Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 4

1 hour ago, Moonshiners said:

It’s that time of the season again. The Catholic battle to see who’s been to church more this past year. I don’t like MD in a battle of the mascots, but i think they win by a TD or 2. Normally I will root for my Catholic brethren, but not this week. This week they are cake eaters once again. The only good things the east side of Evansville has ever produced are putt putt golf n games and lake sports and they managed to kill both of them off. They need to stick to soccer and eating grey poupon, and leave the real man sports to us ski lovin/God fearing westsiders

And with your spirit. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, TransplantedPanther said:

I think more people were talking about the way Reitz beat Jasper over the win being impressive. 

VL was more impressive because of the circumstances by which it came. 

Still amazed with that last second 50 yard pass, Davies loves throwing darts to Thomas or Summers

I’m still fearing the worst the last two weeks  in October against Memorial then Jasper. Lots of time to figure things out. VL has to be sharp every week…starting with a hazard road game at Central. 

Edited by SEAL_63

6 minutes ago, SEAL_63 said:

I’m still fearing the worst the last two weeks  in October against Memorial then Jasper. Lots of time to figure things out. VL has to be sharp every week…starting with a hazard road game at Central. 

Vincennes should be fine, Central was worn out in the 2H since they start 6 2-way players. However, RB Javon Jackson is a decent threat, almost broke out for a 85 yard TD until Seward came out of nowhere to stop him. But other than that, he is a nice weapon for the Bears

Massey Lines:

Memorial at Mater Dei (-1), 51% chance of victory for the Wildcats

Castle (-24) at Harrison, 91% chance of victory for the Knights

Vincennes at Central(-3), 55% chance of victory for the Bears

Bosse at Jasper (-27), 87% chance of victory for the Wildcats

Reitz at North (-5), 55% chance of victory for the Huskies

35 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Massey Lines:

Just wow on that VL/Central line. No respect for the Alices after the last two weeks. 

As far as that Reitz line, I won’t say anything except that I would take 5 any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. 

1 hour ago, TransplantedPanther said:

Just wow on that VL/Central line. No respect for the Alices after the last two weeks. 

As far as that Reitz line, I won’t say anything except that I would take 5 any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. 

Can people actually bet on these lines?  I’d be stunned to see Central beat VL.

18 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

Can people actually bet on these lines?  I’d be stunned to see Central beat VL.

It’s illegal to bet High School games in the US. But having these lines are a pretty good indicator on the spread. I prefer Harrell’s site over everyone else, but Massey is pretty solid too. No idea  why he is favoring Central over Vincennes, could be a metrics thing, but give me the Alices all day long

4 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Massey Lines:

That VL line is bullshit. 

15 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

Memorial might give you a game. We won’t. You are going to paralyze our offense. 

Memorial at Mater Dei - The Wildcats will be ticked off and planning for a statement bounce-back. Memorial is getting their guys back and will start playing better once they figure out who their QB is. This is shaping up to be a great game at The Bowl and would not be shocked to see Memorial hanging around or even winning. However, I think the Wildcats win this game by a few scores.

Castle at Harrison - Much like their game against North, I think the Warriors will hang around in this game into the 3rd quarter but then Castle pulls away and wins by three scores. The Knights will be a team to be reckoned with the rest of the season and will have a huge matchup with Reitz in a few weeks.

Vincennes at Central - Central just is not very good and Vincennes seems to be one of the top teams in the conference. You could call it a potential trap/hangover game but I think the Alices keep riding their momentum and win with a running clock. Central may score once on a TD run.

Bosse at Jasper - Jasper is still trying to recover from some injuries and just does not have as many dudes as they typically have. I wonder about the status of the starting QB because they really need him to run that offense. This is a good opportunity for them to bounce-back from their losing streak. Bosse will have some success in this game but I think Jasper wins by a few scores. 

GAME OF THE WEEK:

Reitz at North - I think Reitz is much better than North overall. But I would not be surprised if this is a close game since it is at North and Reitz has a target right now being at the top of the conference and having a lot of hype. Also if it rains Friday night, that largely favors North as they prefer to run away, while it would limit what Reitz likes to do with all their skill players. However, I think the rain stays away and I think the Panthers get another big win to stay unbeaten. Their defense has improved and they just have too many ways to beat you on offense.

