Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CONFERENCE INDIANA 21

21 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Had already read it. From what I remember you only get 4 free articles so I better save1 for the post-game seems like I went tobtheir site to read a columbus east post-game so I'm unsure if I even have 1 left 

If you haven't already found it, you can watch the game at the following link:

Congrats Columbus North ci Champs.  I Have at least a better idea where bhss is at. I know we have talent in our secondary one is going to iu , but the flea flicker and the other long over the top pass as well as the other td pass that just so happened to fall into  a cn receiver hands  with bhss players all around and finally the field goal blocked return for a Td  were all problems that should be easily addressable.   Was cn 24 points better than bhss ... yes but not neccasairy physically . Broken coverages this late in the season this bad to a team that has made most of their success on the ground this year is somewhat concerning.    We'll that all but wraps up CI . I would assume cn should take care of business the next two weeks.

3 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Congrats Columbus North ci Champs.  I Have at least a better idea where bhss is at. I know we have talent in our secondary one is going to iu , but the flea flicker and the other long over the top pass as well as the other td pass that just so happened to fall into  a cn receiver hands  with bhss players all around and finally the field goal blocked return for a Td  were all problems that should be easily addressable.   Was cn 24 points better than bhss ... yes but not neccasairy physically . Broken coverages this late in the season this bad to a team that has made most of their success on the ground this year is somewhat concerning.    We'll that all but wraps up CI . I would assume cn should take care of business the next two weeks.

CN was definitely the better team tonight. I don't know, but I assume the Panthers' game plan on defense was to stop the Bull Dogs running game since that is what they have relied on mostly this season, but our secondary certainly got torched in this one. I don't know how many screen passes that CN ran in this game, but it was a bunch, and they were usually successful. Having a young soph come in to play QB for most of the game sure didn't help since the offense sputtered which gave CN more chances on offense. CN certainly came after him in the 2nd half. I don't know when we last had a blocked FG go for a TD the other direction, but that put South's slim chances to rest. I was surprised they went for a FG down on the 17 yard line, considering the time left in the 4th and down by 17 pts, even though it would have been a 4th and around 9 or 10 yards to go. The way North got manhandled by Roncalli, CN will probably win that game since they looked better than North the last time I saw them, which will probably wrap up the CI crown for them, considering they have a bad TH South game after that. I saw that our game with Hammond Morton was canceled due to a Covid situation with Morton, so South is looking for a replacement game for this coming weekend.

1 hour ago, ptr said:

I was surprised they went for a FG down on the 17 yard line, considering the time left in the 4th and down by 17 pts, even though it would have been a 4th and around 9 or 10 yards to go. 

Coaching philosophies differ,  hopefully the qb will return soon. Although like you said cn was the better team and would have won most likely anyways. But man.....  teams run flea flickers In youth league ... you can't let that stuff happen I believe bhsn did the same thing to south or one of our earlier opponents unsure who it was.  Then the 66 yd td pass also    they have been blowing coverages all year . Each game teams seem to succeed throwing it deep on the Panthers.  And mccoullougs brother is back there along with the transfer from bhsn can't recall his name ..... 

13 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Coaching philosophies differ,  hopefully the qb will return soon. Although like you said cn was the better team and would have won most likely anyways. But man.....  teams run flea flickers In youth league ... you can't let that stuff happen I believe bhsn did the same thing to south or one of our earlier opponents unsure who it was.  Then the 66 yd td pass also    they have been blowing coverages all year . Each game teams seem to succeed throwing it deep on the Panthers.  And mccoullougs brother is back there along with the transfer from bhsn can't recall his name ..... 

I don't recall a flea flicker pass, at least in the traditional form, earlier in the season, although if my memory is correct and it's often not, TH North ran one of those tosses to a running back who in turn threw the ball back to the QB on the opposite side of the field, who then threw a long TD pass. That was a few games ago, so again, maybe my memory is off on that one. Regardless, the secondary has been our biggest flawed area on defense this season, and has been burned numerous times on deep pass plays, and at this point in the season it probably won't be corrected and we just have to live with it. I don't know how long David will be out and they were icing down his ankle back in the 1st when the injury happened, but we certainly need him back. I don't know if they will find a replacement game for the canceled Morton game, and I haven't been to any other sites yet today to see if there is anything new on that, but David could have an extra week to try and get back on the field with a potential open date.

Edited by ptr
  • Like 1

Per the HTO's Jim Gordillo, South's AD, J R Holmes, said today that they have had no luck finding a game to replace Hammond Morton this weekend and they will be looking for a game through Weds. It starting to look like it's going to be a bye week for South. 

9 hours ago, ptr said:

Per the HTO's Jim Gordillo, South's AD, J R Holmes, said today that they have had no luck finding a game to replace Hammond Morton this weekend and they will be looking for a game through Weds. It starting to look like it's going to be a bye week for South. 

I just don't like they way the season is progressing. Reading the last few articles on the hto apparently griffin the #1 receiver going into the year is done for the season walking on crutches.  The qb has an ankle late  the in the season and now we don't have a week 8 game.   The sectional is wide open at this point . I think 5 and 6a already get a bye tournament week.  

11 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

I just don't like they way the season is progressing. Reading the last few articles on the hto apparently griffin the #1 receiver going into the year is done for the season walking on crutches.  The qb has an ankle late  the in the season and now we don't have a week 8 game.   The sectional is wide open at this point . I think 5 and 6a already get a bye tournament week.  

