Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Open Club  ·  47 members  ·  Free

OOB v2.0

Ketanji Brown Jackson to be first Black woman to sit on Supreme Court

Bobref

53 minutes ago, Bobref said:

You don’t have to be a lawyer — or particularly smart, for that matter — to see what’s going on here. In fairness, the Democrats were just as guilty during the confirmation hearings for Justices Kavanaugh and Barrett. But neither party is serving the interests of justice and good government with the disgraceful display of intellectual dishonesty and pandering that goes on during these hearings.

Agreed BR.  Let the current POTUS have his choice on this one - she was a "shoe-in" from the start.  Mark my words, though (IMHO) I do think she will be a prominent activist SCOTUS Judge.  I hope I'm wrong.

1 hour ago, swordfish said:

Agreed BR.  Let the current POTUS have his choice on this one - she was a "shoe-in" from the start.  Mark my words, though (IMHO) I do think she will be a prominent activist SCOTUS Judge.  I hope I'm wrong.

That will be a very difficult task as the Court is currently composed. Her votes are likely to be pretty similar to the Justice she replaced. So, all the “liberal” wing of the Court has done is exchange a pretty senior Justice for a rookie. Seniority means something on the Court.

5 hours ago, Bobref said:

Congratulations to Justice Jackson on her historic bipartisan confirmation as the first African American woman to sit on the Court. Now, let’s roll up the sleeves and get to work.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/senate-poised-confirm-ketanji-brown-jackson-supreme-court-rcna23283

I did not know she was from Africa?  Does she hold duel citizenship?

• Kill me now 2