Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC 2020 Thread

Before we move on to football conversation, if it is confirmed that PH canceled for this reason, then will they be canceling any games in the future in which they “out man” the other team.   Truly, if the health, safety and injuries are the reason for canceling, then I’m sure the same though process goes into the wellness of lesser and inferior teams on their schedule, right?     This is actually a fun conversation because a little Max Preps research would show the Franklin County football isn’t a top tier program.  They just aren’t North Central, Eastern Green, Covington, RP, FC and Cloverdale....  😕

In regards big games and rivals, I think this weekend’s NV/SV game will tell us a lot about how the conference could play out this year.  

Also, I think the sleeper team or one that many don’t know about is Seeger.  Unfortunately, they most likely won’t play PH and play in the Western Boone sectional, along with SV.   

7 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

I don't expect the NV/SV game to be close. Garzolini throws for a bunch and Anthonio rushes for 200+.  Given the fact NV gave up 28 to Owen Valley, expect SV to put up at least 40.  

Was NV with out players last week? Just what I heard. Not sure if it was true or not. If so did that make a difference in the game? Last few years Owen valley has struggled, unless they really turned it around this year I can’t believe NV struggled that much with a full roster! 

33 minutes ago, Oldschoolfan said:

Was NV with out players last week? Just what I heard. Not sure if it was true or not. If so did that make a difference in the game? Last few years Owen valley has struggled, unless they really turned it around this year I can’t believe NV struggled that much with a full roster! 

I have no idea who played or didnt play, I dont follow NV that closely.  I just know if you cant stop Owen Valley, it will be very difficult to stop SV!

27 minutes ago, WRCNFL333 said:

Before we move on to football conversation, if it is confirmed that PH canceled for this reason, then will they be canceling any games in the future in which they “out man” the other team.   Truly, if the health, safety and injuries are the reason for canceling, then I’m sure the same though process goes into the wellness of lesser and inferior teams on their schedule, right?     This is actually a fun conversation because a little Max Preps research would show the Franklin County football isn’t a top tier program.  They just aren’t North Central, Eastern Green, Covington, RP, FC and Cloverdale....  😕

In regards big games and rivals, I think this weekend’s NV/SV game will tell us a lot about how the conference could play out this year.  

Also, I think the sleeper team or one that many don’t know about is Seeger.  Unfortunately, they most likely won’t play PH and play in the Western Boone sectional, along with SV.   

Not sure what other games PH will cancel. I would assume they will play everyone except Seeger, NV, and SV. 

in all seriousness any ticket restrictions that anyone knows of this weekend? Thought about going to the noblesville @ Th south game but heard visiting fans are getting one ticket per player. 

7 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

I have no idea who played or didnt play, I dont follow NV that closely.  I just know if you cant stop Owen Valley, it will be very difficult to stop SV!

I agree. I heard one player may of been the quarterback. I was more so wondering if that was what happened to the offense. 

1 minute ago, Oldschoolfan said:

I agree. I heard one player may of been the quarterback. I was more so wondering if that was what happened to the offense. 

It would make sense. Owen Valley is not good. They haven't been in a few years. If not, could be a long year for North Vermillion.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wvigo13 said:

It would make sense. Owen Valley is not good. They haven't been in a few years. If not, could be a long year for North Vermillion.

I’m not sure who wasn’t playing, but from the pics and video I saw, they were running the single wing offense.   In full context, I don’t know what the score was or the situations either but they’ve ran it in the past and from what I know, they have the players and size to be successful at ground and pound this year.  

37 minutes ago, CheapSeats said:

With all that D1 talent, will anyone be able to stop them?  The big fish in the small WRC pond has only won one sectional game since 2010.  The pressure is on at SV.  

I'm a little late to this shin-dig, but glad to be here. Love reading the content, but never bothered to actually get on and post. 2020 has changed a lot of things, I guess.

Any ways, My take on each team in the WRC ...

