Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2023 Conference Indiana (what's left of it)

16 hours ago, ptr said:

I meant to post this earlier but I got wrapped around the axle on other things, and you may have already seen it. South's JV team blasted the Arties 60-0 to move to 2-0. The freshmen beat the Arties 32-24 to move to 1-0-1. It certainly looks like we have help coming with so many seniors in the starting lineup this year.

Wow. Massive disparity in these two games. What is going on at JV? Everyone playing varsity or frosh ball?

Probably easier than having someone stationed at the school during the week to sell them.  Also, it seems to go quicker for us.  You just show them the ticket and move through.  Some have you scan them but it's still fast.  No need to make change either. 😄

I prefer the cash option myself but I imagine that one or more of the reason's above is why.  I'm sure they have to pay for the service though so they probably don't get the full amount per ticket. 

I'll go ahead and take the liberty to keep a pick'em going.

There were five who predicted week two games and here's where that lies:

Bulldog15 - 5-1

ptr - 5-1

Frozen Tundra - 4-2

LC_Bears_04 - 4-2

MuleDriver - 4-2

As Bulldog15 already indicated, there are just three games this week and only one game appears to be competitive, and they are:

Bloomington South @ Terre Haute North

Bloomington North @ Terre Haute South

Southport @ Columbus North

Bloomington South @ Terre Haute North - South should not have any problem putting away THN barring a rash of turnovers and drives being killed by major penalties. A 2-8 THN team blew Crispus Attucks away last season by something like 55-6 or around that. Last week, the Patriots traveled to play a not very good Crispus Attucks and got beat 38-10, so it doesn't look good for them right now. South by at least five TDs.

Bloomington North @ Terre Haute South - This looks to be the only competitive game this week. The Braves played Floyd Central last Saturday on a neutral field at BNL and lost a heartbreaker with the Highlanders scoring on the last play of the game to come from behind for the win. The Cougars have had problems with turnovers and major penalties and have had to hang on to win both of their games so far. The Cougars had a 20-point lead going into the 4th against Mooresville, only to let Mooresville make a comeback with the Cougars hanging on for a 34-29 win. Last week, North trailed BNL for much of the game before scoring with 18 seconds left in the game to pull the game out. I don't trust the Cougars in this one, but I will give them a slight edge and the win by one TD.

Southport @ Columbus North - This should be another blowout with Southport heading for another abysmal season and they got blown out by their sister school in Perry Meridian last week. The Bull Dogs should match South with at least a five TD margin. 

5 hours ago, ptr said:

I'll go ahead and take the liberty to keep a pick'em going.

There were five who predicted week two games and here's where that lies:

Bulldog15 - 5-1

ptr - 5-1

Frozen Tundra - 4-2

LC_Bears_04 - 4-2

MuleDriver - 4-2

As Bulldog15 already indicated, there are just three games this week and only one game appears to be competitive, and they are:

Bloomington South @ Terre Haute North

Bloomington North @ Terre Haute South

Southport @ Columbus North

Bloomington South

Bloomington North

Columbus North

@MuleDriver

Hey Driver, maybe you have already seen it, but WVNI is also traveling to Terre Haute and they will be covering the South/THN game. I don't know if they were already going to cover that game or they saw with the two other stations going to the North/THS game, it made sense not to cover that game that would have been a redundant triple coverage. 

14h  · 
The Panthers visit Terre Haute to take on the Patriots - see you there Panther fans!
Edited by ptr
  • Like 1

Bloomington South over THN.  This is quite possibly TH North’s worst team of all time.  

TH South over BN.  South has some talent and will get some wins this year.  It starts Friday.  

Columbus North will beat Southport.  I’ll make a prediction that Southport will end the losing streak against TH North however.

5 hours ago, THPD262 said:

Bloomington South over THN.  This is quite possibly TH North’s worst team of all time.  

TH South over BN.  South has some talent and will get some wins this year.  It starts Friday.  

Columbus North will beat Southport.  I’ll make a prediction that Southport will end the losing streak against TH North however.

I have to say that I don't know anything about the players on the Patriots team, but that Crispus Attucks score sure gives credence to what you said. The Patriots at Southport game later in the season will be interesting from the standpoint of who is probably going to have the worst season. You have to feel bad for those players that are giving it their all and have put in a lot of hard work and sweat during the off-season to prepare for the season, only to have it go sideways the way it has so far. 

On 8/25/2023 at 11:24 PM, ptr said:

I was hoping it was nothing serious, but unfortunately his high school career is over. I was watching who they had in at center tonight and it is No. 56 but there is no No. 56 on the roster they have online, so I don't know who it is. I assume he replaced Eller last week and played almost the entire game and he was in there for the game tonight and played well in both games, so there was some depth there. Let's hope he stays healthy. South had a starting d-back go down late in the game but it appeared to be nothing more that cramps, and I didn't see any other apparent injuries.

interesting article I found . Which stated injuries 'overall' are in decline however season ending injuries that require time away from sports sre increasing. https://www.aaos.org/aaosnow/2023/jun/research/research03/#:~:text=It noted that participation in,increasing in this vulnerable population.

