Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Former Cavemen DC Passes Away

Gregg Smith, longtime assistant coach and DC for the Mishawaka Cavemen passed away last night. I don't have any details, just got a text from my mom this morning and checked the social media world and saw the devastating news. Such a great guy, father, husband, coach, teacher... Gut wrenching. Prayers to his wife and 2 sons, and to all of those in the Mishawaka community, you lost a great one.

Smitty was a pledge brother of mine at Ball State.  I've been stunned all day.  Just the absolute best dude in the world and will be sorely missed!  He was the type who made the trip to Indy for the State Finals every year regardless of who was playing... and made time to hook up with us Indy Sig Eps when he did.  My heart and prayers go out to his wife and his boys (affectionately known as the Nutball Brothers) as well as his entire family!

• Like 3

Did not know him but I live in the community and the reaction from those on social media who knew him is pretty overwhelming.  He clearly meant alot to many people.  Prayers to his family, including his wife and two sons.  I can't even imagine.  

Edited by XStar
  • Like 1
  • Disdain 1

IFCA sent this out:    SO HEARTBREAKING:     Lots of Love to Caveman School Family 

Many of you have reached out today about ways that you could help support Gregg’s family. 

Please see the link below if you’re interested in helping the Smith family financially overcome the obstacles they are suddenly and tragically faced with. 

Please share with your staff as well, if you feel so inclined. Please don’t feel like you need to give but any amount would be greatly appreciated. 

https://www.gofundme.com/f/gregg-smith-family?utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet&utm_medium=copy_link_all&utm_source=customer
55192584_1615320705834496_r.jpeg
Those that knew Gregg understand what his family meant to him. We also know that his “family” stretche… Ryan Watson needs your support for Gregg Smith Family
www.gofundme.com