Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

OAK HILL

3 hours ago, Tippy said:

The biggest surprise for me so far this year is Oak Hill.  35-0 over Eastbrook.  

Oak Hill is a very solid team.  They’re very athletic and the defense is VERY good.  Eastbrook is down this year, they are just a young team.  That’s a shame, because they have one of the best football players I’ve seen in a while.  #24 is a great player on both sides of the ball.  I don’t think Oak Hill can play with the top teams in 3A, but they will make some noise in the tournament!

1 hour ago, Mongo said:

Oak Hill is a very solid team.  They’re very athletic and the defense is VERY good.  Eastbrook is down this year, they are just a young team.  That’s a shame, because they have one of the best football players I’ve seen in a while.  #24 is a great player on both sides of the ball.  I don’t think Oak Hill can play with the top teams in 3A, but they will make some noise in the tournament!

Tough to get out of that sectional.

Glad to see Oak Hill win that game after what happened after the two played last season.

We will see how things play out but it would seem likely to me that Oak Hill runs the table in the CIC now and enters the postseason undefeated.  Not sure who left on their schedule might be able to beat them as the traditional CIC powers haven't been too impressive so far.  

I'm still kind of surprised Oak Hill is now a 3A school.  Converse, Sweetser, and Swayzee (supposedly the only Swayzee in the world, btw) are not exactly hot beds of population growth.  Must be a lot of transfers from Marion.....................

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

I'm still kind of surprised Oak Hill is now a 3A school.  Converse, Sweetser, and Swayzee (supposedly the only Swayzee in the world, btw) are not exactly hot beds of population growth.  Must be a lot of transfers from Marion.....................

Only Swayzee in the world that is spelled the way it is. There has been a spike in enrollment at OH but these class sizes have been relatively the same size for awhile now. Also very little transfers from Marion from what I understand as well, and we are the smallest 3a in the state I think. 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Fbfan32 said:

There has been a spike in enrollment at OH but these class sizes have been relatively the same size for awhile now. Also very little transfers from Marion from what I understand as well, and we are the smallest 3a in the state I think. 

Thanks.  I have fond memories of my Mom taking my siblings and I to the Converse library to check out books.  Also took my driving test and got my first drivers license in Converse.  IIRC back then the DMV branch was open part-time, and it was in the back of a car dealership.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Thanks.  I have fond memories of my Mom taking my siblings and I to the Converse library to check out books.  Also took my driving test and got my first drivers license in Converse.  IIRC back then the DMV branch was open part-time, and it was in the back of a car dealership.

There used to be a place in Sweetser that served Walleye on Friday's but I never went. I've been through the only Swayzee in the World quite a few times. Home of 9 basketball overtimes. I gotta go.

swayzee.jpg

Edited by gonzoron