Sign in to follow this  
swordfish

Trump Derangement Syndrome is a thing.....It makes the most tolerant among us intolerant.......

32 minutes ago, swordfish said:

????

Take a look at the "coincidences" attached to Confederate statue building/placement and look at the narrative about it today.  Similarly, the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia.  What it starts out as and what it becomes based on framing tends to be altered for acceptability later on.  It is a direct reflection that Churchill was incorrect when he stated that, "History is written by the victors."

1 hour ago, foxbat said:

Take a look at the "coincidences" attached to Confederate statue building/placement and look at the narrative about it today.  Similarly, the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Virginia.  What it starts out as and what it becomes based on framing tends to be altered for acceptability later on.  It is a direct reflection that Churchill was incorrect when he stated that, "History is written by the victors."

The South won the waiting game in regard to the North tiring of the efforts of Reconstruction, and in that respect the South was the ultimate "victor" when it came to reframing a war over slavery into a war supposedly over the great "lost cause" of defending "States Rights". 

Sort of like how the Taliban will eventually win the waiting game in Afghanistan and one day write the "history" of the defeat of the American Infidel Crusaders.

• Disdain 1

A red hat with the words "Make America Great Again" is symbolic of all things evil or on the wrong side of American history........Really guys........

And the Confederate Army is comparable to the Taliban.......

And an elderly Jewish guy being bullied because he had that hat on his head brings all this back to the forefront.....

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, swordfish said:

A red hat with the words "Make America Great Again" is symbolic of all things evil or on the wrong side of American history........Really guys........

And an elderly Jewish guy being bullied because he had that hat on his head brings all this back to the forefront.....

Apparently "they" are playing the waiting game.

1 hour ago, swordfish said:

It wasn't the hat that I was referring to, but instead the narrative/opinion that you put out there ...

18 hours ago, swordfish said:

It appears to SF (IMHO) the term "Make America Great Again" has become the new slogan of "Free Speech" instead of "A slogan that stands for Racism"......

23 minutes ago, foxbat said:

It wasn't the hat that I was referring to, but instead the narrative/opinion that you put out there ...

Which in turn tells me that you and W82  think "Make America Great Again" was/is indeed originally racist .......

26 minutes ago, foxbat said:

It appears to SF (IMHO) the term "Make America Great Again" has become the new slogan of "Free Speech" instead of "A slogan that stands for Racism"......

26 minutes ago, swordfish said:

Which in turn tells me that you and W82  think "Make America Great Again" was/is indeed originally racist .......

No, which originally tells me that "Make America Great Again" had nothing to do with free speech, but now it's apparently going to.  Again, a rebranding of something that caught flak and going to have a different light shone upon it.

35 minutes ago, swordfish said:

Just not when it was originally used by a Gov from Arkansas.......somehow it all changed.  Wonder what the state flag of Arkansas looked like during his regime?

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Kid Rock and Hank Williams, Jr.

Ruoff Home Mortgage Music Center, Noblesville, IN, US

https://www.songkick.com/concerts/37827779-kid-rock-at-ruoff-home-mortgage-music-center

They should call it the Red Hat Red Flag Tour.

I could see you going undetected at this event....may actually fit in nicely and enjoy yourself.......word to the wise...you may want to remove your glasses first......

Gonzo the Fighter.JPG

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Just not when it was originally used by a Gov from Arkansas.......somehow it all changed.  Wonder what the state flag of Arkansas looked like during his regime?

Wrong. Was originally used by Carter, then Reagan.

11 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

I could see you going undetected at this event....may actually fit in nicely and enjoy yourself.......word to the wise...you may want to remove your glasses first......

Gonzo the Fighter.JPG

Have seen Hank twice. Walked out the first time sound was so bad. Second time circa ‘97 he changed words to songs and never actually finished a complete song. He won’t steal my hard earned money again.

And sorry, wrong again, I don’t wear glasses. Just because you do doesn’t mean everyone does.

18 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Except that the discussion I was having with @swordfish is tied to the current President's MAGA and the issue tied to its stated rebranding in a post.

