Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2023 Conference Indiana (what's left of it)

Terre Haute South 22 Northview 14 (half)

The Knights scored with about one minute left in the half after the Braves had grabbed a two TD lead on two long pass plays. Defenses for both teams gave up a lot of yards in the first half. 

Terre Haute South 29 Northview 20 (end of 3rd)

The Braves scored late in the 3rd on a pass play and then gave up a long kickoff return which set the Knights up at the 21-yard line of the Braves, which set up a QB keeper for the score. The Knights were doing absolutely nothing on offense until the long kickoff return. They went for two and were stuffed at about the one-yard line. 

Edited by ptr

Terre Haute South 36 Northview 27 (final)

The long kickoff return at the end of the 3rd with the score, seemed to pump new life in Northview's offense and they went on a long drive in the 4th and scored with the aid of a face mask penalty on the drive to pull within two at the 8:05 mark, but that would be it. The Braves would seal the win with a TD with just 1:22 left in the game. 

It's the first loss of the season for Northview, and I have to think that the Braves' much tougher schedule showed itself tonight in their 2nd win of the season. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

well snider lost. new #1 in 5a. hard to imagine it will be bhsn but . I don't think j they are legitimately #1 but so aren't a lot of poll #1's

I have to believe that South would have won that game against the Cougars if not for the bad snaps. The Cougars got 10 of their 17 points in regulation after a series by South that included snaps over the head, including one that pinned them against their own goal line setting up an easy score for the Cougars after a punt from the back of the end zone. But that's football and mistakes are a big part of it.

The Panthers had their left guard go down in the 1st qtr against Southport, and it appeared to be an ankle issue. He had to hop off the field with help while keeping his right leg elevated. 

• Like 1

Pick'em results for Week 6:

ptr (3-1) - 18-3

LC_Bears_04 (4-0) - 17-4

Frozen Tundra (3-1) - 17-4

Bulldog15 (3-1) - 16-5

MuleDriver (2-2) - 14-7

THPD262 (4-0) - 13-2 (Weeks 3 thru 6)

Week 7 games:

Bloomington South @ Columbus North

Columbus East @ Bloomington North

Brebeuf Jesuit @ Terre Haute South

Terre Haute North @ Southport

My picks for Week 7:

Bloomington South @ Columbus North - This will be a competitive game and despite it being on the road, South is the more experienced team. I see at 10-14 point win on the road for the Panthers. 

Columbus East @ Bloomington North - The Olympians are having another down season and just lost to Floyd Central 28-3 at home. I can't see them going to North and winning there. There's a good chance that North could finish the regular season at 9-0. I see North winning by 3-4 TDs.

Brebeuf Jesuit  @ Terre Haute South - The Patriots are coming off a much-needed win over previously unbeaten Northview, but Brebeuf is another one of those solid parochial schools out of the Indy area. Brebeuf is coming off of a 16-point win over a good Roncalli team, and their two losses are to Chatard and Guerin Catholic who have a combined 10-2 record. I see Brebeuf winning this game by at least 3 TDs. 

Terre Haute North @ Southport - This is a showdown over who can come up with their first win of the season and probably their only win of the season. The Cardinals have lost big in every game this season, but they have at least scored (20 points against Roncalli) in all of those games until they were shutout for the first time by the South Panthers this past Friday. The Patriots can't say that, having been shutout in three games this season so far. I'm going with the Cardinals as the home team by 10-14 points. 

Edited by ptr

On 9/23/2023 at 5:54 PM, ptr said:

Pick'em results for Week 6:

ptr (3-1) - 18-3

LC_Bears_04 (4-0) - 17-4

Frozen Tundra (3-1) - 17-4

Bulldog15 (3-1) - 16-5

MuleDriver (2-2) - 14-7

THPD262 (4-0) - 13-2 (Weeks 3 thru 6)

Week 7 games:

Bloomington South @ Columbus North

Columbus East @ Bloomington North

Brebeuf Jesuit @ Terre Haute South

Terre Haute North @ Southport

Bloomington South

Bloomington North

Brebeuf

Southport

23 hours ago, ptr said:

Brebeuf Jesuit  @ Terre Haute South - The Patriots are coming off a much-needed win over previously unbeaten Northview, but Brebeuf is another one of those solid parochial schools out of the Indy area. Brebeuf is coming off of a 16-point win over a good Roncalli team, and their two losses are to Chatard and Guerin Catholic who have a combined 10-2 record. I see Brebeuf winning this game by at least 3 TDs. 

A minor correction on my picks. I referred to TH South as the Patriots instead of the Braves. I thought I would go ahead and make the correction in case any Braves fans get heartburn over calling them the Patriots. 

On 9/23/2023 at 9:50 AM, MuleDriver said:

well snider lost. new #1 in 5a. hard to imagine it will be bhsn but . I don't think j they are legitimately #1 but so aren't a lot of poll #1's

In the coaches 5A poll, North has moved into the No. 1 position followed by Snider at No. 2, and South is third. I assume the AP poll will probably be similar. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Even with Snider’s loss, I still think they’re the best team in 5A. 

