Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern @ Columbus North

On 8/19/2020 at 11:11 AM, Patriot 74 said:

I think GS thumps Columbus North!!  Being 6A does not equate to a good football team, and GS is much better than good.  AND someone please make GS vs Lburg happen week 2 at the Jewel.  Get Ol' Stinky Clown out of Stinky Town.  Show him some real southern Indiana hospitality.  That match up would be fantastic. 

The problem is, they are 6A, and they are a good football team. 

Columbus North - 41

Gibson Southern - 0

8:05 3rd Q

Running Clock has began. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

The problem is, they are 6A, and they are a good football team. 

Columbus North - 41

Gibson Southern - 0

8:05 3rd Q

Running Clock has began. 

Yep but we knew what we signed up for. 

im impressed that we had 0 turnovers.

Brady finished with 20-37 for 202 and a score. Radio call sounded like he was on point throwing the ball and only a few close calls with defenders, just a few in and out of the hands 

I think everyone at GS knows the uphill battles we face this year and gotta believe that for the most part we are content coming out with I believe no injuries and having played a pretty clean game. 

on to Whiteland! 

1 minute ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Yep but we knew what we signed up for. 

im impressed that we had 0 turnovers.

Brady finished with 20-37 for 202 and a score. Radio call sounded like he was on point throwing the ball and only a few close calls with defenders, just a few in and out of the hands 

I think everyone at GS knows the uphill battles we face this year and gotta believe that for the most part we are content coming out with I believe no injuries and having played a pretty clean game. 

on to Whiteland! 

Whiteland defeated us this evening. CE was very sloppy tonight... roughing the kicker on a FG attempt inside the 10 gave Whiteland a TD, and a shanked punt to start the game off gave Whiteland a TD that they had to move the ball about 30 yards total.. Not going to beat many good teams when you gift 14 points to a quality team as them. 

Good Luck and it’s awesome to see GS playing up. 

• Like 1

We couldn't match Columbus Norths speed and they are a very good team.  I can't imagine what the top team in 6A looks like.  Brady did a good job, was hurried a few times and took one sack.  One very bright spot moving forward was the play of freshman Sean Delong, he was not intimidated my his surroundings and should have made a strong case for lots of playing time.  Its not going to be any easier next week.      

Edited by GS Titan 78
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, GS Titan 78 said:

We couldn't match Columbus Norths speed and they are a very good team.  I can't imagine what the top team in 6A looks like.  Brady did a good job, was hurried a few times and took one sack.  One very bright spot moving forward was the play of freshman Sean Delong, he was not intimidated my his surroundings and should have made a strong case for lots of playing time.  Its not going to be any easier next week.      

Yeah I hope you guys are prepared for jet sweeps and a lot of misdirection. 

Edited by Frozen Tundra
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Yeah I hope you guys are prepared for jet sweeps and a lot of misdirection. 

Haha. At this point in this season? Probably not. But the team has faced a lot of that the past few years so I’m sure we got something for it. 

Facing Wing T, Flexbone, Wishbone, and any other variation...it’s definitely one of those things where experience vs those offenses is important.