Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC 2020 Thread

4 hours ago, Reb08 said:

Have read some things from Franklin Co. Administration.  They were none too impressed with how the situation was handled.  I'll leave it at that.

Dang.  Who made the call...the HOF coach or the AD?  I call bs on the Wolfs for all of this.  I thought they expected better of themselves??

1. How will SV and their roster of D1 talent compete against the single wing and large OL of  NV? 
2.  With a limited roster, can Attica continue to find ways to score points? 
3.  Will RP get a chance to play a game after the rescheduled Benton Central game was canceled? 
4. How will Covington and their new coach respond this week with with a game against PH?  
5. Will PH’s offense score like the 2019 team?   Do they have the size to stop some of the more physical teams later on in their schedule?  ($5 bet they don’t reschedule Seeger.  Anyone?) 

1 hour ago, WRCNFL333 said:

1. How will SV and their roster of D1 talent compete against the single wing and large OL of  NV? 
3.  Will RP get a chance to play a game after the rescheduled Benton Central game was canceled? 
4. How will Covington and their new coach respond this week with with a game against PH?  
5. Will PH’s offense score like the 2019 team?   Do they have the size to stop some of the more physical teams later on in their schedule?  ($5 bet they don’t reschedule Seeger.  Anyone?) 

I think SV handles NV very well. I don't think it'll be close. But it's a rivalry game so who knows. 

Covington and PH is intriguing. We haven't seen PH yet. I haven't seen Covington but sounds like they struggled against a really good SV team. I think PH wins but i don't think it'll be 48-6.

1 hour ago, WRCNFL333 said:

SV 58, NV 6....too much talent in southern Vermillion County.  They are gunning for a 2a state title.

TC 24, Attica 16...Ramblers will continue to fight and compete until they get down under 11 players.  Tough kids.

RP Navy 42, RP Burgandy 6....Panthers can claim their 1st dub of the season winning their intrasquad scrimmage game.

PH 60, Covington 0...Wolfs rested up last week and didn’t get anyone hurt and didn’t take a loss.  They will be ready to flex their muscle against an inferior team.  

**Wouldnt it be impossible (unless both teams get a cancellation on the same week) for Seeger and the Wolfs to make their game up????

1.  I watched the SV/Covington game.  There is talent in S. Vermillion county.  I don’t believe there is any D1 talent as some would suggest on this page, but it’s as much talent as Barrett has had during his time there.   Before they gun for a state title, they better set their eyes on winning a sectional game or two first.   And pray they don’t draw Western Boone early.    If NV is as big upfront as many say, SV will have a hard time stopping their run as they had some issues early defending Covington’s heavy package.  

2.  Attica scored on two kick returns and one long pass after an onside kick recovery.   Can they sustain drives and score like the old Coach Good teams in the past with limited skill and lack of line play? 

3.  RP will get 3-5 wins this year simply due to better talent and a conference that’s rolled over in skill for many teams.  If,......they get games scheduled and stay out of trouble. 

4.  PH “rested” or canceled the game after their coach found out they were traveling to a 3A school that the AD scheduled.   They will be an intriguing team to watch and unlike many Moore teams, this group will rely on 1-2 players.   It will be interesting to see how the health of 1-2 guys can impact them.  

(and yes, you are correct   But I’ll hold to my $5 bet and still believe that is the God’s align the schools to play with an opening in the schedule for both, PH still declines the game.  Seeger is too big and too physical to play if it’s not required) 

Week 2.  Let’s go!!  

Edited by WRCNFL333
Grammar.

On 8/23/2020 at 1:18 PM, wvigo13 said:
Friday, Aug. 28
Attica at Tri-County, 7 pm
Covington at Parke Heritage Š, 7 pm
Seeger at Benton Central, 7 pm

South Vermillion at North Vermillion Š, 7 pm

Let's get some predictions for week 2!

I went 1-1 last week in the WRC.

My picks for this week. 

tri county 21-12

PH 66-7  let’s see how the young quarterback plays

Seeger. 28-13.  Seeger should be ready to play

SV  28-17. Heard Nv was with out some players last week. Not sure if that’s true or not, but if so is everyone back now? 

Attica 24 - Tri-County - 13.  The Ramblers continue to run the same offense and defense from past seasons.   Familiarity helps the young Attica team beat a bad non-conference opponent. 

PH 52 - Covington 13 The HOFer runs up the score on an inferior opponent.  Because,...well... why wouldn’t you continue throwing your 23rd middle screen of the game while up 40 in the 3rd quarter.    The Trojans played hard last week but the new offense and virtual reality QB software won’t help much in this game 

Seeger - The fighting Herbies caught the ‘rona bug in their school and were shut down again this week.  

SV 24  NV 14.  The South Vermillion D1’s push the Falcons to their second straight loss.  The Falcons haven’t lost two straight since the split back veer was popular.   

RP -  Still undefeated and searching for a game. I bet their coach would play anyone at this point.  He’d probably even travel to Franklin County to play a game.   

Whats the “real” story? Thought I read on another thread that the AD accepted the game before discussing with the coach. Not sure if that’s what happened. But doubt if you hear any more about it. 

maybe to get some different conversation going. You always have one game that you mark special on the calendar. Who do you think that game is for each school? I’m just assuming on these.

SV   NV  county rivals

NV  PH no love loss between these two

RP  Attica/FC  best chance for a win

Seeger  PH (Not happing this year) but king would like to beat his old school

FC  Covington rival between the two. 

Attica  ? 

PH.  SV.  Who doesn’t want to play against D1 talent to see what you have.

Covington  FC/Attica

53 minutes ago, Oldschoolfan said:

Whats the “real” story? Thought I read on another thread that the AD accepted the game before discussing with the coach. Not sure if that’s what happened. But doubt if you hear any more about it. 

maybe to get some different conversation going. You always have one game that you mark special on the calendar. Who do you think that game is for each school? I’m just assuming on these.

SV   NV  county rivals

NV  PH no love loss between these two

RP  Attica/FC  best chance for a win

Seeger  PH (Not happing this year) but king would like to beat his old school

FC  Covington rival between the two. 

Attica  ? 

PH.  SV.  Who doesn’t want to play against D1 talent to see what you have.

Covington  FC/Attica

The real story I was told is that Parke Heritage agreed to the game with Franklin County. The teams then traded film to prepare for the game that night.  The next morning Coach Moore decided that his team was out manned and someone could get injured, so he told his AD that they didn't want to play.  This had nothing to do with COVID or driving distance and everything to do with Moore not wanting to lose.  Sad that he took away an opportunity for the PH kids to play during all this uncertainty of playing a season.