• Like 1

@MuleDriver

Hey Driver, maybe you have already seen it, but the shutouts continued this morning with the JV team beating THN 61-0 and the freshman team beating them 48-0.

Again, maybe you are already aware of it, but the JV team team has a freshman kid starting at the QB position who will probably be the starting QB next season as a soph, and there has been quite a bit of hype about him. His name is Duncan Combs and he is 6-5 and 190 lbs, and he has guided the JV team to three straight blowout wins to start the season. I've seen some video on him and he has a great touch on his passes. While I know that video clips only show the highlights, he showed a very accurate arm on the deep throws, laying them right in there. That position looks good going forward.

• Like 1

The pick'em results for Week 3 are in parenthesis next to the handle with the cumulative results for Week 2 and 3 following:

Bulldog15 (3-0) - 8-1

ptr (3-0) - 8-1

Frozen Tundra (3-0) - 7-2

LC_Bears_04 (3-0) - 7-2

MuleDriver (2-1) - 6-3

THPD262 (2-1) - 2-1   (THPD262 made picks for Week 3 only)

There are four games for Week 4:

Bloomington North @ Bloomington South

Terre Haute South @ Terre Haute North

Columbus North @ Indy Roncalli

Pike @ Southport

Bloomington North @ Bloomington South - The Panthers beat a 6-5 North team twice last year with neither game being close. South is a better team this season with a rock-solid defense. The Cougars are 3-0 and have had to come from behind in the 4th in their last two games, although they outscored THS 21-0 in the 4th on Friday. That won't happen against South, and I see the Panthers winning the game by 2-3 TDs, and it could be bigger IMO, but it's a rivalry. 

Terre Haute South @ Terre Haute North - The Braves have been competitive this season and lost a heartbreaker to BNL on the last play of the game and they had B-North on the ropes going into the 4th on Friday before North took over. There's no question the Braves are a better than their crosstown rival which is a very young team, and I see them winning the game by a least 4 TDs.

Columbus North @ Indianapolis Roncalli - The Bull Dogs almost shutout Southport on Friday with the Cardinals scoring on the last play of the game to avoid the shutout. They travel to Indy to face Roncalli which opened the season with a big win over Southport and then lost to two very good teams in Franklin Central and Indy Chatard. Roncalli seems to always have a solid team like most of the parochial schools in Indy, and I see them being a little too much for CN, although I think the Bull Dogs will keep it close. I see Roncalli by one TD.

Pike @ Southport - This could be a team that Southport can beat since Pike is not very good also, but Pike barely lost to Zionsville in the season opener, and then lost big to two very good teams in Fishers and Ben Davis. I'm going with Pike by one to two TDs.

Panthers by a slim margin. North has lost several on a row and will put up a great game plan and might win. 

duh.

Edge to roncalli since they are the home team.

Pike @ Southport

Southports wheels fell of a handful of years ago .

17 hours ago, ptr said:

The pick'em results for Week 3 are in parenthesis next to the handle with the cumulative results for Week 2 and 3 following:

Bulldog15 (3-0) - 8-1

ptr (3-0) - 8-1

Frozen Tundra (3-0) - 7-2

LC_Bears_04 (3-0) - 7-2

MuleDriver (2-1) - 6-3

THPD262 (2-1) - 2-1   (THPD262 made picks for Week 3 only)

There are four games for Week 4:

Pike @ Southport

Bloomington South

Terre Haute South

Roncalli

Pike

On 9/2/2023 at 11:07 PM, ptr said:

Bloomington North @ Bloomington South - The Panthers beat a 6-5 North team twice last year with neither game being close. South is a better team this season with a rock-solid defense. The Cougars are 3-0 and have had to come from behind in the 4th in their last two games, although they outscored THS 21-0 in the 4th on Friday. That won't happen against South, and I see the Panthers winning the game by 2-3 TDs, and it could be bigger IMO, but it's a rivalry. 

Terre Haute South @ Terre Haute North - The Braves have been competitive this season and lost a heartbreaker to BNL on the last play of the game and they had B-North on the ropes going into the 4th on Friday before North took over. There's no question the Braves are a better than their crosstown rival which is a very young team, and I see them winning the game by a least 4 TDs.

Columbus North @ Indianapolis Roncalli - The Bull Dogs almost shutout Southport on Friday with the Cardinals scoring on the last play of the game to avoid the shutout. They travel to Indy to face Roncalli which opened the season with a big win over Southport and then lost to two very good teams in Franklin Central and Indy Chatard. Roncalli seems to always have a solid team like most of the parochial schools in Indy, and I see them being a little too much for CN, although I think the Bull Dogs will keep it close. I see Roncalli by one TD.

Pike @ Southport - This could be a team that Southport can beat since Pike is not very good also, but Pike barely lost to Zionsville in the season opener, and then lost big to two very good teams in Fishers and Ben Davis. I'm going with Pike by one to two TDs.

A minor correction on Terre Haute South. They lost to Floyd Central on the last play of the game with the game being played at BNL.