Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

MAC Football

TheStatGuy

While the MAC has canceled its fall season due to health and safety, there were also financial concerns as the conference was hit hard by the Big Ten's decision to play conference-only games this season. There were 11 Big Ten vs. MAC nonconference games scheduled in 2020 with payouts to MAC schools set to approach nearly $11 million in those games alone. Games against other Power Five schools were also canceled, leaving just five "money" games for the entire league.

Many athletic departments count on those big-money games against Power Five opponents to cover operating costs each season. Additionally, private COVID-19 testing is expensive and even abiding by the minimum standard of one test per week could cost programs significant sums of money over the course of a season.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/mac-becomes-first-fbs-conference-to-cancel-2020-college-football-season-for-the-fall/

On 8/8/2020 at 11:35 AM, TheStatGuy said:

Cancelled. 

https://fox8.com/news/lakewood-city-schools-reversing-its-decision-to-suspend-fall-sports-extracurricular-activities/

If you posted stories like these along with all of yours “cancelled” posts, we might not say you are cheering for the season to be cancelled.  As it is, you don’t.  That’s how I know you want it to be cancelled.  Anyone who legitimately wants a season is trying to find ways to have one, won’t even consider the thought of not having a season and would only post positive stories to try and get more positive energy.  Whereas, you only post negative stories and argue for why we should t or can’t ha e a season. 

• Like 2
  • Disdain 1

2 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

https://fox8.com/news/lakewood-city-schools-reversing-its-decision-to-suspend-fall-sports-extracurricular-activities/

If you posted stories like these along with all of yours “cancelled” posts, we might not say you are cheering for the season to be cancelled.  As it is, you don’t.  That’s how I know you want it to be cancelled.  Anyone who legitimately wants a season is trying to find ways to have one, won’t even consider the thought of not having a season and would only post positive stories to try and get more positive energy.  Whereas, you only post negative stories and argue for why we should t or can’t ha e a season. 

Easy now.  He can’t be rooting for them to be cancelled, because then there would be no stats to keep and his free t-shirt, popcorn and soda train would dry up.

5 hours ago, Temptation said:

Easy now.  He can’t be rooting for them to be cancelled, because then there would be no stats to keep and his free t-shirt, popcorn and soda train would dry up.

I don't do stats for football. I never got "free food" for doing stats in bball. 

18 hours ago, OldschoolFB said:

Boy you couldn’t wait to get that on here.  Did you have your poms out when you typed it?

Yawn. 

6 hours ago, gonzoron said:
6 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Hello Pot? Meet Kettle... Keepsake Box by It's time to get Geekish! -  CafePress

If you can point out a single instance where I have posted a news story or a comment that is negative in relation to all of us having a full and successful HS football season, I will ask to be banned from the GID.  What I HAVE done is tried to get a few people to understand it’s more productive to try and find solutions and find some way to get the season in.  Constantly pointing out people who have cancelled is only going to allow the cancel the season crowd to gain momentum.  I’ve said it before, this board is here to help promote HS football and talk positively about it.  When someone comes on here only to say,    no way there is a season over and over and over..... it bothers me.  ALOT.  We all already know the season is in danger of not happening. We don’t want it to and are trying to find scenarios where it could. 
So please stop coming on here and do the equivalent of peeing down all of our backs and then When we question you, you tell us not to worry, it’s just a little rain.   Capish ?

Wonder if we will see some permanent football contraction in THe MAC.  UCONN is likley to drop football after cancelling the season.  The gap between the Power 5 schools and MAC level football is very likley to grow even wider, making games between the  two conferences unlikley in the future.

I would not be at all surprised if one year from now, you have 10 to 15% fewer schools playing football at the combined university, college and high school levels.