Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Friday Night Lights

BTF

Did ESPN really refer to Friday night's games as Friday Night Lights? It's bad enough that they are even playing on Friday nights, therefore competing with high schools for attendance. Now referring to their games as Friday Night Lights? It's one thing for the NCAA to be greedy, but not at the expense of high school football. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, BTF said:

Did ESPN really refer to Friday night's games as Friday Night Lights? It's bad enough that they are even playing on Friday nights, therefore competing with high schools for attendance. Now referring to their games as Friday Night Lights? It's one thing for the NCAA to be greedy, but not at the expense of high school football. 

This has long been a contention of mine. Colleges have six days to play games. WHY DO THEY PLAY ON FRIDAY NIGHTS? When Louisville was basically transitioning from a mid-major to a National player, they utilized these week night games to add looks and to bring in cash. I worked two games in the area during these Friday night games and the local high schools take a HUGE hit. HS have four maybe five nights a year to make their nut, and colleges taking one of those nights away is inexcusable in my opinion. 
I’ve spent the last 40 years of my life trying to help/give back/grow, however you want to say it to this game that means so much to so many, only to watch the colleges trample on it. Colleges and universities, Disney, Fox, ABC, etc, Friday nights should be off limits!

I’ll go one step further, I refuse to watch or listen any college games on Friday night. I realize it’s of no consequence to anyone, but given the current state of affairs, I think it’s time to take a stand. HS Football is TOO IMPORTANT. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

This has long been a contention of mine. Colleges have six days to play games. WHY DO THEY PLAY ON FRIDAY NIGHTS? When Louisville was basically transitioning from a mid-major to a National player, they utilized these week night games to add looks and to bring in cash. I worked two games in the area during these Friday night games and the local high schools take a HUGE hit. HS have four maybe five nights a year to make their nut, and colleges taking one of those nights away is inexcusable in my opinion. 
I’ve spent the last 40 years of my life trying to help/give back/grow, however you want to say it to this game that means so much to so many, only to watch the colleges trample on it. Colleges and universities, Disney, Fox, ABC, etc, Friday nights should be off limits!

I’ll go one step further, I refuse to watch or listen any college games on Friday night. I realize it’s of no consequence to anyone, but given the current state of affairs, I think it’s time to take a stand. HS Football is TOO IMPORTANT. 

Very well said. The problem is no one takes a stand. It's just too easy to give in to the status quo, whatever that may be. The NCAA should steer clear of Friday nights, there is no other stand to this. If someone disagrees with that, then they are accepting status quo not only on this subject, but probably in other areas of life in general. 

1 hour ago, PHJIrish said:

I agree with all, Friday night is high school football night!  The Pros and Colleges are now playing almost every night of the week, or so it seems, and they should leave Friday nights for the high schoolers!

NFL is currently over exposed. Obviously they’ll have huge numbers next weekend. Not so sure NCAA isn’t far behind. 

• Like 1