Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HCC Week #5

A huge week in determining the conference championship forthcoming.

What I perceive as the top four teams in the conference finally go head to head.

Lets start alphabetically:

Avon @ Franklin Central:  Sorry to keep dogging on the Orioles but this is once again an example of the past versus the future.  The Orioles could not stop Brownsburg last weekend in what has now turned into a lopsided rivalry.  The Flashes dropped a close one to Zionsvile.  One team struggles scoring but the other team cannot stop anybody.  The Oriole D is the medicine FC needs.  Franklin Central 27-20.

Brownsburg @ Fishers:  Two teams coming off rivalry contests with different results as a Brownsburg trucked Avon and Fishers dropped a heartbreaker to HSE.  All would be forgotten were the Tigers to knock off what many perceive as the top team in Indiana.  I think this one is going to come down to the wire and these games make Fishers dangerous in November.  Brownsburg 31-28.

Hamilton Southeastern @ Westfield:  Sorry BD/WC, this is the game of the week in Indiana.  This will be a true litmus test for the Royals to prove all of the offseason hype was warranted.  I could see a bit of a hangover here after the close overtime win over their rivals.  Not willing to stick my neck out too far I guess as I have been on record as saying I have to see Westfield lose a conference game before I believe someone else is ready to take the mantle.  Rocks hold ‘em off 23-21.

Noblesville @ Zionsville:  Perhaps I wrote the Millers’ obituary a bit prematurely as they gave Westfield all they could handle last weekend after getting blown out by Fishers the week prior.  This is my “upset” of the week.  Noblesville wins 27-21.

What say you?

Edited by temptation

I think you are being a bit too kind to Avon.  

F C  41

Avon  21

Brownsburg is indeed a "Top 4" team in the state.  They will play like it.

Bulldogs  31

Fishers     17

HSE had Westfield beat in Sectionals last year only to give up a last minute drive and a game winning FG. I think HSE will be ready and the Rocks just aren't the dynamic team this year.

Royals  24

Rocks   20

Zionsville will survive at home with their defense.

Eagles  27

Millers   20

Avon @ Franklin Central: I picked the Flashes to beat Zionsville last week. FC outgained the Eagles in yardage, but Zionsville easily one the Turnover battle. I'll take FC over Avon 31-15

Brownsburg @ Fishers: I watched the entire Mudsock game. GREAT game. Looking forward to a potential rematch in Sectional 3. Fishers has a very good run game with Minns, Martin, and Dunn. Martin is looking like a potential D1 recruit. I want to believe Fishers running game will burn enough clock to keep Brownsburg off the field enough for a Tigers upset at Home. I have a feeling Fishers will score some to keep it close and Brownsburg will pull away by the beginning of the 4th quarter. Brownsburg 34 Fishers 21

Hamilton Southeastern @ Westfield: The Rocks survived a scare after the Millers stopped them at the goal line late in the 4th, drove 99 yards for a TD, and Westfield stopped Noblesville's 2 point converstion attempt to win the game with under a minute left. I'm picking Westfield to carry that momentum into a home win as HSE has a post Mudsock letdown. Westfield 27 HSE 21

Noblesville @ Zionsville: The Millers put up one helluva fight against Westfield only to be denied on two 2nd half 2 point conversion attempts. The latter one came with Noblesville going for the win with less than a minute to go. The Millers had 346 rushing yards and 81 passing yards (2 TD's to standout TE Aiden Brewer) against the Westfield D. I haven't seen Zionsville yet so I'm going with a homer pick here. Noblesville will feed off the momentum gained against Westfield and knock off the Eagles. Millers 35 Zionsville 28.

On 9/13/2022 at 8:27 AM, Boilernation said:

Noblesville @ Zionsville: The Millers put up one helluva fight against Westfield only to be denied on two 2nd half 2 point conversion attempts. The latter one came with Noblesville going for the win with less than a minute to go. The Millers had 346 rushing yards and 81 passing yards (2 TD's to standout TE Aiden Brewer) against the Westfield D. I haven't seen Zionsville yet so I'm going with a homer pick here. Noblesville will feed off the momentum gained against Westfield and knock off the Eagles. Millers 35 Zionsville 28.

Last week was indeed a true competition vs Wfield, but having watched both games, I felt it wasn’t the same sort of game. Zville ran rough wild & only by their own mistakes was this not a blowout in the papers. One step @  time… & you’ll be fine.

On 9/16/2022 at 9:25 PM, Azi said:

Last week was indeed a true competition vs Wfield, but having watched both games, I felt it wasn’t the same sort of game. Zville ran rough wild & only by their own mistakes was this not a blowout in the papers. One step @  time… & you’ll be fine.

Wow, was not expecting that type of beatdown from Zionsville. Looking forward to seeing how they follow it up against HSE.

On 9/12/2022 at 12:54 PM, Staxawax said:

I think you are being a bit too kind to Avon.  

F C  41

Avon  21

Brownsburg is indeed a "Top 4" team in the state.  They will play like it.

Bulldogs  31

Fishers     17

HSE had Westfield beat in Sectionals last year only to give up a last minute drive and a game winning FG. I think HSE will be ready and the Rocks just aren't the dynamic team this year.

Royals  24

Rocks   20

Zionsville will survive at home with their defense.

Eagles  27

Millers   20

You almost had the Westfield/HSE score dead on. This loss was purely on Westfield. Too many penalties again. This is the most undisciplined Jake Gilbert team I've seen. Five of those penalties were personal fouls. Still, If Westfield doesn't gift HSE 17 points, they win this one. It was not a good night for QB Cole Ballard. Three turnovers. The first, a backward pass on the first play of the game, where it looked like Westfield was coming out with a halfback option pass. Unfortunately, the initial pass by Ballard hit the ground well in front of the back, and HSE recovered at the Westfield 10. That's 7 points. Early second half, Westfield on their own end, Ballard throws a pass right to an HSE defensive back, who runs it down to Westfield's eight yard line. They hold, but HSE still gets another gifted three points. Finally, after Westfield went from 14 down to just 7 down, they got a defensive stop, and got the ball back and had a chance to take their first lead of the game, Ballard, under pressure at his 40, throws a short pass that goes right to an HSE defender, who had a clear 45 yard path to the end zone. Two point conversion failed, so Westfield trails by 13. Westfield comes right back and scores again with about 1:20 to go and has all timeouts, so now down just 6. The onside kick fails and HSE runs out the clock.

Tough one this Friday at Brownsburg, who may have the best team in 6A. I still say that New Pal is the best team Westfield has faced. That's no knock on HSE. New Pal is that good.

• Like 1