Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Aaron Rodgers

Gipper

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

I think he belongs up there. The disadvantage in the comparison to Manning and Brady is who they followed, and where the franchise was before they took over. Manning replaced Harbaugh, although there were three QB’s that season before. Bledsoe had a decent career in New England. But neither Harbaugh or Bledsoe played on the same level as Favre. I would also add that changes in the front office helped for Manning and Brady. Bill Poulian was a HUGE factor in the Colts success in that era. Belicheck’s involvement in the front office and scouting is a huge factor in their success, but Parcells did put the foundation in place. 
Rodgers has been able to put up some huge numbers in spite of poor coaching for most of his career as a starter. Ask Dallas fans about that now. 😁

Great analysis Irish. 

I think there are only 2-3 franchises that can move on from a great with the team being bigger than any one player. 

Green Bay, Pittsburgh and most recently New England. 

Reading some fan pages this am aka completely wasting my time lol…..like others, I am shifting to the problem in the front office, and believe there need to be changes made there. Aaron had quite a long list of players that were let go, and the lack of communication even with the players involved, is a big problem. Granted, the people in the front office don’t have to listen to him or his suggestions, but what appears to be clear is that there was no communication at all. Most people, after working for an employer, will have ideas to improve or change something, and offer suggestions. What keeps employees around is effective communication. I will admit that I was one of the people who said this makes Aaron look bad, but now think it is on the front office. 
I am glad the air has been cleared….now let’s go win a Super Bowl, huh? 😁

2 hours ago, Irishman said:

Reading some fan pages this am aka completely wasting my time lol…..like others, I am shifting to the problem in the front office, and believe there need to be changes made there. Aaron had quite a long list of players that were let go, and the lack of communication even with the players involved, is a big problem. Granted, the people in the front office don’t have to listen to him or his suggestions, but what appears to be clear is that there was no communication at all. Most people, after working for an employer, will have ideas to improve or change something, and offer suggestions. What keeps employees around is effective communication. I will admit that I was one of the people who said this makes Aaron look bad, but now think it is on the front office. 
I am glad the air has been cleared….now let’s go win a Super Bowl, huh? 😁

SB or b bust!!!  Although I'll freely admit Gutenkust isn't the best GM there is, football is a business.

• Like 1

I know people are lauding his “honesty” and “openness” after his recent venting session. Because it was nothing more than that. The Packers clearly won this stare down, so like the whiny diva Rogers is, he threw a public tantrum — in which he contradicted a number of previous statements he had made. To be honest, I think there is a reasonable possibility that this leads to locker room troubles. If the Packers struggle out of the gate, a lot of people will be saying that.