You may be correct. The playoffs will take care of any debate on it. To be honest, I don't think North is better that South, and there's a good chance they may meet again in the sectionals. 

42 minutes ago, ptr said:

You may be correct. The playoffs will take care of any debate on it. To be honest, I don't think North is better that South, and there's a good chance they may meet again in the sectionals. 

If they get drawn to opposite sides of the bracket, I highly doubt Seymour or Columbus East will stand in the way of a Bloomington North and Bloomington South showdown in the sectional championship.

Pick'em results for Week 7:

ptr (3-1) - 21-4

LC_Bears_04 (3-1) - 20-5

Frozen Tundra (3-1) - 20-5

Bulldog15 (3-1) - 19-6

MuleDriver (1-3) - 15-10

THPD262 (3-1) - 16-3 (Weeks 3 thru 7)

Week 8 games:

Bloomington South @ Brebeuf Jesuit

Columbus North @ Bloomington North

Terre Haute North @ Guerin Catholic

Southport @ Terre Haute South

10 hours ago, ptr said:
Pick'em results for Week 7:

ptr (3-1) - 21-4

LC_Bears_04 (3-1) - 20-5

Frozen Tundra (3-1) - 20-5

Bulldog15 (3-1) - 19-6

MuleDriver (1-3) - 15-10

THPD262 (3-1) - 16-3 (Weeks 3 thru 7)

Week 8 games:

Bloomington South @ Brebeuf Jesuit

Columbus North @ Bloomington North

Terre Haute North @ Guerin Catholic

Southport @ Terre Haute South

Bloomington South

Bloomington North

Guerin Catholic

Terre Haute South

I’m looking forward to this weekend’s Bloomington South/Brebeuf game.  By all rights given Brebeuf’s massive fail this past Friday, I’d generally favor BS big….but I’ve always been a little dubious about South.  I will say, though, that South’s handling of CN this past Friday went a ways towards consolidating in my mind that they might actually be pretty decent.

With that, I don’t know anything about Brebeuf’s injury situation, etc.  I just know I was shocked when they beat Roncalli a couple of weeks ago.

I was also pretty stunned how close that Guerin/Northview game was on Friday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

I’m looking forward to this weekend’s Bloomington South/Brebeuf game.  By all rights given Brebeuf’s massive fail this past Friday, I’d generally favor BS big….but I’ve always been a little dubious about South.  I will say, though, that South’s handling of CN this past Friday went a ways towards consolidating in my mind that they might actually be pretty decent.

With that, I don’t know anything about Brebeuf’s injury situation, etc.  I just know I was shocked when they beat Roncalli a couple of weeks ago.

I was also pretty stunned how close that Guerin/Northview game was on Friday.

after souths drubbing by chatard the last handful of years I would be skeptical as well. However brebeuf is no chatard

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

Interesting sagarin rating for 5A.

Screenshot_20230930_164152_Chrome.jpg

You probably already saw it, but the JV and freshmen teams remained unbeaten with the JV squad (6-0) winning 24-14 over Col. North and the freshmen (5-0-1) winning 38-0 over the Bull Dogs. 

• Like 1

Here are my picks for Week 8:

Bloomington South @ Brebeuf Jesuit - The Panthers have not had much luck with the parochial schools in the Indy area over the past six seasons and are 1-3 against them in that period with a win over Roncalli, two losses to Chatard, and a loss to Cathedral in a regional championship game. Brebeuf is smarting after losing on the road at TH South, a game that most people had them favored in. I watched most of the 4th qtr of that game and the defenses for both teams were really porous in that qtr with both teams marching up and down the field. Brebeuf was at around the 20-yard line of THS when they simply ran out of timeouts and time and threw two desperation tosses while under pressure into the end zone that were well covered. Brebeuf can certainly move the ball, but with what I saw of their defense, I think the Panthers will get enough defensive stops to win this game on the road by two TDs.

Columbus North @ Bloomington North - I thought the Bull Dogs would give the South Panthers a much better game than they did on their homecoming night. South simply steamrolled them in the 2nd qtr and it was a running clock at the start of the 2nd half. I don't expect the Bull Dogs to have another first half like that, but I believe North will win this game by 3 TDs, and with only Southport left on their regular season schedule after this game, the Cougars have an outstanding chance of finishing unbeaten in the regular season. 

Terre Haute North @ Guerin Catholic - 3A No. 2 (coaches poll) Guerin Catholic had to come from behind to beat Northview last Friday. They shouldn't have any trouble downing the Patriots who got blasted by a previously winless Southport team on Friday. This game could have a running clock to start the 2nd half, and I expect the Golden Eagles to win the game by 5+ TDs.

Southport @ Terre Haute South - The Braves have won three of their last four games with their only loss in that period to the South Panthers. It will be four of their last five games after entertaining Southport on what I assume will be their Senior Night. The Cardinals won their first game of the season by rolling over TH North, but that will almost certainly be their only win of the season. I see the Braves winning by 4 TDs or better.