Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Travel Time and It’s Effect On IHSAA Semi-State Outcomes

2 hours ago, Footballking16 said:

Point being Cathedral still won by 2 scores. Measuring final scores 2 months apart between common opponents is a terrible way to compare teams. 

Don't know who you are referring to , but I didn't measure the final scores . I measured my eye test , Cathedral offense came out flat , the defense allowed Penn to move the ball in the first half . Could this of been caused by the 2+ hr drive ? I say it's very possible , but the Almighty Temptster says it's impossible . Carroll on the other hand was very stingy on defense , did not allow Penn to sustain any drives the entire game. The Carroll offense can score quickly ( Like Cathedral).  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, PDB26 said:

I don't know about naming their score, but I'd give them 28. Maybe that's splitting hairs. The thing about Penn is it is (almost) always about how long can the defense hold up.

That's a real short list; Warren Central, Cathedral, Homestead are the only ones that come to mind.

Travel is something for coaches to manage whether it's across town or across the state. I don't really buy into it having measurable adverse effects so long as it's managed appropriately. 

I suppose you could cram onto a short bus with all the gear and take a three hour trip, but I don't think that's really what we're talking about here. 

Tempster reminds me of that little boy who has no problem dishing it , but as soon as he has to take it , he runs and cry's to mommy. He has no problem letting us know when our schools take a butt whipping because he knows he'll never get anything in return . And that's why he doesn't list his Alma Mater . 

Fwiw coach tippman gave an interview tonight on the radio n when asked about their travel last week.."2 hours are 2 hours"..he stated the panthers mentally were prepped yet physically had a few miscues which led to their 1st half demise..the reporter tried to pry it out of him n he wouldn't cave on the travel topic..very diplomatic..way to go coach!

1 hour ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Tempster reminds me of that little boy who has no problem dishing it , but as soon as he has to take it , he runs and cry's to mommy. He has no problem letting us know when our schools take a butt whipping because he knows he'll never get anything in return . And that's why he doesn't list his Alma Mater . 

I’m right here dude.  My alma mater hung 57 on yours a couple of decades ago…and it could have been 100 if they wanted.

@Bobref, you agree?

Edited by temptation

7 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Yeah, how many bathroom stops did they have to make?  Those are terrible with groups.  All you need is for those who have to pee to get off the bus and do their business, but inevitably the # of people who now has to pee goes up like 50%, you now have those who want to get off the bus to "stretch their legs", visit the convenience store, vending machines, etc.    All of a sudden it is like herding cats.

Depends??

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Justasportsfan said:

Fwiw coach tippman gave an interview tonight on the radio n when asked about their travel last week.."2 hours are 2 hours"..he stated the panthers mentally were prepped yet physically had a few miscues which led to their 1st half demise..the reporter tried to pry it out of him n he wouldn't cave on the travel topic..very diplomatic..way to go coach!

Winner.

1 hour ago, temptation said:

I’m right here dude.  My alma mater hung 57 on yours a couple of decades ago…and it could have been 100 if they wanted.

@Bobref, you agree?

10 minutes ago, Bobref said:

You a Warrior?

And it was only 19 years ago! 😂

I don’t know about a hundy, but they definitely took their foot off the gas after halftime.

11 hours ago, temptation said:

@Bobref, you agree?

No need to ask Bobref, I was there as well .Bobref probably got tired of trying to run with DT .  See how easy that was to list your Alma Mater . Aren't you proud to be a Warrior ?

Edited by GOLDRUSH1985

2 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

No need to ask Bobref, I was there as well .Bobref probably got tired of trying to run with DT .  See how easy that was to list your Alma Mater . Aren't you proud to be a Warrior ?

Some days.  Don’t live on past glory though.

Any more jabs today?

4 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

See now why would you say that ? You don't need to live on past glory to be proud to be a Warrior . I'm proud of my Alma Mater because Academically it is in the top 5-10% of all Indiana schools.

I mean, it’s HIGH SCHOOL.  If you are still boasting about accomplishments/stories from your high school days, you haven’t accomplished much since.

13 minutes ago, temptation said:

I mean, it’s HIGH SCHOOL.  If you are still boasting about accomplishments/stories from your high school days, you haven’t accomplished much since.

