Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Travel Time and It’s Effect On IHSAA Semi-State Outcomes

8 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

At the end of the day it's a Jimmy's and Joe's thing. I could see the home team having the slight advantage if both teams were on equal footing, but at the end of the day a 2 hour bus ride isn't going to negate a night and day talent disparity

Most semi-state matchups are thought to be competitive contests based on them being the final four teams left, no?

I would not go as far to say “equal footing” but we aren’t talking Dugger vs Lutheran here.

7 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Dude wants to argue a fact that nearly every head coach will concede but can't properly read a post . FYI Tempster , It was 1 head coach in 3 years, Wally was an Assistant coach . And high school used to be 10-12 . 

Nobody said it would . 

So ONE coaching STAFF, lol?

Sounds like you played for some excuse makers.

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Because (it is of my opinion) that HSE is a much better football team than Carroll. And I mean that in the least disrespectful way possible. 

Just wondering if you seen Carroll play is all.

Here is the post Tempster , Please see the MULTIPLE INTERVIEW part .

Was fortunate to play for 2 HOF coaches in Chris Geesman and Wally Yeoman . Seen multiple interviews by Legendary HOF coaches Russ Isaacs( Snider), Mark Hoffman(Valpo) and Dick Dullaghan (Ben Davis) spanning multiple decades . Every time one of these teams traveled 1 1/2 - 2 hrs to play a deep playoff game or in some cases regular season , it was almost always mentioned . If long travel times didn't mean anything , I doubt any of these coaches would mention it . I believe long travel times add an extra element for coaches to get the players ready to play . 

8 minutes ago, BTF said:

Just wondering if you seen Carroll play is all.

I watched the telecast replay against Jeff. Wasn’t impressed. Jeff wins that game if it weren’t for brutal coaching and terrible clock management. 

I’ve seen HSE play. I know the caliber of opponents that HSE has played all year and throughout the tournament. It’s night and day better than what Carroll has seen and Carroll will not present a challenge that will overwhelm HSE. HSE should be able to do what they want, when they want offensively and their defense will present a tough challenge for Carroll.

But time will tell and that is ultimately why they play the game.

Edited by Footballking16

10 minutes ago, temptation said:

So ONE coaching STAFF, lol?

Sounds like you played for some excuse makers.

So your saying all 5 coaches are excuse makers ?

Just now, Footballking16 said:

I watched the telecast replay against Jeff. Wasn’t impressed. Jeff wins that game if it weren’t for brutal coaching and terrible clock management. 

I’ve seen HSE play. I know the caliber of opponents that HSE has played all year and through the tournament. It’s night and day better than what Carroll has seen. HSE should be able to do what they want, when they want offensively and their defense will present a tough challenge for Carroll.

I've seen Cathedral and Carroll first hand . Carroll looked like the better team to me . 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I’ve seen HSE play. I know the caliber of opponents that HSE has played all year and through the tournament. It’s night and day better than what Carroll has seen. HSE should be able to do what they want, when they want offensively and their defense will present a tough challenge for Carroll.

Carroll fell asleep on the way down, right Temp?

I won't go as far to say that Snider and North Side are among the best five teams in the state..................yet. But "night and day" is stretching it a bit I think.

5 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

I've seen Cathedral and Carroll first hand . Carroll looked like the better team to me . 

I’m saying that it’s an overused idiom.  

Coach speak if you will.

The resumes of those coaches speak for themselves but this nonsense has been accepted as fact despite being immeasurable and having no actual supporting data.

I provide relevant data and you still won’t concede.

1 minute ago, BTF said:

I won't go as far to say that Snider and North Side are among the best five teams in the state..................yet. But "night and day" is stretching it a bit I think.

No, the HCC was the second best conference in the state that year and Noblesville had been battle tested and was much better than their record indicated.

Nothing more, nothing less.

1 minute ago, BTF said:

It's been 2+ months since Carroll has seen Snider and North Side. 

11 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Wow, can’t wait to revisit this one Saturday morning.

So you saw Cathedral in week 3 in Mishawaka and saw Carroll maul your Kingsmen on Halloween weekend.

Now I get it.  It all makes sense now.

Edited by temptation

3 minutes ago, temptation said:

No, the HCC was the second best conference in the state that year and Noblesville had been battle tested and was much better than their record indicated.

Nothing more, nothing less.

I can live with that. 

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

It's been 2+ months since Carroll has seen Snider and North Side. 

Good point. 

12 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Ah the transitive property ehh? Cathedral beats Penn by 14 and Carroll beats Penn by 28 so therefore Carroll is better. Is that how it works?

What about the running clock Cathedral implemented on Lafayette Jeff earlier in the year? The same Lafayette Jeff team who beats Carroll if the coach isn't throwing the ball inside the 10 yard line with a minute left in the game down 1 point. 

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Ah the transitive property ehh? Cathedral beats Penn by 14 and Carroll beats Penn by 28 so therefore Carroll is better. Is that how it works?

Not trying to be a dick here, but it only seems to work if someone from Central Indiana is pushing the narrative. 

5 minutes ago, BTF said:

You'll be at Piratefan's secret hideout by 2am. I don't plan on seeing you here. 

I own it either way.

I screwed up badly on Gibson Southern…showed up the next morning.

I whiffed on Westfield…still here.

Called Fort Wayne North to make a surprise run to Lucas Oil…(raises hand).

Countless examples.  A firm believer that if you’re willing to put your opinions out there, you’ve gotta take the good with the bad.

Passionate about the sport but at the end of the day it’s just a game…like checkers.

Nothing said here matters.

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

What about the running clock Cathedral implemented on Lafayette Jeff earlier in the year? The same Lafayette Jeff team who beats Carroll if the coach isn't throwing the ball inside the 10 yard line with a minute left in the game down 1 point. 

Don’t run a good narrative with facts now.

Edited by temptation

2 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Just saying Penn moved the ball on Cathedral , Carroll"s D played lights out . 

Just now, BTF said:

Not trying to be a dick here, but it only seems to work if someone from Central Indiana is pushing the narrative. 

That was tongue in cheek. I think the transitive property is an absolute terrible way to compare two teams. But if you're going to use it to make a comparison, at least use all the available data.

9 minutes ago, temptation said:

Wow, can’t wait to revisit this one Saturday morning.

So you saw Cathedral in week 3 in Mishawaka and saw Carroll maul your Kingsmen on Halloween weekend.

Now I get it.  It all makes sense now.

Why cant you wait till Saturday ? I thought you wanted a team from the North to win ?? And yes Carroll took Penn behind the woodshed . Who was your school again ??? LOL