Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 7

1 hour ago, Football Fanatic said:

However, in 2-3 years I would not be shocked if they're the best team in the city.

If Hurley can find a QB, I like my Tigers’ chances to be competing for that title.

Between DL and OL, I think we have 5 sophomores starting or getting significant reps.  And they’ve been holding their own, even in the 3 games we’ve lost.  Several other sophs in skill positions playing too.  Leo Collins has emerged as a weapon at receiver.  And I think he’s already about 6’3”.

Probably the best player in the class (DC Ben Johnson’s son Carac) is out for the season with a PCL.  Hopefully he’ll be fully recovered next season.

I’m keeping an eye on Matthew Fisher, the 8th grade QB this year.  He’s old enough to be a freshman now.  He’s already about 6’1” or so.  Strong arm, terrific athlete.  I’m guessing the plan is to move Russell to QB next year.  But I wouldn’t totally discount the possibility of Fisher starting as a freshman.

Just now, Football Fanatic said:

I think North and Castle will be very solid in 2-3 years as well.

I'll take MD over all of them. Current sophomore class was undefeated and not really challenged as 8th graders and freshman. Starting quarterback, running back, center and safety are sophomores and several others playing varsity as well. Sounds like the next few years in the SIAC are going to be fun. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Spitting Llamas said:

I'll take MD over all of them. Current sophomore class was undefeated and not really challenged as 8th graders and freshman. Starting quarterback, running back, center and safety are sophomores and several others playing varsity as well. Sounds like the next few years in the SIAC are going to be fun. 

Reitz freshman play MD freshmen this week so we will have a better sense of how each team will be in 2-3 years. But yeah I would say there will be 4-5 top tier teams in the SIAC by then.