Yes, the season certainly hasn't been on an upswing as it progresses although we have won games except for this past weekend, and as I pointed out in a previous post, the secondary continues to have the same problems and isn't getting any better. It was an all-new defense personnel-wise when the season started, so the fact we had an area that maybe wasn't up to par was probably to be expected. I guess we need to get more pressure on the QB to help them out, but that's easier said than done. I don't know why we even scheduled Hammond Morton except that maybe both schools had an opening on that date and couldn't find another school to fill it. That would have been a long way to go to play a high school football game for Morton, and I assume they would have traveled down on Friday for what was supposed to be a Saturday game. 

6 hours ago, ptr said:

I don't know why we even scheduled Hammond . 

I checked them on john harrell b4 the season and if you look back on their recent seasons they have had  Some good teams. Other than that I remember in the 1990s south playing Cincinnati moeller ,  played Massillon Ohio , Dayton meadowdale. I like the idea of  playing teams out of your circle . Hope they keep doing it . But hammond again has had some good teams . 

19 hours ago, ptr said:

Yes, the season certainly hasn't been on an upswing as it progresses although we have won games except for this past weekend, and as I pointed out in a previous post, the secondary continues to have the same problems and isn't getting any better. It was an all-new defense personnel-wise when the season started, so the fact we had an area that maybe wasn't up to par was probably to be expected. I guess we need to get more pressure on the QB to help them out, but that's easier said than done. I don't know why we even scheduled Hammond Morton except that maybe both schools had an opening on that date and couldn't find another school to fill it. That would have been a long way to go to play a high school football game for Morton, and I assume they would have traveled down on Friday for what was supposed to be a Saturday game. 

What’s even more laughable is Morton scheduling Cathedral.. it’s a complete waste of time for both schools and nothing comes out of it except maybe some Cathedral players that wouldn’t normally get a lot of playing time, get some playing time. 

On 10/4/2021 at 5:38 PM, ptr said:

It's official that South will have a bye week after being unable to replace Hammond Morton on their schedule. They will also lose their Senior Night game because of it, with their final game of the regular season at Chatard. Here is the tweet on it.

iGzfjNA8_mini.jpg

BHSS Panther Football

@bhss_football
· 5h
UPDATE: Unfortunately our opponent this weekend had to cancel and we were unable to get another game arranged. We will be back in action on Friday, 10/15 at Bishop Chatard! American footballPurple heartPaw prints

6 hours ago, ptr said:

It's official that South will have a bye week after being unable to replace Hammond Morton on their schedule. They will also lose their Senior Night game because of it, with their final game of the regular season at Chatard. Here is the tweet on it.

iGzfjNA8_mini.jpg

BHSS Panther Football

@bhss_football
· 5h
UPDATE: Unfortunately our opponent this weekend had to cancel and we were unable to get another game arranged. We will be back in action on Friday, 10/15 at Bishop Chatard! American footballPurple heartPaw prints

Guess we can turn our attention to the sectional draw this Sunday

. That's all the high school football we get this weekend i guess....

@Olympian06 can you tell me which columbus republic guy will be tweeting updates on cn this weekemd? I've had it with b town newspaper and radio guys. Also is sam.simmermaker  calling this Friday's cn game also on radio? 

2 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

@Olympian06 can you tell me which columbus republic guy will be tweeting updates on cn this weekemd? I've had it with b town newspaper and radio guys. Also is sam.simmermaker  calling this Friday's cn game also on radio? 

Hey MD, I’ll get you a name so you can follow, also, usually if you YouTube “BCSC Corporation” they usually have a live stream of the game. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

FWIW, whenever I have to go to radio coverage and both WGCL and WVNI are covering South's game, I have a preference for WVNI's coverage. I just think they do a little better job with the small details going on in the game. Just my opinion.

8 hours ago, ptr said:

FWIW, whenever I have to go to radio coverage and both WGCL and WVNI are covering South's game, I have a preference for WVNI's coverage. I just think they do a little better job with the small details going on in the game. Just my opinion.

I haven't listened to a game by them in a few years . But I do hear the wgcl guys every season no matter what at some point usually during the bhsn bhss game say that they don't like it when south dominates north and that everyone wants a more competitive  even series..... they're probably on the school board also and the reason why so many neighborhoods in souths historic districts are now at North so it can be fair and everyone gets a trophy type of people. Makes me sick .... 😫  lol.  Anyways I will also say that wgcl guys continually even when south isn't playing against North will call the Panthers the Cougars or call them bloomington north. They did it last Friday at columbus they referred to souths sideline as the cougar sideline or bench  . And I love Joe Smith to pieces but he is really losing it innhisbild age  he makes several.mistakes every game . 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

I haven't listened to a game by them in a few years . But I do hear the wgcl guys every season no matter what at some point usually during the bhsn bhss game say that they don't like it when south dominates north and that everyone wants a more competitive  even series..... they're probably on the school board also and the reason why so many neighborhoods in souths historic districts are now at North so it can be fair and everyone gets a trophy type of people. Makes me sick .... 😫  lol.  Anyways I will also say that wgcl guys continually even when south isn't playing against North will call the Panthers the Cougars or call them bloomington north. They did it last Friday at columbus they referred to souths sideline as the cougar sideline or bench  . And I love Joe Smith to pieces but he is really losing it innhisbild age  he makes several.mistakes every game . 

You may have already noticed it, but WHCC 105.1 FM is also carrying high school football games and they will also be at the CN/North game tonight along with WGCL and WVNI. With the Columbus station carrying the game, it could get pretty crowded up in the press box.

• Like 1