Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  47 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

Best Breaded Tenderloin sandwich?

Muda69

Let's hear 'em.

Mine would have to be the tenderloin from the now closed Nickel Plate Bar and Grill in Fishers.   Man, that was an excellent sandwich.

Other great breaded tenderloins I have had over the past several years, in no particular order:

* Nick's Kitchen in Huntington 

* Edinburgh Diner (be warned, they are huge!)

* Ray's Drive in Kokomo

* Stookey's in Thorntown (also excellent onion rings)

* Oasis Diner in Plainfield

* Grindstone on the Monon in Westfield

* Steer-In Diner in Indianapolis

* Upland Brewing Company in Bloomington

I'll add others as they come to mind................

Oh boy was I built for this....

Your list is great but a few minor omissions I might be able to help with...

Rays drive in is great my go to tenderloin in Kokomo for DINNER (important distinction) hence the moniker.... but a little known secret is a small closet of a place in Kokomo south of downtown called Artie's. Literally a closet.  An old timey soda bar and 4 booths thats the whole place, but man they make a killer tenderloin.  (during covid spring shutdown arties got by selling frozen tenderloins you could fry at home) But get there early the open around 530 am for the regular coffee in a mug junkies BUT close at 2PM, making it a tough treat to divulge the out of towner's tenderloin cravings

9 Irish brothers in West Lafayette (never had one at the lafayette side location) makes a great tenderloin.

Mr Dave's North Manchester comes up on a lot of people's list and for good reason

If you like barley pops with your tenderloin, like me, Nickel Plate B&G in fishers is a fine establishment (try the chili!!)

Newest on my list is Hilltop Restaurant in Covington, phenomenal tenderloin.  maybe because it caught me by surprise or maybe it was the scenic locale of the covington trojan sports complex parking lot but this one knocked my socks off.

This begs the question, what are your go to tenderloin toppings?

Edited by King Tenderloin
typos
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, King Tenderloin said:

Oh boy was I built for this....

Your list is great but a few minor omissions I might be able to help with...

Rays drive in is great my go to tenderloin in Kokomo for DINNER (important distinction) hence the moniker.... but a little known secret is a small closet of a place in Kokomo south of downtown called Artie's. Literally a closet.  An old timey soda bar and 4 booths thats the whole place, but man they make a killer tenderloin.  (during covid spring shutdown arties got by selling frozen tenderloins you could fry at home) But get there early the open around 530 am for the regular coffee in a mug junkies BUT close at 2PM, making it a tough treat to divulge the out of towner's tenderloin cravings

9 Irish brothers in West Lafayette (never had one at the lafayette side location) makes a great tenderloin.

Mr Dave's North Manchester comes up on a lot of people's list and for good reason

If you like barley pops with your tenderloin, like me, Nickel Plate B&G in fishers is a fine establishment (try the chili!!)

Newest on my list is Hilltop Restaurant in Covington, phenomenal tenderloin.  maybe because it caught me by surprise or maybe it was the scenic locale of the covington trojan sports complex parking lot but this one knocked my socks off.

This begs the question, what are your go to tenderloin toppings?

Ahh, forgot about Arties.  They do make an excellent tenderloin,  but as you said their hours are really limited.  

Will have to try the other places you mentioned.  Thanks for the tips.

And the Nickel Plate B&G as far as I know is now closed:  https://www.indystar.com/story/news/local/hamilton-county/fishers/2019/04/02/iconic-nickel-plate-bar-grill-fishers-set-close/3339955002/

My go to tenderloin toppings are pickles mustard, and mayo.

• Like 1

Very sad to hear of the Nickel Plate passing, but I will have to check out Binkley's. (Do you know if they have the cowboy chili?)

The first time I get a tenderloin from a given establishment I have control toppings; onion, pickle, and mustard.  That way all other things being equal I can truly compare the tenderloin, you know for science.  I do admit though I like to mix it up once a baseline is established.

I am a Pickle Onion Mustard as well,  for the grilled version, I will also go MAYO

Local Dive Bar in Rensselaer, NORTHSIDE, has my favorite GRILLED tenderloin, something about that bar grill that barely gets clean that brings out the best of the grilled tenderloin version.  

24 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I also remember the Aristocrat Pub in Indy/Broad Ripple having a tasty breaded tenderloin.

Aristocrat is still there. Lived at 49th and College for some time out of college and that was always a good walking spot for me. Plump's Last Shot (not sure if it's still around) owned by Bobby Plump had a joint in Broad Ripple that also had a pretty good tenderloin. 

Since the closure of Nickel Plate, Dooley O'Toole's in Carmel probably serves my favorite current tenderloin. 

Edited by Footballking16