9 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Except that the discussion I was having with @swordfish is tied to the current President's MAGA and the issue tied to its stated rebranding in a post.

that is what I thought......lol

18 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Wrong. Was originally used by Carter, then Reagan.

well thank you.....I'll take your word for it.  An angelic beautiful slogan that used to bring smiles to faces, now seems to "trigger" some people big time.  Maybe it's as you've alluded...it's all in the color.  

10 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

well thank you.....I'll take your word for it.  An angelic beautiful slogan that used to bring smiles to faces, now seems to "trigger" some people big time.  Maybe it's as you've alluded...it's all in the color.  

Is this less triggering?:

mockup-86e74729_large.jpg?v=1502355862

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

And sorry, wrong again, I don’t wear glasses. Just because you do doesn’t mean everyone does.

I do?  First you openly discuss the location of my home on GID....now you claim to know my attire?  Getting a tad nervous......

Stalker.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, foxbat said:

No, which originally tells me that "Make America Great Again" had nothing to do with free speech, but now it's apparently going to.  Again, a rebranding of something that caught flak and going to have a different light shone upon it.

Why did it catch flak?  Because people who voted for the current President wore the hat, or the t-shirt, or put the bumper sticker on the SUV which offended someone.  The same people offended by that are mostly the same people that have one of these on their cars:  Image result for coexist sticker  But who can't seem to tolerate other's views or "coexist"........

Image may contain: 1 person

Edited by swordfish
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, swordfish said:

Why did it catch flak?

It caught flak early on because it was launched with talk of exclusion and general attacks FROM the candidate himself.

• Like 1

olwigkr7m3r21.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

Isn't this what Social Security programs do?

• Disdain 1

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Have seen Hank twice. Walked out the first time sound was so bad. Second time circa ‘97 he changed words to songs and never actually finished a complete song. He won’t steal my hard earned money again.

But you had a choice to spend your hard earned money to see him.

2 hours ago, swordfish said:

Well, the Taliban have proven to be a more diffficult adversary to fully vanquish. But in terms of fighting for an evil or bad cause, I'd say that they were pretty comparable.  You are not suggesting that the Confederates were the "good guys"? 

The "MAGA" thing is like the three fingers down "OK" sign thing. Neither is inherently racist. But, unfortunately, both have noe been adopted by white supremist in the U.S. and internationally as a means to make winking references to each other. They are good for that purpose because they carry plausible deniability, as there are (obviously) people who flash that particular OK sign and who wear "MAGA" hats who are not white supremists.

Once a person who is not a white supremist has become  aware that these hate groups have co-opted the MAGA hat for their movement, it is difficult for me to understand why that person would continuing to wear one, in the same way that I'd have a difficult time understanding why a non-fascist would display a swastika symbol after the Nazis had gone and "ruined it" for everyone. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

I do?  First you openly discuss the location of my home on GID....now you claim to know my attire?  Getting a tad nervous......

Stalker.jpg

Just a lucky fisherman 

• Disdain 1

30 minutes ago, Wabash82 said:

Well, the Taliban have proven to be a more diffficult adversary to fully vanquish. But in terms of fighting for an evil or bad cause, I'd say that they were pretty comparable.  You are not suggesting that the Confederates were the "good guys"? 

The "MAGA" thing is like the three fingers down "OK" sign thing. Neither is inherently racist. But, unfortunately, both have noe been adopted by white supremist in the U.S. and internationally as a means to make winking references to each other. They are good for that purpose because they carry plausible deniability, as there are (obviously) people who flash that particular OK sign and who wear "MAGA" hats who are not white supremists.

Once a person who is not a white supremist has become  aware that these hate groups have co-opted the MAGA hat for their movement, it is difficult for me to understand why that person would continuing to wear one, in the same way that I'd have a difficult time understanding why a non-fascist would display a swastika symbol after the Nazis had gone and "ruined it" for everyone. 

SF can admit there is a basic element of truth in a lot of what you are saying here W as much that I would characterize as your assumptions or opinions.  I may not agree with it, but I can empathize your belief system as genuine.  However, using that logic, for SF this becomes equivalent to the constant dropping of the N word in various rap artist's lyrics.

5 hours ago, TrojanDad said:

Maybe it's as you've alluded...it's all in the color.  

I think you have me confused with someone else.

16 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I think you have me confused with someone else.

I got the right guy.....

image.png.9880d79f216062da1ddc04e01fc14ced.png

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this