Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Iowa State vs Oklahoma

Wedgebuster

Question

7 answers to this question

29 minutes ago, miner_35 said:

100%, regardless of a missed call at least at the high school level, pretty sure it is different in college. Also, QB could be called for false start with the head bob. Kind of at the discretion of the official. 

I did not see a foul. I don’t consider myself an expert on the NCAA rules. But I didn’t see either contact by the defense, or reaction by the offense.

On 12/23/2020 at 11:12 AM, Bobref said:

I did not see a foul. I don’t consider myself an expert on the NCAA rules. But I didn’t see either contact by the defense, or reaction by the offense.

That's why I said it is a foul in high school, didnt know about college. Assumed it was similar to NFL. The QB really selling the hard count can be considered something used to draw the defense offside if that head bob is considered bad enough, depending on the officials. They even went over stuff like that from in the IFOA videos this past seasons. Once again, I see no harm here. Offense just needed to move or snap the ball, solves a that problem. 

I believe the coach thought there was contact which is why he went crazy. Video obviously showed that wasn't the case. There was a close targeting call very early in the game that cost him one of his best defenders, so he was probably still hot about that. This probably should have been flagged for UNS even in an NCAA game. Yes he is on the field, but he's mostly in the team huddle where he is allowed to be. You want to make sure he earns it, so it often has a lot to do with what he's saying as well.