Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

HNAC Week 5

2 hours ago, FootballGuy18 said:

Im curious on what was going on at the NJ and Winamac game. I believe i saw 0-0 going into the 4th or something like that. Wasn't really expecting a game. Injuries suspensions for NJ or did winamac get guys back?

I was there. I guess this is a rivalry game of sorts. Winamac played like it. NJ, not so much.

On 9/16/2023 at 7:30 AM, Bobref said:

I was there. I guess this is a rivalry game of sorts. Winamac played like it. NJ, not so much.

Pretty much. Judson looked like they were at a funeral. They don’t have the size they normally do so if they aren’t playing all out they’ll have a tough week.

Team A plays to the level of Team B for this weeks game?

We see it all the time in sports. Doesn't necessarily occur in one sport over another.

There is a rivalry game . . . crosstown rivals, city rivals, neighborhood rivals . . . kids, families, people know each other.  And no matter what the records might be, toss them and the rankings out the window, lace 'em up and let's play some ball.

There is also two teams ranked in the top 10 square off against each other. Game comes down to the last play, or gets decided in overtime, or by a blocked kick, or a pick six.  The game is where we hate to see a team lose.

This week Team A should beat Team B handily.  Until Team B comes to play and keeps the score close into the fourth quarter.

Or, this week is a supposed let down game because Team A is set to play a big rival and both teams appear in top 10 of their class, division or whatever next week.

If you have been around sports for awhile, you've seen several games like the one's mentioned above.

Similarities in each scenario are that these are high school kids, teenagers, playing their heart out.  Making the big play. Getting a sack, an interception, or the game winning touchdown.

As we watch them play for moments like these each night there are winners and losers.

But they are student-athletes - boy and girls.

As we move into Week 6 of high school football and final half of the season for many other sports, 

Thank you kids for bringing the game to a town near all of us!
Bring your favorite seat cushion, arm chair, stadium seat.

Bring your enthusiasm.

Bring you weather appropriate clothing and support your local high school team!

Happeinng at a school near you!

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

On 9/13/2023 at 11:46 AM, FinePrint said:

I think we all know it has and does happen.  And as I said, I wouldn't be surprised if Pioneer wins this year.  I'm just saying it shouldn't happen. 

I watched some of the Pioneer / Hammond game and I must say I'm not at all surprised by the Panther win!  I think there are at least 3, and maybe 4 other HNAC teams that would beat HC.  Pretty sad for a 5A program.  And the fact that they won their first 4 games... go figure.  Give Pioneer credit for sure, but after watching it I'm not sure that was even an upset.

3 hours ago, RingLeader said:

So now 1A should beat 5A’s 

You should run for political office. 

If you look at HC's schedule, it does nothing for them. Good scheduling call on Pioneer's part. Shows just how bad scheduling is on HC's part and why it is important to play formidable opponents.