Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

KY #10 South Warren @ Gibson Southern

52 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I love it when a question answers itself. 🤣😂

I don’t think it did here

Like what is the problem if a player is all the way down by the endzone….if they are out of bounds and don’t interfere with the officiating crew or anyone working the game….there is nothing wrong with it…but it’s a rule for some reason.  

and to me…I just can’t see a reason for why you have to restrict a team to a certain area on the sidelines.

10 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Like what is the problem if a player is all the way down by the endzone….if they are out of bounds and don’t interfere with the officiating crew or anyone working the game….there is nothing wrong with it…but it’s a rule for some reason.  

and to me…I just can’t see a reason for why you have to restrict a team to a certain area on the sidelines.

Why do they put cattle in a corral?

Seriously, I never gave it much thought. I suppose one reason might be that it makes it easier to supervise the substitution process. 

Edited by Bobref
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Players and coaches can talk to players easier. The media needs an area to safely photo the field. They serve as defacto dividers between the two teams.

40 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Why do they put cattle in a corral?

Seriously, I never gave it much thought. I suppose one reason might be that it makes it easier to supervise the substitution process. 

I didn’t think about that aspect…but I didn’t sub in much 😅

that does seem like something logical and a good reason why though. 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

I didn’t think about that aspect…but I didn’t sub in much 😅

that does seem like something logical and a good reason why though. 

Another aspect, and actually the reason I’m hearing for not using it, the kids have to be supervised. Uniform players ONLY are allowed in the extended zone. No team personnel, trainers, coaches, etc. With that in mind my guess is you have team boxes in part to contain the players and thus limit supervisors. I would also assume at some point those ringside seats were for sale. It would make sense to limit the team’s area. Purely a guess on my part.