Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Southwestern Indiana Top 10 Power Rankings - Week 8 - 2020

14 hours ago, HereComesTheBoom said:

Careful 04, the Patriot in you is really showing up here!  Ha!  

I was 3-0 against Jasper from 2001-2003. My debts are paid and I'm an active member of HH QB Club, even if I'm not there to play in the golf scramble, I donated a brick to building the wall, which I hope to see if I'm able to visit home for the holidays this year as I plan. Jon got the idea for the bricks in part due to Dad helping fund the Santa statue in front of town hall with customized pavers 15 or so years ago... I already owe Dave a Patriot Dog and an Diet Mt Dew at a basketball game; I hope to see you and others like Crewsy and BCaster if HH has a game (hopefully at home) around the holiday break.

Back to the SIAC, and I might start a thread about this, should a conference champion that didn't play all the teams in the conference get an asterisk in the record book -- for example if Castle wins a share of the SIAC, they never played Bosse and that game was recorded as a "did not play" not as a "Bosse forfeit" as I understand it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Back to the SIAC, and I might start a thread about this, should a conference champion that didn't play all the teams in the conference get an asterisk in the record book -- for example if Castle wins a share of the SIAC, they never played Bosse and that game was recorded as a "did not play" not as a "Bosse forfeit" as I understand it?

I don't think Castle can tie for SIAC champion because the win total would be less.  Also, if we're being accurate it would be "Castle forfeit" because they are the team that had the COVID-19 issue, not Bosse.

14 hours ago, Alduflux said:

If that's true then you should be happy Jasper joined the SIAC.

I wasn't glad because I knew they wouldn't get any non conference games.   Jasper has killed it in the SIAC.  Playing in the SIAC, is like playing in the SEC, you get beat on week after week, not like playing in the PAC or Big 8.  Jasper has exceeded everybody's expectations and this should really prepare them for sectionals year after year.

• Like 1

On 10/8/2020 at 2:33 PM, tango said:

I don't think Castle can tie for SIAC champion because the win total would be less.  Also, if we're being accurate it would be "Castle forfeit" because they are the team that had the COVID-19 issue, not Bosse.

If it's that simple and Castle doesn't get a share of the conference title due to wins or winning percentage...I don't know. It's a tough call hopeful conference by laws addressed this pre-COVID. I assume some spring sport teams' records have previously been affected by rain outs. 

Interesting times. I hope your Tigers make things interesting down the stretch and get some momentum heading into the sectional and next year given they are a young squad... (I need to watch what I say. My niece is a first grader in Castle's school system. If RMHS starts "recruiting" her for her gymnastic prowess, I might have to notify the IHSAA...)

On 10/8/2020 at 2:22 AM, hhpatriot04 said:

I was 3-0 against Jasper from 2001-2003. My debts are paid and I'm an active member of HH QB Club, even if I'm not there to play in the golf scramble, I donated a brick to building the wall, which I hope to see if I'm able to visit home for the holidays this year as I plan. Jon got the idea for the bricks in part due to Dad helping fund the Santa statue in front of town hall with customized pavers 15 or so years ago... I already owe Dave a Patriot Dog and an Diet Mt Dew at a basketball game; I hope to see you and others like Crewsy and BCaster if HH has a game (hopefully at home) around the holiday break.

There are no asterisks in conference championships...the winner will hang the banner and in 5 years no one will remember the * or not....except the 5 guys who are still P!ssed cuz they thought they had a shot.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

If it's that simple and Castle doesn't get a share of the conference title due to wins or winning percentage...I don't know. It's a tough call hopeful conference by laws addressed this pre-COVID. I assume some spring sport teams' records have previously been affected by rain outs. 

Interesting times. I hope your Tigers make things interesting down the stretch and get some momentum heading into the sectional and next year given they are a young squad... (I need to watch what I say. My niece is a first grader in Castle's school system. If RMHS starts "recruiting" her for her gymnastic prowess, I might have to notify the IHSAA...)

We don't have gymnastics, so there is zero chance of that happening.  Can she pay soccer?

As for Castle, they were the reason the game with Bosse was cancelled, so IMO they should not share even though the same losses would mean a higher win percentage.  While all signs would indicate a full-strength Castle would have beaten Bosse, but maybe not so certain if 15 guys were contact traced out.  But, as Titan 32 says, in 5 years nobody will really care.  

Edited by tango