Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 8

9 minutes ago, MHSTigerFan said:

The two pieces of info we can glean from those pictures are that (a) Hunt did go airborne, and (b) the ball hit the pylon from the inside.

But we don’t know whether or not his foot touched the sideline or if the ball crossed the sideline plane before doing so.  If it did, it was down at that point.

Yeah, I have no idea whether it was a TD. My issue is that official left himself open to criticism because he wasn’t where he should have been. He let the play go past him and then trailed it. That’s the correct technique at the 50 yd. line, but not at the goal line.

5 hours ago, Bobref said:

Yeah, I have no idea whether it was a TD. My issue is that official left himself open to criticism because he wasn’t where he should have been. He let the play go past him and then trailed it. That’s the correct technique at the 50 yd. line, but not at the goal line.

If the official said he stepped out, why would the ball have not been spotted there. Why was the ball spotted at the half yard line? Either way, touchdown or not, Lincoln really blew this game and the vincennes faithful will say if not for costly errors, they'd be 7-1. However, they now have Jasper,  in my opinion, a game that doesn't matter whatsoever,  then they have #2 Gibson Southern on the road. Gonna be a fun few weeks on highway 41

1 hour ago, TheMole said:

If the official said he stepped out, why would the ball have not been spotted there. Why was the ball spotted at the half yard line? Either way, touchdown or not, Lincoln really blew this game and the vincennes faithful will say if not for costly errors, they'd be 7-1. However, they now have Jasper,  in my opinion, a game that doesn't matter whatsoever,  then they have #2 Gibson Southern on the road. Gonna be a fun few weeks on highway 41

If my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.

• Haha 2

For me it was a no doubter that Hunt touched the pylon inbounds..17-14 VL lead at that point.

But from there, I still feel like Memorial eeks out a win based on the proceeding events in the 4th q.  Just the beautiful rainbow from Fisher to Ellsperman alone is the difference in the game. And that has nothing to do with a Lincoln blunder, just a great play.