21 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Also if it rains Friday night, that largely favors North as they prefer to run away, while it would limit what Reitz likes to do with all their skill players.

Looks like it is supposed to be clear now for Friday, but it will still be an interesting game, in my opinion, I think Reitz will win it, but how much is the question? North is going to be pumped up since it is a home game and getting the top-ranked SIAC team. 

2 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Looks like it is supposed to be clear now for Friday, but it will still be an interesting game, in my opinion, I think Reitz will win it, but how much is the question? North is going to be pumped up since it is a home game and getting the top-ranked SIAC team. 

Yeah the forecast improved, clear night definitely favors Reitz as they can run the ball and still sling it around to their receivers. However, like you said, North will bring their best effort considering the scenario. If Reitz gets an early lead, it will be tough for North if they have to go to their passing game. It seems that they struggle to pass and Reitz has an elite pass defense (think they've only given up around 100 yards total in 3 games). The big questions are: How will the Reitz defense do against St. Louis, who everybody else has struggled to stop so far? Can the North defense stop the dynamic Reitz offense at all? Are both teams healthy? I could see a high scoring, close game in this one but also would not be surprised to see Reitz win by 3 or more scores.

4 minutes ago, Football Fanatic said:

Yeah the forecast improved, clear night definitely favors Reitz as they can run the ball and still sling it around to their receivers. However, like you said, North will bring their best effort considering the scenario. If Reitz gets an early lead, it will be tough for North if they have to go to their passing game. It seems that they struggle to pass and Reitz has an elite pass defense (think they've only given up around 100 yards total in 3 games). The big questions are: How will the Reitz defense do against St. Louis, who everybody else has struggled to stop so far? Can the North defense stop the dynamic Reitz offense at all? Are both teams healthy? I could see a high scoring, close game in this one but also would not be surprised to see Reitz win by 3 or more scores.

Reitz is currently the top team in passing defense (The updated version will be out tonight, but they are still #1). The question is their rushing defense, as they give up around 191 YPG (for comparison, Memorial gives up 204 YPG), and with a duo of Mitchell/St. Louis, that will be tough to defend against. Can Reitz win by 14+? Sure they can, but I have a feeling North will give their best effort since they are also comparable in size in the trenches. 

On 9/2/2022 at 11:20 PM, TigerFan20 said:

Almost midway through the season….

Friday, Sep. 9
Castle at Harrison ©, 7 pm
Memorial at Mater Dei ©, 7 pm
Reitz at North ©, 7 pm
Jasper at Bosse ©, 6:30 pm
Vincennes at Central ©, 6:30 pm

Castle

Mater Dei

Reitz

Jasper

Vincennes

Predictions: 

Castle at Harrison

Harrison might put up a TD or 2 early on against the Knight tomorrow night. However, I think Castle's defense will shut down Harrison in the 2H and the offense will spark against Harrison's Defense. However, I do think we will see a little bit more of a rushing attack from Castle too since Harrison has a Top 4 passing defense in statistics. Castle will run off with a win by 3 scores 

Jasper at Bosse 

Big season game for Jasper in my opinion, as the Wildcats, are 1-2 and could be looking at 1-3 after Week 4. While it is against Bosse, in terms of health, are in a better position than Jasper. However, Jasper is hungry for a win no matter what as their SIAC title hopes are dwindling away. Give me a desperate Jasper team by 4 scores. 

Vincennes at Central 

This was a fun game last year, as the Alices won the game in OT. However, these Alices are different this year, beating Mater Dei and keeping Reitz close to the final second. I think the Central D can give a game in the 1H, but give me the Alices by 4 scores in this one. 

Games of the Week

Reitz at North 

A very, very big game for both of these teams for tomorrow. Last year, North beat Reitz 29-26 in a classic game. The Top ranked SIAC team is coming to North on a mission to remain undefeated and be #1. With the Top Offense in the SIAC, a formidable defense in the way, great players, coaches, and fans bring in the atmosphere. There is definitely a new feeling on Reitz Hill. However, this is a trap game for Reitz game, as North isn't that bad either, with a very strong rushing attack behind multiple backs protected by a massive O-line, averaging 256.7 rushing yards per game. This may cause some problems with Reitz D, as they give up around 183.0 rushing YPG (#7 in the SIAC). And with an RB in North's St. Louis, he will be a problem all night long. I think North can keep this game pretty close, passing will be challenging for them, as Reitz is #1 in passing defense. But..... Reitz is wanting the momentum to win that SIAC crown, give me the Panthers by 10 in this one 

