Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Roncalli at Chatard

The do not have big good linemen this year.  Graduation really hit them hard.

The few big ones are still developing as all of the starting linemen are Jr and So.   A rebuilding year for the Royals.

Roncalli has 3 SRs on the roster with numbers between 50-79 where linemen should be.   By comparison Chatard has around 12.

I think a rough one for Roncalli, but should be back strong next year.

Edited by fenderbender

2 hours ago, Tin Cup said:

Can't remember the last "blowout" by either side in this match-up.  CYO vs. CYO. 

I can - 2019.  Chatard won 53-7.

I expect a close game.  

This Chatard team looks more like a classic Lorenzano team than any since his retirement….probably not quite as big as some of his lines, though.  Not as much passing, yet, as a typical Doyle team but a shifty, scrambling first year starter QB.  I anticipate they’ll pass more as the season goes on.

Should be an enjoyable game.

1 hour ago, Lysander said:

Forgot about that one.  I guess that might be considered a blowout.  Lol.  More the exception than the rule in this match-up.  I expect standing room only at Alumni Field.

4 hours ago, Lysander said:

I expect a close game.  

This Chatard team looks more like a classic Lorenzano team than any since his retirement….probably not quite as big as some of his lines, though.  Not as much passing, yet, as a typical Doyle team but a shifty, scrambling first year starter QB.  I anticipate they’ll pass more as the season goes on.

An Elephant never forgets 😂 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lysander said:

I expect a close game.  

The WR that is up at PU gave Roncalli fits that game.   

Roncalli will play hard, but will not be able to push teams around up front like they did lasy year.    I think they are still trying to find their identity.

I have been hearing about this Chatard SR class since they were FR and how solid they are.

40 minutes ago, FCGriz said:

It will be a long night and long season for the Royals.  This is the smallest Roncalli team in size and depth in several years.  

Arguably, Roncalli has fielded a MAC size team the last 3 or so years with a line that most likely was the biggest in the state - all classes.  A simple return to normalcy would make the current group small comparatively.  I do understand that they are a little dinged up currently but anyone overlooking Roncalli either now or around playoff team is likely to be in for a rude awakening.

• Like 1

Chatard 14

Roncalli   7

Good game....not that I'm surprised.  I'd argue Chatard left 7 more points off the scoreboard through a serious mental mistake with a second to go in the first half.  That said, a win is a win.

As I suspected, rumors of Roncalli's demise are greatly exaggerated - especially in light of how tightly the Franklin Central team they lost 20-6 to last week just played Brownsburg tonight.  A Brownsburg team that can make a serious claim to be the best team in the state....and fairly well whipped up on Cathedral last week. 

With that, I'm thinking everyone in 4A is likely going to be looking at the rear bumper of East Central this year (who, last I saw tonight, was having its way with Cincy Moeller).  Still, this 'weak and wounded" Roncalli team might well actually be the second best team in 4A. 

Both schools will need full team efforts to win each week. Neither of them has a stud on offense that can carry the team through rough spots. That being said, tonight was another 1 score game which seems to e the norm for these two teams lately. Good luck to Roncalli for the rest of the year and go Trojans.