Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

"Green New Deal" - needs it's own thread

Muda69

9 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

In Clinton County the NIMBY's have the ear of the County Commissioners,  so while not yet outright passing a ban on wind farms they are dragging out the process long enough that they hope the wind energy companies effectively lose interest and back out of the leases agreements they have already signed with some sovereign landowners.

I don't know what a NIMBY is. Do you think there's a chance the Feds will intervene in the Local Government's decisions regarding the wind farms. After all, aren't you a proponent of keeping more decisions in the local government's jurisdiction?

13 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I can't believe Hamilton county is that different geographically from Tipton county.

From a wind standpoint there is a big difference. Clinton County compares closely to Benton County in that regard. Benton County has 4 wind farms totalling 457 windmills. Clinton County has none.

5 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I don't know what a NIMBY is. Do you think there's a chance the Feds will intervene in the Local Government's decisions regarding the wind farms. After all, aren't you a proponent of keeping more decisions in the local government's jurisdiction?

From a wind standpoint there is a big difference. Clinton County compares closely to Benton County in that regard. Benton County has 4 wind farms totalling 457 windmills. Clinton County has none.

NIMBY = Not In My BackYard.

No, I do not think the federal government will intervene, unless their is evidence one party or another violated a federal statute.

Do you have links describing this geographical difference between Tipton and Hamilton counties that would cause one to experience so much more wind than the other?  Honestly driving north on US-31 one would not know you are crossing from Hamilton into Tipton county if it wasn't for the signs.

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

NIMBY = Not In My BackYard.

No, I do not think the federal government will intervene, unless their is evidence one party or another violated a federal statute.

Do you have links describing this geographical difference between Tipton and Hamilton counties that would cause one to experience so much more wind than the other?  Honestly driving north on US-31 one would not know you are crossing from Hamilton into Tipton county if it wasn't for the signs.

No, but in.gov has wind speed maps:

https://www.in.gov/oed/2425.htm

Just now, Muda69 said:

Thank you.  Looks like northwest Hamilton county is prime wind farm real estate,  with most of the northern half of county not far behind.

But not as prime as Clinton or Tipton Counties, where the entire County looks prime. There is also one main landowner in Northwest Hamilton County. He may not want wind farms on his land. 

3 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

But not as prime as Clinton or Tipton Counties, where the entire County looks prime. There is also one main landowner in Northwest Hamilton County. He may not want wind farms on his land. 

He may not.  But what if he does?  Should residents living in Carmel, Noblesville, Sheridan, Cicero or Arcadia be able to deny him that use of his land?

Edited by Muda69

17 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

He may not.  But what if he does?  Should residents living in Carmel, Noblesville, Sheridan, Cicero or Arcadia be able to deny him that use of his land?

Have they tried?

Just now, Muda69 said:

I don't know.  I don't live in Hamilton county.

To my knowledge, Hamilton County does not have an ordinance on the books regarding wind farms. Clinton County does. I know that and I don't live there.

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

To my knowledge, Hamilton County does not have an ordinance on the books regarding wind farms. Clinton County does. I know that and I don't live there.

Guess you are just smarter than I am.

https://www.wind-watch.org/news/2019/02/16/ordinance-proposes-to-ban-wind-farms/

Other counties – Hamilton, Allen, Delaware, Howard, Grant and Kosciusko, to name a few – have either banned wind farms, set restrictive ordinances that make farms impractical or put a moratorium on the turbines’ until more studies are done, Fahey said.

4 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Link to the ruling, restrictive ordinance or moratorium announcement for Hamilton County?

The article doesn't say.  As an illustrious citizen of Hamilton county you should have information as to the exact form of the County Commissioners current disposition regarding wind farms.  I guess you aren't as smart or informed as I thought you were. 

2 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

It is not my fault that you choose not to be well informed about the county in which you claim to live.

Maybe if you make a PayPal donation to the website where you found that quote, you'll be able to find the ordinance. Give 'em $10 and see what you can come up with. I always trust websites where soliciting a donation is the first thing I see, yeah, that's the ticket. 

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

Maybe if you make a PayPal donation to the website where you found that quote, you'll be able to find the ordinance. Give 'em $10 and see what you can come up with. I always trust websites where soliciting a donation is the first thing I see, yeah, that's the ticket. 

lol, nice try.  You do realize the actual source of the article was the Lafayette Journal & Courier?  https://www.jconline.com/story/news/local/lafayette/2019/02/15/ordinance-proposes-ban-wind-farms-around-lafayette/2805716002/

Again, not my fault that you are lazy/uniformed.  Besides, I really don't care if Hamilton county allows wind farms or not.  It probably would have zero effect on my property values.

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Besides, I really don't care if Hamilton county allows wind farms or not. 

Then why did you bring the subject up, lol. Just bored? At least you did learn that Clinton County has more wind than Hamilton. It always makes me feel good when I can educate those who are underinformed. 

6 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Then why did you bring the subject up, lol. 

Look back on page one of this thread.  You'll read why.  Sorry you have such a short memory.

It always makes me feel good when I can educate those who are underinformed about the county in which they live.  Like you.

Edited by Muda69
  • Sit and spin 1

4 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Look back on page one of this thread.  You'll read why.

Nope, I don't see an explanation. Just a question about wind farms in Hamilton County out of the blue.

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

It always makes me feel good when I can educate those who are underinformed about the county in which they live.  Like you.

You didn't. You're even more uninformed than I am. 

• Disdain 1

8 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Nope, I don't see an explanation. Just a question about wind farms in Hamilton County out of the blue.

You didn't. You're even more uninformed than I am. 

You are even more willfully ignorant than I thought Gonzo.  Go troll somewhere else, and let the serious adults talk about the GNS.

• Sit and spin 1