I guess that's your opinion , because I have a couple personal friend's that are multi millionaire business owners and I myself make a decent wage as a GM . We all talk about playing days on occasion, It's called memories . I'm not sure what else we should accomplish . 

18 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

I guess that's your opinion , because I have a couple personal friend's that are multi millionaire business owners and I myself make a decent wage as a GM . We all talk about playing days on occasion, It's called memories . I'm not sure what else we should accomplish . 

Reminiscing and boasting are not the same.

20 hours ago, Wildcat1992 said:

Pretty simple.  You stop one time (at a rest stop preferably) to do an organized stretch/jog/etc.  and you tell the players to go to the bathroom and that's it.  No buying junk food, etc.  If an a 15-18 year old can't pee before they leave and then has to go more than once in a 3 hour road trip he's got problems.

If you are on a Charter Bus you don't need to stop for a bathroom break. There is a toilet on the bus to be used.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Temp , lets be serious for a moment . You caps locked high school and talk about accomplishments . You freaking live on a HIGH SCHOOL message board . You constantly try to debunk someone's Stats , Opinions etc as if your opinion is the only one that matters. You'll spend as long as it takes to research , make spreadsheets(LOL) , and just about anything to prove someone's post is wrong . Once again , in your opinion . And you do rankings on here , which would take hours of time collecting data. I would not have the time do do all that , as I have a full time job and family(grandkids) . Was wondering your Accomplishments since high school . 

8 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Temp , lets be serious for a moment . You caps locked high school and talk about accomplishments . You freaking live on a HIGH SCHOOL message board . You constantly try to debunk someone's Stats , Opinions etc as if your opinion is the only one that matters. You'll spend as long as it takes to research , make spreadsheets(LOL) , and just about anything to prove someone's post is wrong . Once again , in your opinion . And you do rankings on here , which would take hours of time collecting data. I would not have the time do do all that , as I have a full time job and family(grandkids) . Was wondering your Accomplishments since high school . 

Love the sport and high school athletics in general.  It’s the purest form of competition out there in my opinion.

Not sure what this has to do with accomplishments but I’m doing okay in life.

We are all here for similar reasons…don’t overthink it just because I like to put numbers to people’s claims and hypothesis.

Its healthy debate…for the most part.

I remember that when I played sports and had a long bus ride, for many it was nap time. Don't forget that it gets dark earlier right now, so sleeping is easier.

Does this possibly mean that the long-traveling team actually has an advantage due to extra rest, opposed to the home team, in which the players were probably hanging out with their buddies and teammates before the game? 

18 hours ago, Basementbias said:

Not sure travel has had much to with my Flying Jets struggles. We are what 2-12 and hopefully can make it 3-12 Friday night or we can be 2-13. Ran into some Pioneer, LCC, & Sheridan buzzsaws before to name a few.

Yeah, the favorite often seems to come from that Pioneer, Sheridan, LCC semi-state, and often times they've already beaten one of the other named teams on the way, and are battle tested to boot. At one point Seeger was really good and was in that group as well, although that's been a good 15 years. Pioneer kept losing before semi-state due to the combination of the Seeger, LCC, and Sheridan buzzsaw until the Kiser era.

1 hour ago, AG said:

Yeah, the favorite often seems to come from that Pioneer, Sheridan, LCC semi-state, and often times they've already beaten one of the other named teams on the way, and are battle tested to boot. At one point Seeger was really good and was in that group as well, although that's been a good 15 years. Pioneer kept losing before semi-state due to the combination of the Seeger, LCC, and Sheridan buzzsaw until the Kiser era.

Seeger gave us the worst feeling from a loss in 2003 as well. Up 21-0 @ half and lost 22-21 after settling for a FG that was missed. At the time, the best RB in school history (2 after him could say they are possibly) could have punched it in and sealed the deal for a state trip. Instead it was another semi state loss & that one was heartbreaking. 

19 minutes ago, Basementbias said:

Seeger gave us the worst feeling from a loss in 2003 as well. Up 21-0 @ half and lost 22-21 after settling for a FG that was missed. At the time, the best RB in school history (2 after him could say they are possibly) could have punched it in and sealed the deal for a state trip. Instead it was another semi state loss & that one was heartbreaking. 

Was the kicker talented, or just average? Kinda sounds like a Seahawks Superbowl situation to me.