Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

DTs Dandy Dozen - Hopes and Expectations for the Future

2 hours ago, DE said:

Why can’t people discuss East Chicago and Gary?  Why would it make people feel uncomfortable?  Interested to hear your thoughts on those 2 communities from the Hamilton Heights area. Some 1.5-2 hours away. 

Catch The HHF interview with Gary West Side Coach Eric Schreiber.  It will shed some new light on what is happening with Gary high school football.  

https://www.facebook.com/Hoosier-High-School-Football-107360041590757

Click on the magnifier search function to locate.  

1 hour ago, HHF said:

Catch The HHF interview with Gary West Side Coach Eric Schreiber.  It will shed some new light on what is happening with Gary high school football.  

Coach is doing a phenomenal job. Had his team during last season. They have some real talent at west side. 

Had a lot of fun with them. Had a real nice conversation with a guy I grew up playing against. He went to Lee Wallace when I was at LC. Talked about our match ups and lady’s hoops. It was great catching up and reminiscing. 

Had the pleasure of meeting Gary/NWI icon, Mr. Earl Smith and his beautiful wife. Young man is in his lates 80’s and looks and acts like a youngster. His wife had a good chuckle and said you don’t know the half of it. He was so proud of how well west side was doing and what a great job Coach is doing. 

So……I don’t really know why we can’t discuss Gary. 

I work with the Gary teams and their players, so not really sure why the discussion is “taboo”. 

8 minutes ago, DE said:

Coach is doing a phenomenal job. Had his team during last season. They have some real talent at west side. 

Had a lot of fun with them. Had a real nice conversation with a guy I grew up playing against. He went to Lee Wallace when I was at LC. Talked about our match ups and lady’s hoops. It was great catching up and reminiscing. 

Had the pleasure of meeting Gary/NWI icon, Mr. Earl Smith and his beautiful wife. Young man is in his lates 80’s and looks and acts like a youngster. His wife had a good chuckle and said you don’t know the half of it. He was so proud of how well west side was doing and what a great job Coach is doing. 

So……I don’t really know why we can’t discuss Gary. 

I work with the Gary teams and their players, so not really sure why the discussion is “taboo”. 

Forgot to add….had Bowman a few years back. Their AD, welcomed us w a “goodie bag”. My son still wears his TBA t shirt that I was given. Loves it. Kids at KV have asked him where he got that, along w a “rally towel” Coach gave us. 

At halftime and after the game, GWS parents club fed us and thanked us. 

One of the best schools to “take care of” us officials.  @Bobrefcan attest, not all schools are nearly as pleasant. 

Anything else anyone would like to know that I can help with, feel free to ask. 

1 hour ago, HHF said:

Thank you, but I do not use Facebook. 

8 hours ago, DE said:

Forgot to add….had Bowman a few years back. Their AD, welcomed us w a “goodie bag”. My son still wears his TBA t shirt that I was given. Loves it. Kids at KV have asked him where he got that, along w a “rally towel” Coach gave us. 

At halftime and after the game, GWS parents club fed us and thanked us. 

One of the best schools to “take care of” us officials.  @Bobrefcan attest, not all schools are nearly as pleasant. 

Anything else anyone would like to know that I can help with, feel free to ask. 

Does the IHSAA have an ethics policy in place regarding Officials accepting gifts?

The private Company I was employed by had a strict policy in place that prohibited me from accepting any gift, no matter how small, in order to eliminate any semblance of impropriety.

• Kill me now 1

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Does the IHSAA have an ethics policy in place regarding Officials accepting gifts?

The private Company I was employed by had a strict policy in place that prohibited me from accepting any gift, no matter how small, in order to eliminate any semblance of impropriety.

The Officials Code of Ethics appears as Appendix G to the NF Rule Book. It does not directly address this issue. It does provide that “Officials shall be punctual and professional in the fulfillment of all contractual obligations,” and “Officials shall uphold the honor and dignity of the profession in all interaction with student-athletes, coaches, athletic directors, school administrators, colleagues, and the public.” But nothing specific to this point.

I confess, I got a t-shirt from Penn once, and they also gave me the game ball when I ended my on-field career there in 2017.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gonzoron said:

Nice try Ron.  Still haven't addressed anything.  Typical.

1 minute ago, gonzoron said:

What is in need of being addressed? I think Bobref explained it pretty well.

you just cant help your self from playing the victim.  explain why those cities can not be talked about.  burden is on you.  you threw it out there, now go.

2 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

What is in need of being addressed? I think Bobref explained it pretty well.

well that could be a ........

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Try reading a History book. Only football can be discussed here.

victim mentality never wins.

go back to woodstock boomer

3 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

Try reading a History book. Only football can be discussed here.

i feel like aaron rodgers right now and you are bear.

14 hours ago, DE said:

Their AD, welcomed us w a “goodie bag”.

Do you think he would have given you one if he knew you shame High school janitors? A true test of a man's character is how he treats the janitor. Calling him mop boy tells me everything I need to know.

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

Do you think he would have given you one if he knew you shame High school janitors? A true test of a man's character is how he treats the janitor. Calling him mop boy tells me everything I need to know.

😂 nice try Ronny boy. Victim mentality. 😂 

1 hour ago, Bobref said:

I thought it was whether you put your shopping cart in the cart corral or left it in the parking lot.

Yeah, he leaves that for the janitor also.

17 hours ago, DE said:

Thank you, but I do not use Facebook. 

Have 2/3 of your immediate family read it to you.

6 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

This dude is a deranged CREEP.  Read that bolded part.  That proves this dude has stalked my family on facebook, one being a MINOR.  You sick bas****.

And before ron plays the victim yet AGAIN, he has sent so many unsolicited, bragging photos of his children  to many of us on here.

Seek help Ron.  Check madicare.  I would presume it covers it.

10 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

That is above your pay grade.  Stick to mops and plungers ronny boy.

• Haha 1

On 2/11/2022 at 7:08 PM, gonzoron said:

For the most part, these towns are not relevant to any high school sport anymore.

Add Frankfort, Hamilton Heights and probably 90% of all the other high schools in this state to your list. What exactly is your point, that you refuse to walk a couple of blocks to see a high school basketball game because neither of the schools are "relevant" to that high school sport?

18 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

What exactly is your point, that you refuse to walk a couple of blocks to see a high school basketball game because neither of the schools are "relevant" to that high school sport?

What are you talking about? I've never refused to walk a couple of blocks to see a basketball game.

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

What are you talking about? I've never refused to walk a couple of blocks to see a basketball game.

@Muda69dude chooses to forget he said he will just get to the school early and have a full tank of gas to keep his truck warm.  Those kind love to leave out convenient facts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DE said:

@Muda69dude chooses to forget he said he will just get to the school early and have a full tank of gas to keep his truck warm.  Those kind love to leave out convenient facts.

Methinks you had a little too much elderberry wine in your Super Bowl to try and make that stretch work.