• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NWI Sectionals

6A: Jeff @ Merrillville

Chesterton @ Elkhart

5A: Valpo @ La Porte

4A: Lowell @ Hobart

3A: Calumet @ Hanover Central

2A: Rensselaer @ Andrean

Some decent games on paper. I’m most excited for the Jeff/Mville game. Good for the 3A game where one program will win their first sectional title. Really rooting for Calumet and Coach Good in that one.

30 minutes ago, region said:

Chesterton @ Elkhart

Some decent games on paper. I’m most excited for the Jeff/Mville game. Good for the 3A game where one program will win their first sectional title. Really rooting for Calumet and Coach Good in that one.

Merrillville easy

Chesterton because VU connection

valpo VU connection again

hobart easy

pulling for calumet after what they were put through

andrean easy 

37 minutes ago, region said:

Chesterton @ Elkhart

Exciting times for the region. If Chesterton and Merrillville win I think that’s a big statement for the quality region football compared to the rest of the northern half of the state. I picked Hanover before the tournament started but now I must agree that seeing Calumet pull this out would be great. I remember playing there when I was at Andrean, and a kid on their team broke his leg horribly because of the wretched field conditions. I saw last week they’ve got turf now. Coach Good has done a tremendous job with that program and the school is clearly supporting him. Hoping all these teams stay safe and healthy this week. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Exciting times for the region. If Chesterton and Merrillville win I think that’s a big statement for the quality region football compared to the rest of the northern half of the state. I picked Hanover before the tournament started but now I must agree that seeing Calumet pull this out would be great. I remember playing there when I was at Andrean, and a kid on their team broke his leg horribly because of the wretched field conditions. I saw last week they’ve got turf now. Coach Good has done a tremendous job with that program and the school is clearly supporting him. Hoping all these teams stay safe and healthy this week. 

When we played calumet in 99 they used paint from the hardware store to paint there big C ruined all our white jerseys as it never dried.

20 hours ago, scarab527 said:

If Chesterton and Merrillville win I think that’s a big statement for the quality region football compared to the rest of the northern half of the state.

If Chesterton beats Elkhart I would agree with this in 6A. I don't see it happening, but you never know.

I disagree on the Merrillville point. Jeff hasn't beat a quality team this year and Merrillville having been beaten pretty badly by 3A Chatard doesn't make me love them in the rest of the tournament. If they can't beat Chatard they have a long way to go before they'll be able to compete with the big boys of 6A.

Hobart and Andrean have a great shot at representing the region in the state finals, much more so than Chesterton and Merrillville. 

43 minutes ago, Prospect said:

If Chesterton beats Elkhart I would agree with this in 6A. I don't see it happening, but you never know.

I disagree on the Merrillville point. Jeff hasn't beat a quality team this year and Merrillville having been beaten pretty badly by 3A Chatard doesn't make me love them in the rest of the tournament. If they can't beat Chatard they have a long way to go before they'll be able to compete with the big boys of 6A.

Hobart and Andrean have a great shot at representing the region in the state finals, much more so than Chesterton and Merrillville. 

Not many people saw them beating Penn, but they did, I think the game this week will be pretty good. As for the other point, Chatard, per Sagarin, is the 7th best team in the state overall, it doesn’t matter that they’re in 3A. I would also dispute that they lost “pretty badly” to Chatard. And by the “big boys of 6A” who do you mean, the MIC and the top of the HCC? I said the northern half of the state, no one is talking about those teams. 

3 minutes ago, scarab527 said:

Not many people saw them beating Penn, but they did, I think the game this week will be pretty good. As for the other point, Chatard, per Sagarin, is the 7th best team in the state overall, it doesn’t matter that they’re in 3A. I would also dispute that they lost “pretty badly” to Chatard. And by the “big boys of 6A” who do you mean, the MIC and the top of the HCC? I said the northern half of the state, no one is talking about those teams. 

What do you count as the north because Carmel has represented the north in 6A more than any other team so you can't exclude them. There are also HCC teams that play in the north so not sure how you can exclude them either. 

8 minutes ago, Prospect said:

What do you count as the north because Carmel has represented the north in 6A more than any other team so you can't exclude them. There are also HCC teams that play in the north so not sure how you can exclude them either. 

I don’t consider Indy and its suburbs to be in the north. Yes, it’s a border case, but most of those schools play in the South and the only reason some play in the North is to make the tournament work.