Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

IFCA Top 50, Senior, Junior All State

On 12/9/2022 at 6:54 PM, npcougar15 said:

I know Indiana has open enrollment and I doubt a kid would drive from Indianapolis to Nappanee every day just for football purposes (which doesn't make sense anyways for someone with an SEC offer already). But isn't it a little odd for a high school student to announce they are "transferring". I just find that verbiage a little off putting at the high school level. 

His family is either moving or there has been a family situation that has changed.  Either way, the term transferring is correct.  What other term would you suggest?

21 minutes ago, Punttheball said:

His family is either moving or there has been a family situation that has changed.  Either way, the term transferring is correct.  What other term would you suggest?

Move-in

To me, the term transfer at the HS level implies that a player switches schools without a change of address.

Charlie Spegal comes to mind. He moved into New Pal.

2 hours ago, Punttheball said:

I totally understand his family is moving or a change of address is happening for the young man; not disputing that. Not disputing that this is 100% in compliance with the IHSAA and I'm not insinuating anything in the slightest happened behind closed doors here.

But words matter; and the term "transfer" implies no changing of physical address. It also implies changing schools for athletic purposes and maybe some recruiting was involved. Again not saying that this is what happened here in the slightest. And when you go on twitter and announce you are "transferring" and refer a schools football team it can be misinterpreted by some. "I'm moving", "move-in", "excited to be in the _______ community" or hell not saying anything at all (like we did for the first 100 years of high school athletics) would be more appropriate terms at the high school level. 

40 minutes ago, npcougar15 said:

I totally understand his family is moving or a change of address is happening for the young man; not disputing that. Not disputing that this is 100% in compliance with the IHSAA and I'm not insinuating anything in the slightest happened behind closed doors here.

But words matter; and the term "transfer" implies no changing of physical address. It also implies changing schools for athletic purposes and maybe some recruiting was involved. Again not saying that this is what happened here in the slightest. And when you go on twitter and announce you are "transferring" and refer a schools football team it can be misinterpreted by some. "I'm moving", "move-in", "excited to be in the _______ community" or hell not saying anything at all (like we did for the first 100 years of high school athletics) would be more appropriate terms at the high school level. 

I'm sure it is a trickle down from colleges.  I doubt the kids know anyone cares about how it is worded.  But I'm pretty sure transfer by definition means to move from one place to another.