Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

First CFP Rankings

temptation

20 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

USC is going to have to score 50 points in each of those games to have a prayer. USC defense is absolutely atrocious.

As much as we can theorize that the Committe will try to put 2 SEC teams in, I have a feeling they'll try avoiding 2 Big Ten teams. Oregon has to have zero chance due to the Georgia loss. I can easily see USC having a chance if they can just find a way to beat UCLA, ND, and Oregon. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, temptation said:

Can you honestly put a 2 loss LSU in over a 1 loss Tennessee when the Vols mudstomped them in Death Valley?

I really hate this scenario; however, IMO, you have to put LSU in if they win the SEC. I have a feeling scenarios like the above are going to be extremely frequent when the field expands. We could end up often seeing a National Chamption with at least 1 suspect loss.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Bobref said:

He was the poster boy for it. Here’s a tantrum he threw over a famous no call in the Michigan game in 1977. This is the play that got Jerry Markbreit into the NFL. As an aside, the intended receiver on the play was Dick Wakefield, who was a boyhood friend of mine in Avon Lake, OH. This was, perhaps, Woody’s greatest performance. He hated Michigan with a passion. Wouldn’t even say the word. Just referred to them as “that school up North.” Legend has it that he was on a recruiting visit “up North” and ran out of gas on the return trip. He pushed his pickup truck until he crossed the state line so he wouldn’t have to buy gas in Michigan. In case you can’t tell, this was the Michigan broadcast.

Wow. I like the way he he ripped apart each one of the chain markers. That was efficient. I'm assuming that was an Ohio State play by play announcer considering he the way he justifies Woody's behavior.

2 hours ago, Boilernation said:

As much as we can theorize that the Committe will try to put 2 SEC teams in, I have a feeling they'll try avoiding 2 Big Ten teams. Oregon has to have zero chance due to the Georgia loss. I can easily see USC having a chance if they can just find a way to beat UCLA, ND, and Oregon. 

I think two is a near certainty at this point unless Tennessee loses to South Carolina somehow.  The question is THREE.  If LSU gets past UGA in the SEC title game (should it happen) buckle up.

Once again, you CANNOT put LSU in WITHOUT Tenneseee.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, temptation said:

I think two is a near certainty at this point unless Tennessee loses to South Carolina somehow.  The question is THREE.  If LSU gets past UGA in the SEC title game (should it happen) buckle up.

No need to worry about three. LSU isn't beating Georgia. So Georgia and Tennessee is a given. If Michigan/Ohio State is close, then both those teams make it. So there's your Final Four. I don't see TCU winning out and I certainly don't see Oregon jumping a one loss OSU/Mich team as long as that game is decided by ten points or less. This year's playoff SCREAMS Big Ten vs SEC. 

1 minute ago, BTF said:

No need to worry about three. LSU isn't beating Georgia. So Georgia and Tennessee is a given. If Michigan/Ohio State is close, then both those teams make it. So there's your Final Four. I don't see TCU winning out and I certainly don't see Oregon jumping a one loss OSU/Mich team as long as that game is decided by ten points or less. This year's playoff SCREAMS Big Ten vs SEC. 

Hope you’re right.  Fear you’re wrong.  

History could very likely repeat itself.  Georgia was locked in last year heading into the SEC title game…Bama needed to win.

Same scenario would be present for LSU this year and the conspiracy theorist in me thinks the zebras would help out.

Michigan/OSU have been in this situation before (2006 and 2016) and both times (42-39/30-27) the loser went home.

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

Hope you’re right.  Fear you’re wrong.  

History could very likely repeat itself.  Georgia was locked in last year heading into the SEC title game…Bama needed to win.

Same scenario would be present for LSU this year and the conspiracy theorist in me thinks the zebras would help out.

Michigan/OSU have been in this situation before (2006 and 2016) and both times (42-39/30-27) the loser went home.

If LSU goes down to Georgia, who in their right mind puts Oregon over Michigan or Ohio State. Now if one embarrasses the other in that game, then we can make a case for Oregon. USC could make things interesting if they win out, but they barely beat some teams that are average at best. In my opinion, Big Ten vs SEC is an easy decision this year.....................unless TCU wins out, which I don't think they will. 

You make a good point about Georgia being locked in last year before the SEC championship. They learned their lesson and LSU will be the victim. On the flip side of that, Brian Kelly is EASILY one of the best four coaches in the country. Idiot LSU fans who were calling for his head earlier in the season will soon find this out. It would be dangerous to dismiss a Brian Kelly led LSU team, but I think he's a year or two away. He won championships at Grand Valley State, he won the MAC at Eastern Michigan, he led Cincinnati to an undefeated season, and he took a program with high academic standards to the national championship and two Final Fours. He'll get his national title at LSU, but it won't be this year at the expense of the Bulldogs. 

10 minutes ago, BTF said:

If LSU goes down to Georgia, who in their right mind puts Oregon over Michigan or Ohio State. Now if one embarrasses the other in that game, then we can make a case for Oregon. USC could make things interesting if they win out, but they barely beat some teams that are average at best. In my opinion, Big Ten vs SEC is an easy decision this year.....................unless TCU wins out, which I don't think they will. 

You make a good point about Georgia being locked in last year before the SEC championship. They learned their lesson and LSU will be the victim. On the flip side of that, Brian Kelly is EASILY one of the best four coaches in the country. Idiot LSU fans who were calling for his head earlier in the season will soon find this out. It would be dangerous to dismiss a Brian Kelly led LSU team, but I think he's a year or two away. He won championships at Grand Valley State, he won the MAC at Eastern Michigan, he led Cincinnati to an undefeated season, and he took a program with high academic standards to the national championship and two Final Fours. He'll get his national title at LSU, but it won't be this year at the expense of the Bulldogs. 

What lesson did they learn?  That the SEC title game was a formality to them and ultimately didn’t matter in the long run?

I dislike Kelly but you are spot on in your assessment of his coaching ability.

Edited by temptation

59 minutes ago, temptation said:

What lesson did they learn?  That the SEC title game was a formality to them and ultimately didn’t matter in the long run?

I dislike Kelly but you are spot on in your assessment of his coaching ability.

Good point, they were in regardless. 

On 11/7/2022 at 11:40 AM, temptation said:

I disagree.

Tennessee will get shafted if LSU wins the SEC championship, unless the OSU/UM game is a total blowout. I think SEC championship in this scenario trumps H2H. Doesn't make it right but I just don't see three SEC teams making it to the playoffs. 

19 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I disagree.

Tennessee will get shafted if LSU wins the SEC championship, unless the OSU/UM game is a total blowout. I think SEC championship in this scenario trumps H2H. Doesn't make it right but I just don't see three SEC teams making it to the playoffs. 

Why play the games then?

Tennessee THROTTLED LSU and even beat Bama by a larger margin.

The results HAVE to matter or else it’s all a sham.

15 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

You would think. 

I’d say the same thing regardless of the result but a 1 loss UM/OSU (in a close game) is more deserving than any third SEC school or the Pac 12 champion.

FWIW, Michigan is now sitting at a 51% chance to make the CFP at 11-1 according to ESPN’s simulator…hadn’t  been above 20 percent prior to this week.