense at all. And never will Tech join a conference like the MIC. School fluctuates sizes too much.

It was only just for fun.

however there is absolutely no way Columbus North joins the HCC. Does not make sense at all. And never will Tech join a conference like the MIC. School fluctuates sizes too much.

Never is a very long time.  All conferences experience change.  Its one thing you can count on.  

In my view, the addition of Franklin Central opened up a path to southern expansion for the HCC.  You migt even see pressure on Whiteland and Franklin to seek a new home as they eventually outgrow the Mid State.

I could potentially see a 12 team HCC with a North -South alignment :

North

Fishers/Zionsville/Westfield/Brownsburg/Noblesville/HSE

South

Avon/Center Grove/Franklin/Franklin Central/Whiteland/Columbus North

29 minutes ago, DT said:

Never is a very long time.  All conferences experience change.  Its one thing you can count on.  

In my view, the addition of Franklin Central opened up a path to southern expansion for the HCC.  You migt even see pressure on Whiteland and Franklin to seek a new home as they eventually outgrow the Mid State.

North

South

Expansion to Wanamaker and expansion to Columbus are two completely different ball games.

29 minutes ago, DT said:

North

South

I have a hard time seeing that. Whiteland and Franklin are fine where they are. It would be really hard to ask schools to make that drive to Columbus or vise versa. Think about Columbus to Westfield or Zionsville. Baseball, softball, tennis, volleyball matches in the middle of the week would not be fun

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

I have a hard time seeing that. Whiteland and Franklin are fine where they are. It would be really hard to ask schools to make that drive to Columbus or vise versa. Think about Columbus to Westfield or Zionsville. Baseball, softball, tennis, volleyball matches in the middle of the week would not be fun

I dont understand the angst over travel to Columbus.  Its very easy just off 65.  Did the Lafayette schools get kicked out of the HCC over travel issues over competitive issues?

3 minutes ago, DT said:

I dont understand the angst over travel to Columbus.  Its very easy just off 65.  Did the Lafayette schools get kicked out of the HCC over travel issues over competitive issues?

Easy off 65 from Franklin Township...every other school has to navigate 465 (many from the complete opposite cardinal direction) before even getting to 65...during rush hour I might add.

65 is the easy part.

Edited by Guest

17 hours ago, Temptation said:

Easy off 65 from Franklin Township...every other school has to navigate 465 (many from the complete opposite cardinal direction) before even getting to 65...during rush hour I might add.

65 is the easy part.

The conference is great the way it is now. The schools and travel are all similar. Franklin Central is the outlier, but the size of the school makes it work.

• Like 1

The conference is great the way it is now. The schools and travel are all similar. Franklin Central is the outlier, but the size of the school makes it work.

Plus Franklin Central is the only Marion County public school still experiencing significant growth, just like its HCC counterparts.

16 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Plus Franklin Central is the only Marion County public school still experiencing significant growth, just like its HCC counterparts.

Good point. The other township schools have pretty much maxed out on their numbers.

All other HCC member schools are continuing to grow rapidly. 

HSE, Fishers, Avon, Brownsburg are really growing into large schools.

Noblesville is over 3,000 students. Not sure how fast they are growing anymore, but it’s a big school.

Westfield and Zionsville are the smallest schools in the conference, but enrollment numbers are rising significantly at a fast rate.

5 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Good point. The other township schools have pretty much maxed out on their numbers.

All other HCC member schools are continuing to grow rapidly. 

HSE, Fishers, Avon, Brownsburg are really growing into large schools.

Noblesville is over 3,000 students. Not sure how fast they are growing anymore, but it’s a big school.

Westfield and Zionsville are the smallest schools in the conference, but enrollment numbers are rising significantly at a fast rate.

Spring housing starts in the doughnut counties for the spring period ranked Westfield #1, Fishers #2 and Avon #3.

On 6/18/2020 at 8:51 AM, Indiana Fan said:

Would you turn down Center Grove if they applied for membership?

4 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

I would not turn them down no. I’m just simply stating what they have is solid.

So if you accepted CG into the conference , which of the following options would you choose ?

1. Stand pat with 9 schools

2. Ask a school to leave so as to remain at 8

3. Look for a 10 th member to join with CG

13 minutes ago, DT said:

So if you accepted CG into the conference , which of the following options would you choose ?

1. Stand pat with 9 schools

2. Ask a school to leave so as to remain at 8

3. Look for a 10 th member to join with CG

9. Still leaves a non conference football game. However, I would like to see Carmel join that conference and take out Franklin Central

24 minutes ago, Indiana Fan said:

9. Still leaves a non conference football game. However, I would like to see Carmel join that conference and take out Franklin Central

Carmel is just too big.  They have twice the enrollment of CG.

I think the ideal expansion schools for The HCC are Center Grove and Lawrence North.  The schools are current natural rivals and are similar in size and fit the HCC enrollment and socio economic footprint

I also believe it would be beneficial for the Lawrence schools to separate. 

24 minutes ago, DT said:

Carmel is just too big.  They have twice the enrollment of CG.

I think the ideal expansion schools for The HCC are Center Grove and Lawrence North.  The schools are current natural rivals and are similar in size and fit the HCC enrollment and socio economic footprint

I also believe it would be beneficial for the Lawrence schools to separate. 

Carmel is big for everyone. Fishers and HSE are big as well. 

probably getting way too deep into this because it is what it is and I think the conferences do a good job right now. I’m just someone who believes conferences should be based more off of geography. With still the thought of size of school. I think there are multiple ways you could divide up the Indy metro schools for closer drives and varying up competitive play.