Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Late season state championship contenders (and my predictions)

2 hours ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

despite all of that talent, if you took Brady off of that team, they probably don’t even make it to LOS and there is no way I can be convinced they would have beat Brebeuf without Brady….we were at the game…anyone else who was there knows too.

The wrench I'll throw into this just for fun discussion:

GS wouldn't be running the "BA Offense" as it ultimately ended last November without a BA-type of QB.  It is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison to the current (and prototypical) GS offense, which I don't think many would say is an offense that can't be successful all the way to LOS.  If you forced BA to run the 2012-17 or 2022 offense only... I'd argue strongly that they'd have a tough go at making it to LOS.  What I mean is, if you tried to fit a round peg in a square hole it won't fit, and vice-versa. 

TL;DR version: Taking the talent of a BA-type QB and putting it into different skill sets wouldn't preclude a trip to (or win at) LOS. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, temptation said:

So what do you place Warren’s odds at in two weeks?

I haven't seen Warren play this year so hard for me to say, sounds like they've had some issues.  I would think they fare better than Chatard just because they're more capable of matching speed.  Chatard is slow this year, and when those boys got to the perimeter, no one was catching them.  Maybe Warren can keep it close in a shoot out?  I'd be shocked if CBC scored less than 40 points.  Or maybe Chatard is just that bad this year...

1 hour ago, Esso Ayche said:

The wrench I'll throw into this just for fun discussion:

GS wouldn't be running the "BA Offense" as it ultimately ended last November without a BA-type of QB.  It is a bit of an apples to oranges comparison to the current (and prototypical) GS offense, which I don't think many would say is an offense that can't be successful all the way to LOS.  If you forced BA to run the 2012-17 or 2022 offense only... I'd argue strongly that they'd have a tough go at making it to LOS.  What I mean is, if you tried to fit a round peg in a square hole it won't fit, and vice-versa. 

TL;DR version: Taking the talent of a BA-type QB and putting it into different skill sets wouldn't preclude a trip to (or win at) LOS. 

Strong points and fair ones.  However my point is more that despite pretty much everything going right for GS last year….it took a monumental effort from BA as well as the entire team and coaching staff to pull off that comeback to beat Brebeuf

Brebeuf was a 4A school by enrollment last year and beat the likes of Chatard, New Pal, Webo, Norwell….undefeated West Lafayette, and undefeated Mish Marian.  Their 2 losses were Cathedral (fair lol) and Roncalli 28-10 with the game being 7-3 at half. 

to me they were just such an unbelievable good team who played probably the toughest schedule of anyone in 3A….unless GS had a different QB who was a true dual threat and also a Top 10 QB in the country….I just don’t think it would have happened. 

Like….come on guys…..GS had Mr Football on their team putting up arguably the best QB season in state history by throwing for like 4200 yards with 58tds and 6 INTs lol….including 400 yards and 5 TDs in the title game. Just silly numbers 

i feel like I can’t be in the minority here for this opinion lol  

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2022 at 12:41 PM, Esso Ayche said:

I'm trying to figure out if LB is good... or not. 

What's up with Almanac Sports?  Do they have Lawrenceburg and Rushville in the wrong divisions?

image.thumb.jpeg.3f111903bf7871bfa199bcddec0acf5a.jpeg

L-Burg is not the same team of the past few seasons. Yes, they still have lots of dudes and good o-line play to potentially win a sectional. But I wouldn't count on them to go past that. Young team this season. 

They are in the "Big School Division" of the EIAC along with Franklin County, East Central, and Connersville. With South Dearborn, Greensburg, Batesville, and Rushville in the "Small School Division".