Memorial at Mater Dei 

The Catholic Bowl is always a classic game over them the last 6 years, with Mater Dei winning in OT in 2016. Since then, Memorial has won 5 straight against their Catholic rivals being the favorites. Not this year though as the Tigers are coming into the Reitz Bowl as 10-point underdogs in a season full of injuries. Unlike their Catholic counterpart Mater Dei, who is aiming to go back to the state for the 2nd year in a row. These Wildcats are going to be feisty tomorrow tonight after losing to Vincennes last week in a back-and-forth game. But are still putting really good offensive numbers too, averaging around 400 YPG in offense and a very good passing attack led by QB Wunderlich. Defensively, Mater Dei is in the Top 5 for each category. While Memorial finally found the endzone last week against Central, after scoring an FG and a kick return for a TD in their first two games. And has looked shaky for the most part due to numerous factors. But that has changed, as their guys have almost returned in full, and with a solid rushing attack in Rodes, and some questions on the passing game. Mater Dei will likely win this one, but.......... give me the upset by Memorial winning by 3

42 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Predictions: 

Castle at Harrison

Harrison might put up a TD or 2 early on against the Knight tomorrow night. However, I think Castle's defense will shut down Harrison in the 2H and the offense will spark against Harrison's Defense. However, I do think we will see a little bit more of a rushing attack from Castle too since Harrison has a Top 4 passing defense in statistics. Castle will run off with a win by 3 scores 

Jasper at Bosse 

Big season game for Jasper in my opinion, as the Wildcats, are 1-2 and could be looking at 1-3 after Week 4. While it is against Bosse, in terms of health, are in a better position than Jasper. However, Jasper is hungry for a win no matter what as their SIAC title hopes are dwindling away. Give me a desperate Jasper team by 4 scores. 

Vincennes at Central 

This was a fun game last year, as the Alices won the game in OT. However, these Alices are different this year, beating Mater Dei and keeping Reitz close to the final second. I think the Central D can give a game in the 1H, but give me the Alices by 4 scores in this one. 

Games of the Week

Reitz at North 

A very, very big game for both of these teams for tomorrow. Last year, North beat Reitz 29-26 in a classic game. The Top ranked SIAC team is coming to North on a mission to remain undefeated and be #1. With the Top Offense in the SIAC, a formidable defense in the way, great players, coaches, and fans bring in the atmosphere. There is definitely a new feeling on Reitz Hill. However, this is a trap game for Reitz game, as North isn't that bad either, with a very strong rushing attack behind multiple backs protected by a massive O-line, averaging 256.7 rushing yards per game. This may cause some problems with Reitz D, as they give up around 183.0 rushing YPG (#7 in the SIAC). And with an RB in North's St. Louis, he will be a problem all night long. I think North can keep this game pretty close, passing will be challenging for them, as Reitz is #1 in passing defense. But..... Reitz is wanting the momentum to win that SIAC crown, give me the Panthers by 10 in this one 

Memorial at Mater Dei 

The Catholic Bowl is always a classic game over them the last 6 years, with Mater Dei winning in OT in 2016. Since then, Memorial has won 5 straight against their Catholic rivals being the favorites. Not this year though as the Tigers are coming into the Reitz Bowl as 10-point underdogs in a season full of injuries. Unlike their Catholic counterpart Mater Dei, who is aiming to go back to the state for the 2nd year in a row. These Wildcats are going to be feisty tomorrow tonight after losing to Vincennes last week in a back-and-forth game. But are still putting really good offensive numbers too, averaging around 400 YPG in offense and a very good passing attack led by QB Wunderlich. Defensively, Mater Dei is in the Top 5 for each category. While Memorial finally found the endzone last week against Central, after scoring an FG and a kick return for a TD in their first two games. And has looked shaky for the most part due to numerous factors. But that has changed, as their guys have almost returned in full, and with a solid rushing attack in Rodes, and some questions on the passing game. Mater Dei will likely win this one, but.......... give me the upset by Memorial winning by 3

I hate to be that guy.  But the Memorial RB’s last name is Rode, not Rodes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1