Attica - After this season they make that fella DT's contraction list. Gonna be a rough one for the Red Ramblers. Although this week looks promising. 

Covington - I like where this young coach is going with the Trojans. Too bad they had to play the University of Southern Vermillion their first night out. 

Fountain Central - Read Attica comment. Same applies to the Mustangs. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Very lucky the Covid spared them from Southmont and their trip to Mecca. Both could have been South Put/ Cloverdale ugly...

North Vermillion - The Owen Valley result was what I expected. Whether everyone was playing or not. See comments about Attica and Fountain Central above. There are not going to be very many sponsored touchdowns in Falcon country this year. 

Parke Heritage - It's a shame, if what I'm hearing is true, that the Wolves were afraid to take their show on the road against a bigger school. Although, I doubt that from a HOF coach. He runs a tight ship 365 days a year and on Sundays. Must be saving it for the Wildcats. I really like how the Wolves play that spread offense. Taking advantage of all their athletes. 

Riverton Parke - When will the poor Panthers get to play??? Looks like they might have to wait until week 3 at South Vermillion. Tough game to start out with. Of course, with all this time to prep they could be fine tuning a sleeping giant. Look out WRC. Or Not. I did hear somewhere that their coaches look good in Under Armour shirts. 

Seeger - My team to beat in the WRC. Coach Herb has got himself a fine football team. But when will the Patriots get to pound on people? This week hopefully. Dang Covid. 

South Vermillion - Or did I save the best for last? Coach Barrett and his fabulous hair/ visor combination may finally be on the verge of what no one in charge of the Wildcats has ever done.... win the WRC! (I think, WRC historians you can fact check me on that.) A team that sized is blessed to have just one D1 athlete, let alone two! I've heard musing of a state title run in Clinton.

2 hours ago, Bear54 said:

I'm a little late to this shin-dig, but glad to be here. Love reading the content, but never bothered to actually get on and post. 2020 has changed a lot of things, I guess.

Any ways, My take on each team in the WRC ...

Attica - After this season they make that fella DT's contraction list. Gonna be a rough one for the Red Ramblers. Although this week looks promising. 

Covington - I like where this young coach is going with the Trojans. Too bad they had to play the University of Southern Vermillion their first night out. 

Fountain Central - Read Attica comment. Same applies to the Mustangs. Oh how the mighty have fallen. Very lucky the Covid spared them from Southmont and their trip to Mecca. Both could have been South Put/ Cloverdale ugly...

North Vermillion - The Owen Valley result was what I expected. Whether everyone was playing or not. See comments about Attica and Fountain Central above. There are not going to be very many sponsored touchdowns in Falcon country this year. 

Parke Heritage - It's a shame, if what I'm hearing is true, that the Wolves were afraid to take their show on the road against a bigger school. Although, I doubt that from a HOF coach. He runs a tight ship 365 days a year and on Sundays. Must be saving it for the Wildcats. I really like how the Wolves play that spread offense. Taking advantage of all their athletes. 

Riverton Parke - When will the poor Panthers get to play??? Looks like they might have to wait until week 3 at South Vermillion. Tough game to start out with. Of course, with all this time to prep they could be fine tuning a sleeping giant. Look out WRC. Or Not. I did hear somewhere that their coaches look good in Under Armour shirts. 

Seeger - My team to beat in the WRC. Coach Herb has got himself a fine football team. But when will the Patriots get to pound on people? This week hopefully. Dang Covid. 

South Vermillion - Or did I save the best for last? Coach Barrett and his fabulous hair/ visor combination may finally be on the verge of what no one in charge of the Wildcats has ever done.... win the WRC! (I think, WRC historians you can fact check me on that.) A team that sized is blessed to have just one D1 athlete, let alone two! I've heard musing of a state title run in Clinton.

Nice. I enjoyed reading that. I said before the season, Seeger could be a dark horse this year. Covington is up and coming with their new coach. WRC is in good hands.